Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree46Likes

Thread: Carrie Underwood Slams Sound of Music Live! Critics: Mean People Need Jesus

Jesus taught you to turn the other cheek too, Carrie.

No one's criticizing Audra McDonald, so does that mean her fans have Jesus?
    When Carrie was singing the show was good but as soon as she started to act, her dead-eyed Maria just sucked the life out of the whole production. It's not a lack of Jesus that was at fault here, it was lack of acting skills that people are questioning.

They should have cast Blair Underwood instead of Carrie Underwood, at least he can act. And that Dirndl would look cute on him.
    'I had to get rid of the kid. The cat was allergic.'

Quote Originally Posted by ConstanceSpry View Post
    They should have cast Blair Underwood instead of Carrie Underwood, at least he can act. And that Dirndl would look cute on him.
    Then Blair's Maria could have run off with Mother Superior and had really pretty babies that can sing!
    ConstanceSpry and sprynkles like this.

The Sound of Music was my great-uncle's FAVORITE movie of all time. He saw it at the theatre probably 50 times. He was given a copy of it on VHS and wore it out watching it.
    That said, I have no idea why. I love Julie Andrews, but this movie just never did it for me. I had no intention of watching Carrie Underwood's version.

I have always hated Carrie Underwood's voice, both speaking and singing. It always has sounded so screechy and forced to me. This, however is one of the most beautiful performances I have ever heard. She moves her colleagues and herself to tears, and you can tell how much she truly loves to sing and entertain. The last note gives me chills. After watching this, I said "after that performance, I'll try to be more open minded about her singing. Surely her voice will grow on me." heard her on the radio the next day and couldn't turn it off fast enough. Yep, still grating as hell
    Bluebonnet likes this.

Silver Member

Quote Originally Posted by KrisNine View Post
    I remember being in 7th grade and being forced to watch this at a friends house. The whole family was into it and I wanted to shoot myself. I absolutely hated it.
    Bahaaaaa
    Callalily likes this.

I soooo would have watched Blair Underwood as Maria. Every second of it.

Brookie, Callalily and Air Quotes like this.

Minus the beard though, I think.
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

Pretty much everyone on GR needs Jeebus.
    sluce and Honeythorn like this.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

and a fluffy hand basket.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

I hope that fluff is flame retardant.
    sluce likes this.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

Quote Originally Posted by tulip View Post
    I feel for Carrie, but she put herself out there in a major way, and when you do that in this day and age with our social media, you have to be prepared for the backlash. She has a lovely voice, but she is not an actress. She couldn't carry something like this off. Bravo for her for trying, but now pull up your big girl panties, take your lumps, stop telling anyone that criticizes you to find Jesus and go find a project that better suits your talents.
    ^This^

Kym Karath wasn't being "mean". Puhleeze. I love Carrie and her voice. She's just no stage actress.
    Before you can judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? He's a mile away and you've got his shoes. - Billy Connolly

Anne Hathaway In 'Sound Of Music Live'? Von Trapp Family Reveals Their Ideal Choice For Maria

Turns out, the real Von Trapp family wasn't so hot on the idea of Carrie Underwood playing Maria in "The Sound of Music Live!"
    Myles von Trapp Derbyshire, the great grandson of Maria von Trapp, expressed his disappointment in NBC's casting to ABC News.
    “It’s just upsetting that this could potentially be the final broadcast of our story,” (Oh my goodness, get over yourself. You were a goddamn family who sang. How many fucking times does your story need to be broadcast??") he said. “And although her voice is amazing, she doesn’t have acting experience ... It’s just the overall image, she’s a country star, she won ‘American Idol,’ she’s very public in kind of a tabloid way.” (which might explain the killer ratings, idiot. NBC is not concerned about Broadway quality performances as long as people tune in.....)
    Derbyshire, a 28-year-old New Yorker, said the family got together and chose their own Maria: Anne Hathaway. (OK, any slight bit of credibility you might have had....POOF, gone. actually, Anne might have done a good job)
    “Here’s someone who just won an Oscar for a similar situation [in "Les Miserables"]. She was able to act and sing,” he told ABC. His aunt, Francoise von Trapp, even blogged about the casting decision a few days before the live show. "Carrie Underwood as Maria? Seriously? I mean, I have nothing against her personally -- she's an extremely talented country singer, but I'm pretty sure my father is repeatedly rolling over in his grave."
    The Von Trapps weren't the only people who threw shade at Underwood's performance. The Grammy winner told EW she received hate mail, and Twitter was alive with the sound of snark during NBC's special programming.

Anne Hathaway In 'Sound Of Music Live'? Von Trapp Family Reveals Their Ideal Choice For Maria

I can't even begin to contemplate on which modern day actress my great grandmother would have like to have play her. Ha ha. Nor would I say her deceased husband was distraught over the decision. I'm sure my great grandpa would have loved Carrie Underwood as his spouse, but probably not for her singing abilities

I saw parts of it, and she was bad - like Whitney-in-The-Bodyguard bad.
    "I am a social vegan; I avoid meet!” Anonymous Introvert

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information