Page 43 of 45 FirstFirst ... 3339404142434445 LastLast
Like Tree526Likes

Thread: Butter-loving Paula Deen: I Have Type 2 Diabetes/Racism

Yeah its all about bubba, but Paula is standing behind him, so...
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Quote Originally Posted by greysfang View Post
    Yeah its all about bubba, but Paula is standing behind him, so...
    Her big mistake. She should have drop-kicked his redneck behind ages ago.
    CornFlakegrl likes this.
    Good luck getting a cat to do anything let alone join in on your sexcapades. - Air Quotes

yep. the ship's going down with the rat...
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(•_•)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

Quote Originally Posted by Mel1973 View Post
    yep. the ship's going down with the rat...
    Maybe,but it seems if your dumb assed brother jeopardized everything you worked your entire life to build up,you might fianally crack and sever all ties. I wonder if her husband and sons aren't working on that even as we speak...
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

You would think! But, that relationship is almost a parental one. I know she finished raising the asshole once the parents were gone... I think there's a misplaced sense of loyalty there... and I say misplaced because that fucking idiot has royally fucked his sister. Her loyalty TO him has not been reciprocal. She needs to unass the useless, alcoholic, perverted piece of shit! but she won't.
    hustle4alivin and tulip like this.
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    П(•_•)П

You would think! But, that relationship is almost a parental one. I know she finished raising the asshole once the parents were gone... I think there's a misplaced sense of loyalty there... and I say misplaced because that fucking idiot has royally fucked his sister. Her loyalty TO him has not been reciprocal. She needs to unass the useless, alcoholic, perverted piece of shit! but she won't.
    I know,Mel. I just think maybe her sons are gonna push her on this. As well as her legal team. But you may be right. That sorry sack!
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

yeah, it would make sense... but it'd also probably be viewed as a last-ditch effort to distance herself from this. might be too late.
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    П(•_•)П

Her brother IS repulsive... but it's the South and most of us aren't allowed to disown relatives.

I'm not sure how much I believe of this Lisa woman... she seemed content to work there for YEARS of this shit. I just don't buy her line.
    She did work there for years but she also went to HR and others and try to do something about it internally. I think I remember reading in the complaint that at one point she was in a meeting with Paula discussing the Bubba problem and Paula basically dismissed it as "boys will be boys." So, this woman, who probably didn't see how bad it was at first, did speak up sooner. No one in that organization was listening.

Paula Deen's here, y'all. The maybe-racist, maybe-sexist fan-of-antebellum appeared at a Texas cooking show yesterday and cried tears of real butter when the crowd gave her a "10-minute ovation" with "thunderous applause." She then looked straight into a camera lens and declared, "I'm back."

Gawker - Today's gossip is tomorrow's news

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

They all look like her relatives. What a bunch of idiots.

Ten minutes? God thats a long time to clap.
    "A true whore just loves her life." - Sluce

That's some scientology-level clapping right there.
    I smile because I have no idea what's going on

She doesn't deserve it.

Have you ever wondered what was the longest applause in the world and who received it? We did a little bit of investigating, so read on for the answer.On July 30, 1991, legendary Spanish opera tenor Plácido Domingo performed as the Moor of Venice in Giuseppe Verdi’s Otello in Vienna. After his performance, the audience started clapping, and didn’t stop for one hour and twenty minutes.This 80 minute long applause set the world record for the longest standing ovation. It is also interesting to note that Domingo made 101 curtain calls (bows) during this applause.

World’s Longest Applause
    CornFlakegrl likes this.

"A massive penis means never having to say you're sorry". Mo

Quote Originally Posted by sprynkles View Post
    She doesn't deserve it.

Have you ever wondered what was the longest applause in the world and who received it? We did a little bit of investigating, so read on for the answer.On July 30, 1991, legendary Spanish opera tenor Plácido Domingo performed as the Moor of Venice in Giuseppe Verdi’s Otello in Vienna. After his performance, the audience started clapping, and didn’t stop for one hour and twenty minutes.This 80 minute long applause set the world record for the longest standing ovation. It is also interesting to note that Domingo made 101 curtain calls (bows) during this applause.

