Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Like Tree266Likes

Thread: Casey Anthony Still Causes Rage

This twat does not deserve a new thread...

Casey Anthony's Former Lawyer Jose Baez Threatens to Sue Over Claims He Had Sexual Relationship With Her

BY STEVE HELLING
    05/25/2016 AT 04:40 PM EDT

It has been nearly five years sinceCasey Anthony was acquitted of killing her 2-year-old daughter Caylee. Although she has lived a relatively quiet life since being freed from jail, her name still evokes controversy.

In an affidavit filed in her bankruptcy case last month, her former private investigator, Dominic Casey, levels some serious accusations about Anthony and her former attorney, Jose Baez.

In the 15-page affidavit obtained by PEOPLE, Dominic Casey alleges that Anthony had a sexual relationship with her attorney before the case went to trial. He claims that he witnessed "a naked Casey" when he arrived at Baez's office unexpectedly.

In the documents, he also alleges that Baez "told me that Casey had murdered Caylee and dumped the body somewhere and, he needed all the help he could get to find the body before anyone else did."

A Strong Denial

In a statement to PEOPLE, Baez disputes all Dominic Casey's allegations. "I unequivocally and categorically deny exchanging sex for my legal services with Ms. Anthony," he writes. "I further unequivocally and categorically deny having any sexual relationship with Ms. Anthony whatsoever."

Casey Anthony upon her release
    RED HUBER / GETTY

"I have always conducted my practice consistent with the high ethical standards required of members of the Florida Bar," he continues. "My representation of Ms. Anthony was no exception."

"Legal action is forthcoming," Baez writes.

A History of Strange Claims

This isn't the first time that Dominic Casey's claims have raised eyebrows.

In a 2011 deposition obtained by PEOPLE, the investigator floats several theories about the Caylee's disappearance and death, and even says that he wasn't entirely sure that the remains found near Anthony's house were the 2-year-old.

In his statement, Baez references Dominic Casey's former claims. "This libelous claim is in line with many other outrageous claims and theories that this individual has advanced regarding the Casey Anthony case," the statement says.

Dominic Casey did not return PEOPLE's messages for comment.

Casey Anthony was spotted Wednesday morning apparently shopping for a new car in Florida

SPLASH NEWS ONLINE

Casey Anthony Lawyer Jose Baez Denies Sex with Client : People.com

I can't imagine that her attorney would violate attorney client privilege by telling an investigator that she confessed to killing Caylee. He could be disbarred for that.
    Wisher likes this.
    "Thankfully I'm an educated multi-millionaire who knows better than to speak to perverted unjust cops without my lawyer. "
    "I think she's psychotic...what do I do?" - Jenny Schecter

Can we update the thread title? When it pops up my blood pressure skyrockets in fear that she is having kids.
    Wisher, Brookie, msdeb and 5 others like this.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

I still strongly believe because she was a good looking female many males allowed her to get away with murder. Literally.

RIP Cayley
    Wisher likes this.
    Sugar... The real gateway drug

Well, in Baez's defense, he was hired to get her off.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

**Drumroll**
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by NickiDrea View Post
    I can't imagine that her attorney would violate attorney client privilege by telling an investigator that she confessed to killing Caylee. He could be disbarred for that.
    True, but I don't think Baez was ever known as an attorney with strong ethics. IIRC, he was pretty much a small time sleazeball until Casey Anthony made him famous.
    Seapharris7 and crayzeehappee like this.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

I wouldn't be surprised.
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

Bronze Member

If he was her private investigator then her attorney might have had permission to share information with him. Nothing about this really surprises me all that much.

In the documents, he also alleges that Baez "told me that Casey had murdered Caylee and dumped the body somewhere and, he needed all the help he could get to find the body before anyone else did."
    ^^^ I'm trying to figure out how doing something like this could possibly benefit Baez. In fact, it seems to me like it would make both the attorney and the investigator accessories after the fact.

Quote Originally Posted by PinkSharpie View Post
    If he was her private investigator then her attorney might have had permission to share information with him. Nothing about this really surprises me all that much.
    You still cannot divulge attorney client communications. It's basically sacrosanct. When we wrote up investigation requests we write it as "please interview so and so and ask whether whatever happened." We don't write it up as "client told me whatever, please check it out." And that's for investigators actually employed by our office! They don't see our client interviews or sit in on our client meetings either.

Maybe we're just paranoid but we don't play that at our office.
    sprynkles, sluce and lindsaywhit like this.
    "Thankfully I'm an educated multi-millionaire who knows better than to speak to perverted unjust cops without my lawyer. "
    "I think she's psychotic...what do I do?" - Jenny Schecter

Quote Originally Posted by NickiDrea View Post
    You still cannot divulge attorney client communications. It's basically sacrosanct. When we wrote up investigation requests we write it as "please interview so and so and ask whether whatever happened." We don't write it up as "client told me whatever, please check it out." And that's for investigators actually employed by our office! They don't see our client interviews or sit in on our client meetings either.

Maybe we're just paranoid but we don't play that at our office.
    Disagree whole heartedly. Attorneys, Investigators, DA, Cops ALL talk. They are the most gossipy people you will ever see. And Attorneys DO share with PIs. Absolutely. I've worked both sides and you gotta know the snake that might bite you in the ass to make sure you cover it. However this PI sounds a bit out there.
    "Like when I host a party. I hope my guests get along. But if not, how interesting!"
    Andy Cohen

Quote Originally Posted by ChloroformCasey View Post
    Attorneys, Investigators, DA, Cops ALL talk. They are the most gossipy people you will ever see.
    And some even post here! On this thread. Weighing in on what attorneys can and cannot do.

witchcurlgirl and twitchy2.0 like this.
    "Shopping tip: You can get shoes for a buck at the bowling alley."

Quote Originally Posted by ChloroformCasey View Post
    Disagree whole heartedly. Attorneys, Investigators, DA, Cops ALL talk. They are the most gossipy people you will ever see. And Attorneys DO share with PIs. Absolutely. I've worked both sides and you gotta know the snake that might bite you in the ass to make sure you cover it. However this PI sounds a bit out there.
    It's illegal and I believe that it is a small number that break the oath. I work with attorney's too and trust that they don't gossip like they're in a sewing circle.
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

In a 2011 deposition obtained by PEOPLE, the investigator floats several theories about the Caylee's disappearance and death, and even says that he wasn't entirely sure that the remains found near Anthony's house were the 2-year-old.
    How is that even possible? The remains were pretty much skeletal, so I'm sure they did a DNA test.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread Information