Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree74Likes

Thread: Cara Delevingne Quitting Modeling: It Made Me Hate My Body & 'Didn't Make Me Grow'

Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    Probably because Vogue and a lot of other magazines are putting money on the line regarding her looks by putting her on the cover. If she were so repellent that magazine browsers would recoil in horror and not even pick up an issue, I think that would probably be figured out with an initial huge drop in magazine sales when she was first featured. But it seems like that didn't happen - more like the opposite - since they put her back on the cover multiple times.
    Because I have known you for quite a while on this forum and learned to like you for your positive attributes, I find your insistence on trying to argue a subjective matter with objective data cute, rather than annoying.

If I were really interested in the content of a magazine, I would buy it even if Cara Delevingne were on the cover. When I was a teen I would get annoyed whenever one of the magazines I subscribed to had Cameron Diaz on the cover. I still read the magazine, I just didn't leave it sitting with the cover face up on my night table, lol.

Legitimizing LeAnn Rimes' Murderous Trip to the Top

Quote Originally Posted by Annika View Post
    i think she's really cute. i'd probably fall for her charms, as many famous women have.
    Annika likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenna View Post
    Because I have known you for quite a while on this forum and learned to like you for your positive attributes, I find your insistence on trying to argue a subjective matter with objective data cute, rather than annoying.
    Oh, first of all, I totally agree that beauty is subjective. I'm not sure if there is one single celebrity that everyone on this site would unanimously agree is beautiful. I think we all have our bete noire's of acting and modeling - for me, it's Gisele Bundchen and Julia Roberts.
    electrocuted_sheep likes this.

I think we all have our bete noire's of acting and modeling - for me, it's Gisele Bundchen and Julia Roberts.
    They are very popular as objects of hatred on this forum and with good reason. Truthfully I suspect Cara D. reminds me of someone I knew long ago and really disliked. I can't think who, I just have that feeling. Maybe one day I'll figure it out.
    MohandasKGanja, kasippu and Annika like this.

Oh, first of all, I totally agree that beauty is subjective. I'm not sure if there is one single celebrity that everyone on this site would unanimously agree is beautiful. I think we all have our bete noire's of acting and modeling - for me, it's Gisele Bundchen and Julia Roberts.
    I think Car is pretty too. I used to think Giselle was beautiful until I read an interview. She seemed super bitchy unlike an interview with Cara I read, and my god, did she had a difficult childhood. Rich or not, having your mum addicted to heroin must be devastating and she was really open about how it affected her and how she suffered depression.

There are even people who think the Kardasians are gorgeous and stylish. I read a forum yesterday and my eyes popped out of my face. Kylie is gorgeous with the best body ever for some.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenna View Post
    They are very popular as objects of hatred on this forum and with good reason. Truthfully I suspect Cara D. reminds me of someone I knew long ago and really disliked. I can't think who, I just have that feeling. Maybe one day I'll figure it out.
    My husband cannot stand Roberts and Dion because both remind him of someone he couldn't stand when he went to school.

good for her for speaking up. i can see why people find her fug, but she's gorgeous to me, partly because she looks like grumpy cat personified.
    "This is not meant to be at all offensive: You suffer from diarrhea of the mouth but constipation of the brain." - McJag

Quote Originally Posted by Heidi Ho View Post
    She's 24 now ....majority of working models that are not in the "famous" or "supermodel" expire at her age anyway...25 is ancient in that industry.
    Shere Hite, author of The Hite Report, was a model before she became a pseudo sex therapist. She said Eileen Ford told her at 25 she was over the hill and she should do something like "find a wealthy husband" or some shit like that.
    Heidi Ho and arie_skop like this.
    "I am a social vegan; I avoid meet! Anonymous Introvert

Bronze Member

I love how models like Cara and Emily R don't want to be models anymore so they think they're actresses. Cara got lousy reviews for Paper Towns.

^As someone who has seen Paper Towns, I can say that her acting skills are poor - she is as good as Kristen Stewart.

^^^And Kristin's acting made Whitney Houston look like Cicely Tyson....
    "I am a social vegan; I avoid meet! Anonymous Introvert

Bronze Member

Quote Originally Posted by BelledeJour View Post
    ^As someone who has seen Paper Towns, I can say that her acting skills are poor - she is as good as Kristen Stewart.
    She doesn't have more than one facial expression?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information