Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Cameron Diaz's father dies from Pneumonia

Man that sucks for her, truly, to lose a parent unexpectedly (especially one who was so young) is devastating. Sputnik, my heart goes out to you as well, I'm guessing your father got unexpectedly sick as well? One of my good friends from back home lost her father very unexpectedly as well a few years back - he was doing some kind of landscaping in their yard, fell off the ladder and the scissors pierced his heart. Just devastating. I feel so bad for Cameron.
    Women ain't gonna let a thing like sense fuck up their argument. - Chris Rock

Uh. Stupid question here (yes, they do exist):

isn't pneumonia treatable/cureable? I didn't realize youngish people could die from it
    "In the face of the blinding sun, I wake only to find
    that Heaven is a stranger place than than one I've left behind." - SM

I had pneumonia a few years back over Thanksgiving but I guess it wasn't major...it hurt like hell but it was cleared up with antibiotics, a humidifier, plenty of rest and pain medication. Yeah I'm pretty shocked people can die from it as well, I guess they avoid treatment? Or they let things go until the last minute? I know my father is like that, he won't see a doctor for anything. I only heard of pneumonia killing the elderly who are in very poor health or babies, never people who were in optimal health. Its very strange.

^ Ah, I have a couple guy friends like that. I tell them that they can legally refuse the 'turn head and cough' or 'drop your drawers' types of apppointments, and just seek help for their specific ailment...but (BUTT) they're still too chicken to go, lol.

Poor guy, such an unecessary death.
    "In the face of the blinding sun, I wake only to find
    that Heaven is a stranger place than than one I've left behind." - SM

Quote Originally Posted by Dixie Normos View Post
    Uh. Stupid question here (yes, they do exist):

isn't pneumonia treatable/cureable? I didn't realize youngish people could die from it
    Bacterial pnemonia,yes. Viral,no. And every year children die from it-fast. Any one can of any age. Depends on what kind you get and how fast you get medical attention. It is a real killer.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Quote Originally Posted by january View Post
    Man that sucks for her, truly, to lose a parent unexpectedly (especially one who was so young) is devastating. Sputnik, my heart goes out to you as well, I'm guessing your father got unexpectedly sick as well? One of my good friends from back home lost her father very unexpectedly as well a few years back - he was doing some kind of landscaping in their yard, fell off the ladder and the scissors pierced his heart. Just devastating. I feel so bad for Cameron.
    thanks january. he had a massive heart attack in his early 50s. basically died instantly. he was in good health too. no cholesterol, normal blood pressure, had a check up months before and everything was fine.
    i guess you just never know.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Quote Originally Posted by january View Post
    How horrible for your friend! ... That's a freak accident if I ever knew one.
    ssabmud

Cameron Diaz: My Late Father Was 'Loved By Many'

Cameron Diaz has issued a statement remembering her late father, Emilio Diaz, who died suddenly of pneumonia on Tuesday.

The Shrek and Charlie's Angels star, 35, also thanks those who have extended their condolences.

"My mom, sister and I are deeply appreciative of the overwhelming outpouring of love and support during this difficult time for us and all of our family," says the message from the actress, released by her representative, Brad Cafarelli.

"My dad was loved by so many people, and his humor and spirit will always live on in our hearts," she added.

Diaz's sister, Chimene, is 37. Their mother, the former Billie Early, is an import-export businesswoman.

Emilio Diaz, who was 58, reportedly worked for UNOCAL (formerly the Union Oil Company) as a field gauger in the pipeline department for more than 20 years, until his retirement in 1998.

On Tuesday, filming of Diaz's current film, My Sister's Keeper, was halted.

Cameron Diaz: My Late Father Was 'Loved By Many' - Cameron Diaz : People.com

Sputnik, how terrible for you! I'm so so sorry to hear that - you were pretty young when this happened then or were you moved out already? How sad for your mom as well, and your whole family. My condolences, seriously.

CCkisses, yeah it was a terrible freak accident. The doctors said he died almost instantly, so that was of some comfort. My friend was absolutely devastated, of course.

Well...I went to the doc today as promised. No pneumonia but instead bronchitus and a nasty case of it at that. I was there from 3pm til 7pm and received 2 breathing treatments, a steroid shot and oxygen treatment for 30 minutes. My blood oxygen would only register 94 after all that and hovered between 88 and 93 before treatment (said 95 was safe to go home eek). My breath strength would only register 300 at his highest and on a scale of 1000 they said 800 was acceptable. It was obvious I was never going to get there!

They sent me home with scripts for 500 mg Levaquin (supposed to be new and strong) and Albuterol and told me to also get Musonex which I forgot while waiting an hour at the pharmacy.

I'm a sick and tired little girl tonight~

**edit** Maybe not so little
    Playful~

^^Playful, you take it real easy and gets lots and lots of rest for several days - that isn't anything to mess around with - and feel better soon!

My my, didn't we all just dip our tongues in some acid today.

Aww thanks so much. I don't think I have much of a choice. I'm to go back tomorrow for a check up. That's assuming I have the energy to drag myself there~
    Playful~

thanks, january. i was 25 when it happened.

PK, take care of yourself. bronchitis is a bitch.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

PK take care of yourself! Thats a terrible situation to be in, I hope you feel better soon!

Thanks so much for your well wishes. There are many people out there suffering from far worse illnesses than I am but your concerns put a smile on my face.

I posted in an earlier thread many days ago, in response to some of the shenanigans going on with MissD, SS, PB and Morticia. I made an off-the-cuff remark that I had not made any personal connections here since I was rarely here during the daytime when the regular posters are at their most active.

I now take that back totally and completely. While I may not have had a great deal of personal interaction with each of you, it is obvious that the majority here truly care about each other and always wish for the best.

I thank each of you~
    Playful~

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information