Page 7 of 22 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast
Like Tree712Likes

Thread: Carrie Fisher suffers massive heart attack on plane

Inside my pointy little head I want to charge into her hospital room and tell her to wake the hell up - we are going to need her unsurpassed snarkiness to get us through the next four years!!!

Damn - I'm upset!
    Seapharris7 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by BITTER View Post
    Still holding on to hope. So far, I think Alec Guinness is the only Star Wars actor to have passed - am I wrong?
    Peter Cushing, Commander of the Death Star. Though CGI might convince otherwise in Rogue One...
    C_is_for_Cookie likes this.
    Ain't nothing wrong with Ohio wang! - MontanaMama

Quote Originally Posted by BITTER View Post
    Still holding on to hope. So far, I think Alec Guinness is the only Star Wars actor to have passed - am I wrong?
    He was in the prequels, does the great Christopher Lee count?
    BITTER, Brookie and VeraGemini like this.

Quote Originally Posted by C_is_for_Cookie View Post
    Christopher Lee always counts (insert obligatory Count Dracula gag here).

At one time he held the record for most screen credits - over 200. Very accomplished and literate man - fluent in 5 languages, I believe.
    BITTER and Brookie like this.

Quote Originally Posted by C_is_for_Cookie View Post
    For what it's worth he was Peter Cushing's best friend
    C_is_for_Cookie and BITTER like this.

Just heard on the news that Carrie has died.

Goddammit.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

Oh noooooooooooooo!!!!
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

Just heard as well, but haven't found a source I'm comfortable posting yet.
    "Shopping tip: You can get shoes for a buck at the bowling alley."

fgg

Iconic Star Wars Actress Carrie Fisher Dies at 60

Carrie Fisher, the actress best known as Star Wars‘ Princess Leia Organa, has died after suffering a heart attack. She was 60.

Family spokesman Simon Halls released a statement on behalf of Fisher’s daughter, Billie Lourd:

“It is with a very deep sadness that Billie Lourd confirms that her beloved mother Carrie Fisher passed away at 8:55 this morning,” reads the statement.

“She was loved by the world and she will be missed profoundly. Our entire family thanks you for your thoughts and prayers.”

Fisher was flying from London to Los Angeles on Friday, Dec. 23, when she went into cardiac arrest. Paramedics removed her from the flight and rushed her to a nearby hospital, where she was treated for a heart attack. She later died in the hospital.

The daughter of showbiz veteran Debbie Reynolds and entertainer Eddie Fisher, Fisher was brought up in the sometimes tumultuous world of film, theatre and television.

Escaping Hollywood in 1973, the star enrolled in the Central School of Speech and Drama in London, where she spent over a year studying acting.

Just two years later, though, the bright lights of Hollywood drew her back, and Fisher made her film debut in the Warren Beatty-lead Shampoo.

Her role in Star Wars would follow in 1977 – the experience she recently detailed in memoir, The Princess Diarist. She was only 19 when the first installment of the beloved sci-fi franchise was filmed.

In addition to the second and third Star Wars films – and last year’s The Force Awakens – Fisher starred in 1980’s The Blues Brothers, The Man with One Red Shoe, Woody Allen’s Hannah and Her Sisters in 1986 and, later, When Harry Met Sally.

Fisher wed musician Paul Simon in 1983. It was an explosive marriage, according to Homeward Bound: The Life of Paul Simon author Peter Ames Carlin, and was cut short by swinging stages of depression, the actresses’ drug use and an array of personal insecurities. The relationship continued, though, on-and-off for several years after the pair divorced in 1984.

The star’s substance abuse problem was well-known, starting at only age 13 when she first started smoking marijuana, Fisher previously told The Telegraph. She said she later dabbled in drugs like cocaine and LSD. Fisher’s addiction was largely profiled in her 1987 best-selling, semi-autobiographical novel, Postcards from the Edge, which was later turned into a movie starring Meryl Streep.

“I never could take alcohol. I always said I was allergic to alcohol, and that’s actually a definition to alcoholism — an allergy of the body and an obsession of the mind,” Fisher told the Herald-Tribune in 2013. “So I didn’t do other kinds of drugs until I was about 20. Then, by the time I was 21 it was LSD. I didn’t love cocaine, but I wanted to feel any way other than the way I did, so I’d do anything.”

