Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
Like Tree712Likes

Thread: Carrie Fisher suffers massive heart attack on plane

My dad died right in front of my mom of a massive heart attack on Sunday morning in August of 1984. It's an awful thing to watch.
    Good luck getting a cat to do anything let alone join in on your sexcapades. - Air Quotes

My favorite uncle died - aged 63 - in the morning of December 26, 1990, in bed, next to my aunt (my mom's youngest sister, a registered nurse) who was still asleep. She felt so helpless, because by the time she woke up, his eyes were rolling back. He'd already passed away when the paramedics arrived.
    Warren Beatty: actor, director, writer, producer.

***** celeb

Someone administering CPR right away means that she wasn't completely deprived of oxygen. In an airport (possibly on the planes too) I'm thinking they should have a resuscitation kit, possibly with an AED. At the least with an ambu bag. Maybe even an oxygen tank.

https://medlineplus.gov/ency/article/001435.htm
    czb likes this.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

So sorry Bitter. That must have been devastating for your mom. I can't even imagine watching someone you love go like that.
    lindsaywhit and BITTER like this.

Meryl doesn't even try anymore. She just calls Lanvin and asks for curtains with a belt.~Bitter
    Can we interest you in Leann Rimes? She has a nice little cadre of fans you'd probably enjoy.~ Pecan Pie

Gold Member

May the force be with Carrie.
    sprynkles likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by BITTER View Post
    My dad died right in front of my mom of a massive heart attack on Sunday morning in August of 1984. It's an awful thing to watch.
    Mine too! August 27, 1987. They were sitting on the couch, talking, and he just slumped over. He survived 2 prior heart attacks.
    BITTER likes this.
    'I had to get rid of the kid. The cat was allergic.'

My Dad died instantly sitting in his car waiting for a friend. Now that I'm older myself I would prefer to go this way than a slow painful death any time.
    sprynkles, spiderpig, HWBL and 2 others like this.

No update on her condition? Damn.

Poor Gary.

My dad had a brain aneurysm that ruptured and he collapsed in the shower. Managed to make so much noise he woke my mother. He was in ICU for several days. Four years later, he's completely fine and beating me at Fantasy Football. Sometimes luck can be on your side.
    Ain't nothing wrong with Ohio wang! - MontanaMama

My father insisted on driving himself to the doctor - not the ER - during the middle of a heart attack. He did the same thing after falling about 15 feet through a rotted out porch with an open fracture. (One of the bones of his arm was sticking out through the skin.) He wrapped a towel around it so he wouldn't ruin his upholstery.

My grandfather, on my mother's side, mentioned at the breakfast table that he thought he might have had a heart attack the night before. They confirmed that at the hospital and asked him how long it had been since his first one. My grandfather's reply? "First one? Oh. I had some real bad chest pains a few months ago, was that what that was?"

They both eventually died from congestive heart failure.

Quote Originally Posted by VeraGemini View Post
    My father insisted on driving himself to the doctor - not the ER - during the middle of a heart attack. He did the same thing after falling about 15 feet through a rotted out porch with an open fracture. (One of the bones of his arm was sticking out through the skin.) He wrapped a towel around it so he wouldn't ruin his upholstery.

My grandfather, on my mother's side, mentioned at the breakfast table that he thought he might have had a heart attack the night before. They confirmed that at the hospital and asked him how long it had been since his first one. My grandfather's reply? "First one? Oh. I had some real bad chest pains a few months ago, was that what that was?"

Yeah, we had a neighbor back in the seventies who, when he was hospitalized for his second to last heart attack (he had the final massive heart attack when still in hospital, when it looked like he was recuperating from the previous one), learned from the cardiologist that the scar tissue on his heart indicated he must have had about 3 "mild" attacks earlier!
    Warren Beatty: actor, director, writer, producer.

***** celeb

A headline just popped up on TV at 3am Pacific Time (Christmas morning) that Carrie's still in ICU.

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by VeraGemini View Post

Yep my husband's doctor (a woman I worked with) thought he just had a nasty virus. I told him that week if he went to the ER I'd disown him thinking he had a man cold, that weekend he drove himself, the ER nurse thought he was sick and having chest pains from cocaine use (seriously) turns out he had had a NON-STEMI (heart attack) pericarditis heart infection and had underlying congestive heart failure and genetic dilated cardiomyopathy (leading cause for heart transplants).

So far I spend christmas with stopping what I do and check the net for news regarding Carrie. My whole family talked about her during Christmas dinner, even my 84 years old mother is rooting for her, not because of Star Wars (she has never seen anything), but because of the crazy but brave, brazen and funny person Carrie is.

Someone put it like this on Twitter
    Dear 2016: We have already lost our Prince, don't take our Princess, too.

Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread Information