Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree110Likes

Thread: Carrie Underwood warns fans she may not look the same after ‘freak random accident’

I fell up the stairs when I was 6. Busted my forehead to the tune of nearly 100 stitches and my chin required around 30. My bottom teeth came thru my skin right below my lip requiring stitches there too.

I have all kind of scars on my face.

It wasn’t a new season when I was a kid until I broke a bone or needed stitches. I’d fall over just standing up.

fgg

i think the issue is on the side of her face furthest from the camera so she's hiding it as much as she can.
    bootspaige likes this.
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

Her face looks a little swollen to me, which, if she's just six weeks past 40-50 stitches isn't unexpected.

I managed to fall down a flight of stairs stone cold sober, too. They'd just replaced the rubber tread along the stairs that led to the parking lot at work, didn't glue one down properly, and I caught the rubber heel of my boot on the edge. I go tumbling ass over teakettle, and smack into a glass wall looking out where the smokers congregated. By all accounts, it was quite spectacular. (I didn't break anything, but I sprained muscles I didn't know I had.)

I fell down the stairs and broke my sternum. Worst pain of my life. I absolutely believe her. Not a chance would I ever suspect Mike Fisher of laying his hand on her. We have mutual friends and the nicest things have always been said about him. I know that doesn't always mean people are right, but I believe it.

Quote Originally Posted by Charmed Hour View Post
    I fell up the stairs when I was 6. Busted my forehead to the tune of nearly 100 stitches and my chin required around 30. My bottom teeth came thru my skin right below my lip requiring stitches there too.
    Quote Originally Posted by dallison View Post
    I fell down the stairs and broke my sternum. Worst pain of my life.
    OMG, y'all! I'm cringing just reading these! OUCH!

Quote Originally Posted by dallison View Post
    I fell down the stairs and broke my sternum. Worst pain of my life. I absolutely believe her. Not a chance would I ever suspect Mike Fisher of laying his hand on her. We have mutual friends and the nicest things have always been said about him. I know that doesn't always mean people are right, but I believe it.
    It's strange that the fact that he wasn't home when she fell seems to get lost in translation.

Mike Fisher Thanks God for Support After Carrie Underwood's Fall

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

Quote Originally Posted by lindsaywhit View Post
    Sometimes I'm shocked so many of us make it to a ripe old age.
    My fat makes me bounce and saves me.
    Trixie, lindsaywhit, deenz and 2 others like this.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

One can do a lot of damage falling from what seems like a small height. I missed a step at the Jenny Wade House in Gettysburg last fall and nearly broke my lower leg. It left me with a horrible shin injury that left me unable to walk and in agony. I fell the first day we got there, too so my trip officially ended no sooner than it began. That leg is still discolored and painful where I hit it. I also still have a large knot from the giant hematoma that formed. Some of the worst pain of my life, and from missing a 2 inch tall step on the sidewalk.

Quote Originally Posted by Mivvi21 View Post
    One can do a lot of damage falling from what seems like a small height. I missed a step at the Jenny Wade House in Gettysburg last fall and nearly broke my lower leg. It left me with a horrible shin injury that left me unable to walk and in agony. I fell the first day we got there, too so my trip officially ended no sooner than it began. That leg is still discolored and painful where I hit it. I also still have a large knot from the giant hematoma that formed. Some of the worst pain of my life, and from missing a 2 inch tall step on the sidewalk.
    Having lived in Gettysburg all those old house and the sidewalk maintenance leaves much to be desired.

Quote Originally Posted by Charmed Hour View Post
    Having lived in Gettysburg all those old house and the sidewalk maintenance leaves much to be desired.
    Yes it does. That tiny step I fell on shouldn't even be there. It's not even wide enough for your foot to fit on, and caused my ankle to buckle and send me tumbling. Plus the streets are dark as hell up there because the lighting sucks.

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by Laurent View Post

Her face looks a lot better in the pic on the left than it does on the right

Edit: After looking at the left pic, her cheek and the whole area under her left eye is pretty swollen and bruised. I just thought it was because my lazy ass hasn't cleaned my monitor in ages.

Silver Member

I agree that she looks a little off in the new picture but can't really point out why, but the swelling is obvious I think. It's hard to tell since she's always wearing 10 pounds of make up.

Quote Originally Posted by Mivvi21 View Post
    Yes it does. That tiny step I fell on shouldn't even be there. It's not even wide enough for your foot to fit on, and caused my ankle to buckle and send me tumbling. Plus the streets are dark as hell up there because the lighting sucks.
    Being from the Bronx, I always joked I was nervous walking thru town late at night due to poor lighting. Can’t see what’s coming at you.

Gold Member

Looking at the close up of the picture she looks like she has a neutral-colored bandage on her cheek. The edges look perfectly rounded. Maybe it's bruising or just the shading of the picture..?
    bootspaige likes this.

Deenz, good eye! I see it now, too. i think the right side is the most damaged. I feel so much for her and believe her story.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information