In 1985, Fisher was diagnosed with bipolar disorder, she told the Herald-Tribune, and subsequently became an outspoken advocate for mental health awareness.

Throughout much of the ’90s, Fisher focused on her writing career, publishing Surrender the Pink and Delusions of Grandma. In addition, Fisher reportedly helped craft the scripts for numerous Hollywood films, going uncredited, for films like The Wedding Singer, Hook and Sister Act.

Billie Lourd, Fisher’s only child, was born in July 1992. The Scream Queens star’s father, talent agent Bryan Lourd, dated Fisher for three years and is now married to Bruce Bozzi.

In 2005, Fisher was recognized with the Women of Vision Award by the Women in Film & Video – DC. Three years later, Fisher’s Wishful Drinking autobiography was turned into a one-woman stage show and eventually an HBO documentary.

Of returning to the role that launched her career – Leia – for The Force Awakens, Fisher told PEOPLE in 2015, “I knew that something enormous was likely going to impact my life from this film and that there was absolutely no way of understanding what that was or was likely to be.”

The film – which brought Fisher back into the spotlight – earned her a nomination for the 2016 Saturn Award for best supporting actress.

Just last month, Fisher also revealed her surprising on-set affair with Star Wars costar Harrison Ford in The Princess Diarist, telling PEOPLE of the three-month fling, “It was so intense.” The memoir, which drew from Fisher’s old diaries and notebooks, brought up mixed feelings for the actress.

“I had forgotten that I’d written them, and I’ve never written diaries sort of like that,” she said. “I write when I’m upset … it was about two or three months of upset.”

Fisher added, “It was sad because I was so insecure, and it’s very raw and obviously I didn’t expect anyone — including myself, I suppose later on — to read it.”

She is survived by her mom Reynolds, daughter Lourd and beloved French bulldog, Gary.

Carrie Fisher Dies at 60
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

Damn, that really makes me cry. I sooooo wanted her to make it.
    Mrs P likes this.

Carrie Fisher, Actress, Author and 'Star Wars' Rebel Princess, Dies at 60

9:55 AM PST 12/27/2016 by Gregg Kilday

• FACEBOOK
    • TWITTER
    • EMAIL ME
    • PRINT
    • COMMENTS

Fabrizio Maltese
    Carrie Fisher

The daughter of Debbie Reynolds and Eddie Fisher, she carved out her own idiosyncratic career as a truth-telling Hollywood wit.

