Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Cameron Diaz 'hospitalized' after father's death

I feel for her.

Nah,she is a celeb,and she needs help to cope with her father's death?
    I say ,lets shoot her....
    Just because we lose parents too and we cope,right?
    "Effie is all kinds of awesome." - Some internet moderator

Yea, I agree w/cynic and Grimmy.

While its sad that her father died, this unfortunately happens to 'normal' people EVERY DAY. And the majority of those people do not get any significant time off , let alone go under medical attention for it!!

And sure, everyone deals with it differently, but not lets pretend that she is getting a ton of special treatment.

I feel for her, too. I feel like slapping her into reality. Most people have to go to work immediately after the death of a parent. In the government, we get to take three whole days - and it comes out of our own leave, unless you have a nice boss.

Go burn a dobie and deal with it, Cam. The same way you deal with everything else.

My my, didn't we all just dip our tongues in some acid today.

I can't imagine losing my father...I do feel for her.
    Mischief. Mayhem. Tattoos. Soap.

I lost a close relative in November, and it completely screwed with my head. Grief is incredibly personalized. I'm happy for those of you that can quickly bounce back from something like this, but I was in bed for weeks grieving. I was sick and medicated and completely heartbroken.

I hope she begins to heal soon. Losing a family member can knock the wind right out of you.

Quote Originally Posted by cherrypye View Post
    I lost a close relative in November, and it completely screwed with my head. Grief is incredibly personalized. I'm happy for those of you that can quickly bounce back from something like this, but I was in bed for weeks grieving. I was sick and medicated and completely heartbroken.

I hope she begins to heal soon. Losing a family member can knock the wind right out of you.
    I lost my mother almost 20 yrs ago as a teenager.....unfortunately, I had no choice but to deal with it and quickly since my father was MIA. I am STILL not over it. I never will be. BUT----like I said, I had no choice but to move on (literally, I had no where to live after she died). Some people do not have a CHOICE but to bounce back. Sorry, just saying.....

Quote Originally Posted by CherryDarling View Post
    I can't imagine losing my father...I do feel for her.
    Seriously, I can't even remotely picture it. I feel for her, it can't be easy as it is too recent & it will probably never be.
    Last edited by Giselle; April 22nd, 2008 at 06:21 PM.

I grieved for my parent's death when I was 16. They are still alive, but when they pass I will be in a much better position to handle it since I've already grieved. I think I was tripping on some heavy duty green window pane 4-way. I ate all four hits, thinking it was one.

^^Lol, you're horrible!

But yeah, it seemed unnecessary to say she required "medical attention," all people need to know is her father died. That explains her absence, the medical attention deal is tmi, and I don't blame others for being suspicious. Celebs do love attention and sympathy is even better.

Elite Member

I'm going to go on the other end of the spectrum from the pessimists on this board. I bet that publicity and attention are the last thing on her mind right now. She's fortunate that she can take the time off. It's unfortunate that not everyone can, but I don't think she should be dissed for it. I lost my dad very suddenly and unexpectedly and it was horrible. I'm giving her a pass on this one. It's not like she called a press conference to announce she was having a difficult time dealing with this.

I don't think she's doing it for attention either. I'm just saying that she is probably getting special treatment due to her status.

^^Tulip, please don't take some of us too seriously - I really do think she's honestly devistated and going through a terrible time.

It just that it makes me feel more complete as a person to rag on her.

Exchanging glances with the cunty bitches

I hate being negative, but I think her PR camp is using this to their advantage, by mentioning her and the unfortunate passing of her father every chance they get. I don't think she's doing it though, because it sounds like she's taking medication (which is understandable).

My dad is dying, and I'm still dealing with it. I know we all grieve differently, but some people don't have the opportunity to spend a lot of time at home and take their time with the process. I've known people who went to work the very next day after one of their parents died, all because they had no choice. It's a sad part of life.
    Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.

Bronze Member

Quote Originally Posted by cynic View Post
    We gotta start putting up celebrity hospitals so that every time they get a hangnail, they don't clog up "normal" hospitals. I mean I feel badly for the girl that her Dad died.......but hospitalized?!?! Get a grip, girl......
    that's just nasty...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information