Page 44 of 45 FirstFirst ... 34404142434445 LastLast
Like Tree526Likes

Thread: Butter-loving Paula Deen: I Have Type 2 Diabetes/Racism

Legitimizing LeAnn Rimes' Murderous Trip to the Top

'I'm back in the saddle!' Paula Deen announces comeback by riding Food Network star Robert Irvine like a pony
    By Associated Press Reporter
    PUBLISHED: 19:32 EST, 23 February 2014 | UPDATED: 11:35 EST, 24 February 2014

Paula Deen continued maneuvering for a comeback Sunday, turning a beachside cooking demonstration into a public apology for the racist comments that decimated her career last year.

The former Food Network star took the stage to prepare chicken and dumplings at the South Beach Wine and Food Festival, but before beginning asked the crowd if they minded if she talked about something serious for a moment.

It was her first major public speech since private equity firm Najafi Companies invested a reported $75 to $100 million into new company Paula Deen Ventures earlier this month to help the celebrity chef revitalize her career.

Comeback: Controversial chef Paula Deen told her fans she's ready to get back on top

Embattled: Deen got emotional on a Today show appearance last year as allegations surfaced about a history of racism

Without ever explicitly discussing the allegations or comments she has admitted making, she said
    she was glad to be back and that, 'I am not a quitter.'

'We have come off of a very hard summer my family and I, my team, my partners,' she said to a cheering crowd of several hundred fans. 'But you know, I have heard on more than one occasion ... that I've never apologized. So if anybody did not hear me apologize, I would like to apologize to those who did not hear me.'

Deen's career has been in shambles following a one-two punch of public relations disasters.

In 2012, she was criticized for announcing she had both diabetes and a lucrative endorsement deal for a drug to treat the condition she'd until then hidden.

Then last summer, during a legal dispute with a former employee who accused her of racial discrimination and sexual harassment, she acknowledged having used racial slurs in the past.

Most of her endorsement, book and TV deals fell apart within days.

Giddy up: Deen mounted Food Network star Robert Irvine at the South Beach Wine and Food Festival to announce her career resurgence

Deen has mostly stayed out of the spotlight since then, even avoiding the Food Network's 20th anniversary party last October. But lately, she has made it clear she wants back.

Earlier this month, she announced that private investment firm Najafi Companies is investing $75 million to $100 million to help her make a comeback.

As part of the deal, she's launching an umbrella company, Paula Deen Ventures, that will oversee her restaurants, cookbooks and product endorsements.

And Sunday's crowd seemed primed for it all, shouting out to her 'You don't need to apologize!' and 'We want you back, Paula!'

'Ya'll's cards and letters that I got, helped me get out of bed every day' she replied.

Midway through the demo, Food Network star Robert Irvine joined Deen onstage.

Not so sweet: Last summer Deen was accused of a history of racial discrimination and sexual harassment, and lost millions in endorsement deals

Irvine survived his own scandal in in 2008 when the Food Network let him go over discrepancies in claims he'd made over his work experience. He eventually returned to the Network, seemingly unblemished.

'This is a warning to you,' Irvine told Deen. 'You've apologized. You've eaten crow. You're done. Don't do it anymore. I've been there.'

Before a roaring crowd, Irvine then got down on his hands and knees while Deen straddled his back and rode him across the stage, a reenactment of a gimmick they'd done during a previous festival.

'I'm back in the saddle!' she yelled to the crowd.

Cute puppy - that's all I've got to say

Im so sorry to see her back, she makes me wanna puke.

Default Paula Deen Compares Struggle To Michael Sam's Coming Out As Gay

After receiving a $100 Million deal - Please Don't Call Yourself A Victim.

Paula Deen Compares Struggle To Michael Sam's Coming Out As Gay

Paula Deen Compares Struggle To Michael Sam's Coming Out As Gay

Insert foot in mouth.

Paula Deen compared her struggle to repair her damaged reputation to that of NFL hopeful Michael Sam, who recently came out as gay.