World’s Longest Applause
    I fucking LOVE this. The honor could not belong to a better guy. I have been lucky enough to see Domingo live several times and they are some of the greatest musical memories of my life. Best of all was his legendary last minute appearance as Othello in SF, where he swooped in from across the globe WITH A BROKEN ARM MOTHAFUCKAS and saved the whole show after the original lead was taken suddenly ill. *sigh* Those were the days.

ETA: Fuck Paula Deen and her stupid-ass brother too.

For a laugh, the following pic. I took it recently in a secondhand shop because it cracked me up. She can't be a racist, y'all! She has a black friend!!!

Last edited by Kathie_Moffett; September 15th, 2013 at 10:57 PM.
    Did you know that every time a parent gives in to their kid's whines and buys them candy at the checkout lane, a kitten gets diabetes?-Dlisted
    I dislike groups of people, but I love individuals. Every person you look at, you can see the universe in their eyes, if you're really looking.
    -George Carlin

mjw
    Elite Member

Paula Deen is trying to reheat her career.

A recently formed new company, Paula Deen Ventures, said it has received an investment of between $75 million and $100 million from Najafi Cos., a private-equity company led by Jahm Najafi, who owns BMG Music Service and the Book-of-the-Month Club.

Phoenix-based Najafi Cos. said the cash infusion will be used to help Ms. Deen establish new deals and move away from a pure licensing model, in which she sells her likeness and expertise to others. Instead, she hopes to take more ownership and control in partnerships with retailers and other companies.

Steven Nanula, a food-industry veteran brought in to be chief executive of Paula Deen Ventures, said the company is in talks with TV networks, retail chains and other possible partners, but has yet to announce a television contract or a major deal. The company declined to name the TV networks and potential partners it has contacted.

A Food Network spokeswoman said the cable-TV channel hasn't had any talks with Ms. Deen about re-appearing on the network.

With her homey Southern drawl and her decadent fried foods, Ms. Deen became one of the best known in the crop of television celebrity chefs. But she fell from popular grace last year over her admitted use of racially controversial language. She soon lost dozens of products endorsements and her high-profile perch on the Food Network last June.

By its own description, Najafi Cos. often invests in business that are "out of popular favor." Mr. Najafi said he doesn't see investing in Ms. Deen to be an extraordinary risk. Despite the controversy, he said, her brand has strong, broad support from core fans across the U.S.

"Our investment allows the Paula Deen brand to expand their relationships and the partnerships that are already in place, and support those partnerships on a go-forward basis," said Mr. Najafi, who is also a part owner of the Phoenix Suns NBA franchise.

In an interview over e-mail, Ms. Deen said the deal with Najafi Cos. came together after she and Mr. Najafi were introduced through a mutual friend.

She said she draws confidence from the "hundreds of thousands of folks who signed up on Facebook's 'We Support Paula Deen' page," adding that "hundreds of thousands of my fans sent me messages of love and support."

In the coming months, she said, she will work on expanding from that base of support. "I hope one day that everyone can have the opportunity to know who I am, as my family, friends and fans do," she said.

In addition to Ms. Deen being booted from the Food Network in the wake of a controversy over her past use of racial slurs, Smithfield Foods Inc. dropped her, while discounters Wal-Mart Stores Inc. and Target Corp. stopped selling Paula Deen products. Ballantine Books, an imprint of Bertelsmann SE & Co.'s Random House Inc. publishing arm, cancelled the publication of "Paula Deen's New Testament: 250 Recipes, All Lightened Up."

Other high-profile personalities have rebounded after being marred by a crisis, including pro football player Michael Vick, and media personality Don Imus.

Messrs. Najafi and Nanula said Ms. Deen has managed to build her social-media presence and to hold on to relationships with other major companies, including cookware distributor Meyer Foods, furniture manufacturer Universal Furniture and poultry producer Springer Mountain Chickens. Springer Mountain said sales of Ms. Deen's products have grown by 35% in the past two quarters.

Ms. Deen's in-store appearances in Dallas, Houston and Buffalo have drawn "standing room only crowds," Mr. Nanula said.

Her company adds that subscriptions to Paula Deen Magazine have risen more than 40% in the past year.

"The important thing to remember is that her fan base is rabid. Her Facebook fan base has more than doubled in the past year," Mr. Najafi said. "The Paula Deen brand is alive and well."

Source

Read more at ONTD: Oh No They Didn't! - Paula Deen Gets Private-Equity Investment

Thread Information