Carrie Fisher, the actress and writer best known for her iconic role as Star Wars’ Princess Leia, died days after suffering a heart attack while onboard a flight from London to Los Angeles. She was 60.
    Family spokesperson Simon Halls confirmed the news to The Hollywood Reporter.
    A child of Hollywood royalty, Fisher carved out her own idiosyncratic career, enjoying her biggest onscreen popularity as Leia in the original Star Wars trilogy before going on to establish herself as an acerbic, truth-telling writer with such books as Postcards From the Edge. Her HBO special, Wishful Drinking, in which she recounted her unusual life, was nominated for an Emmy as outstanding variety, music and comedy special in 2011.
    Born to actress Debbie Reynolds and singer Eddie Fisher in 1956, Carrie Fisher grew up in a showbiz fishbowl — her parents divorced when she was just 2 after Eddie Fisher left Reynolds for actress Elizabeth Taylor in what at the time was a major tabloid scandal.
    The young Carrie, who grew up in Beverly Hills, first stepped onstage when she was 15 to join her mother in the Broadway musical Irene. She made her film debut four years later in Warren Beatty’s Shampoo (1975), playing a precocious teen who seduces Beatty’s sexually adventurous hairstylist.
    Appearing at Cannes in May to promote the documentary Bright Lights: Starring Carrie Fisher and Debbie Reynolds, which HBO will air in March, Fisher joked, "I didn't want to be in show business, and I think I did a very good job [of that]."
    Nevertheless, she left her mark on the big screen. Star Wars (1977), in which she led the rebellion as Princess Leia, was only her second film and first starring role. She would reprise the part in the two sequels that rolled out in 1980 and 1983, and she returned to the character, in a now-mature incarnation, in 2015’s Star Wars: The Force Awakens. Fisher, who is thanked in the end credits of the new Star Wars spinoff movie Rogue One, was scheduled to appear in the next Star Wars movie, Episode VIII, scheduled for release on Dec. 15.
    Fisher often spoke with ambivalence about Leia, telling Rolling Stone in 1983: "She has no friends, no family; her planet was blown up in seconds — along with her hairdresser — so all she has is a cause. From the first film, she was just a soldier, front line and center. The only way they knew to make the character strong was to make her angry."
    However, in the wake of the success of The Force Awakens, Fisher appeared to have made peace with her onscreen alter-ego, attributing the success of the franchise to the fact that "this movie's about family, Star Wars is. That's why it has the appeal."
    And she received another Emmy nomination for a 2007 appearance on NBC's 30 Rock, in which she played a crazy writer, spoofing her Star Wars dialogue with that episode's last line: "Help me, Liz Lemon! You're my only hope!"
    When some fans criticized how the older Leia looked, Fisher took to Twitter. She admitted that some of the negative comments had hurt her — "unfortunately it hurts all 3 of my feelings," she wrote — but she also fought back, adding, "Youth & beauty R NOT ACCOMPLISHMENTS, they're the TEMPORARY happy Biproducts of Time or DNA. Don't hold your Breath 4 either."
    But while Fisher will always be associated with Leia and the princess’ famous hair buns, Fisher — who also appeared in such films as Hannah and Her Sisters (1986), When Harry Met Sally … (1989) and Soapdish (1991) — drifted away from acting full-time and found a new identity as an author, screenwriter and all-around Hollywood wit.
    Frankly addressing her own problems with substance abuse and bipolar disorder, she penned the 1987 hit novel Postcards From the Edge, an only slightly fictionalized version of her own life as a sometimes-depressed actress and the daughter of a major, and occasionally intimidating, Hollywood star. She went on to write the book’s screen adaptation for the 1990 film version, directed by Mike Nichols and starring Meryl Streep and Shirley MacLaine.
    While serving as a script doctor on such films as Sister Act, Last Action Hero and The Wedding Singer, Fisher wrote several more novels as well as the memoirs Wishful Drinking (2008), which she later turned into a one-woman play, the 2011 HBO special; Shockaholic and, most recently, the recent The Princess Diarist.
    Whenever she appeared on the Hollywood awards circuit to pay tribute to another star, Fisher could be counted on to offer up a wry observation that provoked laughter. Speaking at the 2004 AFI Life Achievement Award given to Streep, she recalled what it was like to have the Oscar-winning actress play her. "After Postcards premiered, I began daily to see the pain and disappointment in the eyes of my family and friends every time I wasn't Meryl," Fisher admitted. "There's a name for this condition as it turns out — Merylnoma Streepdecoccus."
    Fisher — whose most constant companion in recent years has been her French bulldog Gary, who accompanied her everywhere — was married to musician Paul Simon from 1977-83 and during the course of her life had a series of other romances with high-profile men, including a recently revealed affair with Star Wars co-star Harrison Ford.
    In addition to her mother, survivors include her daughter, actress Billie Lourd, whose father is CAA co-chairman Bryan Lourd; her brother Todd Fisher; and her half-sisters, actresses Joely Fisher and Tricia Leigh Fisher.

Carrie Fisher Dead: 'Star Wars' Actress Was 60 | Hollywood Reporter

Oh God. That just makes me sick and sad. Prayers and good thoughts for her family and her poor doggy.
    "AND WHEN YOU BECAME DENISE, I TOLD ALL YOUR COLLEAGUES, THOSE CLOWN COMICS, TO FIX THEIR HEARTS OR DIE."

Sigh.

Well, this one didn't even use any lube. So sick of this. RIP Carrie. You were strong as hell, woman.

MOTHERFUCKING 2016.. Dammit. Just dammit.
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

R.I.P Princess Leia

Page 7 of 22 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Thread Information