In an interview with People magazine, the 67-year-old celebrity chef opened up about attempting to salvage her reputation after the N-word controversy that left her publicly scorned and without a job.

"I feel like ‘embattled’ or ‘disgraced’ will always follow my name," Deen told People in an interview for the magazine's March 10 issue. "It’s like that black football player who recently came out. He said, ‘I just want to be known as a football player. I don’t want to be known as a gay football player.’ I know exactly what he’s saying."

Deen was referring to Sam, the 24-year-old former University of Missouri defensive lineman who publicly came out earlier this month. He is currently eligible for the 2014 NFL Draft and could become the first openly gay, active NFL player in the league's history.

"I was obsessed with the person America had confused me with -- after I had lived my life so clean and open," Deen said in the People interview. “It's amazing that some people are given passes and some are crucified. I have a whole new empathy for these situations, though. My dad always told me, believe half of what you see and none of what you hear."

Last June, Deen was fired from the Food Network after it was revealed she admitted to using racial slurs and considered hiring all black waiters for a "Southern plantation-style" wedding. The revelation came in the midst of a discrimination and sexual harassment lawsuit filed by a former employee of Deen's Savannah, Ga., restaurants. The suit was ultimately dismissed by a judge last August who said the plaintiff, who is white, was "at best ... an accidental victim of the alleged racial discrimination," CNN reported.

Earlier this month, she received an investment of as much as $100 million from a private equity company to rebuild her image and brand.

Read Deen's full interview in the latest issue of People, on newsstands Friday.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kat Scorp View Post
    My fellow 1982 Scorpion! Never occurred to me that penises go into ears until your twitpics
    @NickoMoralesXXX
    @Sexy_Seth_1982 awe sexy! You're just too cute to be true- I can't take my eyes off of you-

"It’s like that black football player who recently came out.
    How many football players have recently come out that she needs to use a racial identifier?
    Shinola, spiderpig, sluce and 1 others like this.
    As Canadian as possible under the circumstances

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"What's traitors, precious?" -- President Gollum

Quote Originally Posted by twitchy2.0 View Post
    How many football players have recently come out that she needs to use a racial identifier?
    But he didn't say he doesn't want to be known as a BLACK player, just not as a GAY one. So it's cool 'n' stuff. AAAAARRLEKRLEKLRKERJ.
    Posted from my fucking iPhone

Quote Originally Posted by Shinola View Post
    AAAAARRLEKRLEKLRKERJ.
    i think your brain just melted
    Shinola likes this.
    As Canadian as possible under the circumstances

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"What's traitors, precious?" -- President Gollum

And she opened her mouth...again.

Quote Originally Posted by twitchy2.0 View Post
    i think your brain just melted
    Like buttah.
    Posted from my fucking iPhone

Paula Deen, Why Would You Put Your Son in Brownface?

This fuckin’ family. Update: Deen deleted the dumb tweet after the internet yelled at her, but we saved a screenshot.

Paula Deen, whose life mission is to gradually murder the entire American populace with buttermilk, should know better. Not just because it’s 2015 and Jesus God how many times have we posted a “local idiot posts picture in blackface” story, but because she’s gotten in trouble for being a backwards bigot so many times before.

My take? Maybe, just maybe, Paula Deen didn’t really mean all those teary apologies, and maybe actually is a big deep fat-fried racist. Her dumbass son, too.
    BITTER likes this.

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

Dumber than a stick o'butter, y'all!!
    Good luck getting a cat to do anything let alone join in on your sexcapades. - Air Quotes

Elite Member

Either they just don't get it or they just don't care. Idiots.

Elite Member

Looking through the whole thread, damn that woman wears a shit ton of foundation! Does she smear it on every morning, like butter?
    CHILLY FREE!
    i have to zero the contain to your level -bugdoll
    you can't even be ogirinal - Mary

What in the ever living fuck is she thinking? Take what's left of your millions and go away.
    spiderpig likes this.

'I had to get rid of the kid. The cat was allergic.'

Thread Information