Page 37 of 45 FirstFirst ... 27333435363738394041 ... LastLast
Like Tree526Likes

Thread: Butter-loving Paula Deen: I Have Type 2 Diabetes/Racism

Quote Originally Posted by badgers! View Post
    I'm so confused. I tried looking for a cliff notes version of what she actually said and not having much luck. I have no idea what she admitted to saying versus the rumors at this point.
    Here: Document: Paula Deen's testimony - CNN.com
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

I'm just thinking that where there's smoke, there's fire and people who are parading up and down facebook declaring it was one 27 year-old statement, like it's a FACT, are idiots.
    "I've cautiously embraced jeggings"
    Emma Peel aka Pacific Breeze aka Wilde1 aka gogodancer aka maribou

Yip, yip, yip in your tiny indignation. Bark furiously on, lady dog.

Quote Originally Posted by McJag View Post
    Greys-she did not say this. Look at her deposition pages 124-132. She flatly denied under oath saying it. What she did say was bubble brained enough for sure, but not this.
    Denying something doesn't mean that it didn't happen though.
    faithanne likes this.
    As Canadian as possible under the circumstances

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"What's traitors, precious?" -- President Gollum

Quote Originally Posted by Lobelia View Post
    Obviously we have not been hanging with Paula Deen and we don't know for sure what she's been saying but to dilute and dumb this down to one statement made 27 years ago is just moronic. People see and hear what they want, I guess.

These facebook people are blaming "the media" for trying to take her down. It's a conspiracy, you know. "The media" hates good old fashioned American values. Next thing you know, they'll try to let gay people get married. Oh wait.
    The people I've heard say this are only hearing the soundbites the media keeps playing where she says she said it once during a robbery or something. People have not paid attention to the whole complaint. Mostly because they'd have to find it and read it for themselves since the media can't seem to be arsed to tell much beyond Paula's depo response.

Maybe I'm cynical because I've lived around this kind of thing my whole life. There are always a few people, mostly older, who act so sweet and then talk this kind of shit when they think it's ok. Not most people, just some. It may turn out that Paula did just say it once and this is all persecution but I sure would wait for the smoke to clear before I'd start waving a damn protest sign in her defense.
    "I've cautiously embraced jeggings"
    Emma Peel aka Pacific Breeze aka Wilde1 aka gogodancer aka maribou

Yip, yip, yip in your tiny indignation. Bark furiously on, lady dog.

Greys-she did not say this. Look at her deposition pages 124-132. She flatly denied under oath saying it. What she did say was bubble brained enough for sure, but not this.

I don't even BEGIN to believe that. She said it, she meant it.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

she's here to represent it?
    If i hear one more personal attack, i will type while drunk, then you can cry! - Bugdoll
    (716): I'd call her a cunt, but she doesn't seem to have the depth or warmth
    Quote Originally Posted by shedevilang View Post
    (Replying to MontanaMama) This is some of the smartest shit I ever read

She says she did not say this. Doesn't mean she's telling the truth.
    "You're going to die tomorrow, Lord Bolton. Sleep well."

Quote Originally Posted by faithanne View Post
    She says she did not say this. Doesn't mean she's telling the truth.
    She did say it under oath.
    If they can actaully PROVE she said it then she can be tried on perjury charges.

Also, to be perfectly fair, the other woman says she said that. It would be nice if we had a recording.
    Does it matter? Who knows, she ain't gonna recover from this.
    Mel1973 likes this.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Occam's Razor.
    twitchy2.0 likes this.
    "You're going to die tomorrow, Lord Bolton. Sleep well."

Elite Member

Default Paula Deen Using Supreme Court’s Prop 8 Ruling To Get Discrimination Suit Dismissed

Oh for the love of god...

Paula Deen Using Supreme Court's Prop 8 Ruling To Get Discrimination Suit Dismissed - Deadline.com

It won’t bring back her canned Food Network show, lost endorsements, book deals and merchandising sales, or her reputation in many circles. But Paula Deen today pushed to have dismissed part of a racial discrimination lawsuit — the one in which she confessed to using the N-word in a deposition. The fallout once the deposition became public has quickly led to the collapse of Deen’s cooking empire. The TV chef, who admitted to using the racial slur in the past, is using the Supreme Court’s recent Prop 8 ruling in her efforts: Today, the defendants filed paperwork (read it here) in U.S. District Court in Georgia citing SCOTUS’ ruling June 26 that essentially struck down the Defense of Marriage Act and California’s anti-same-sex marriage Prop. 8. Deen’s former restaurant employee Lisa Jackson brought the original suit against the chef; although white, Jackson has bi-racial nieces. Deen’s supplementary material to the earlier motion for sanction noted Chief Justice John Roberts’ opinion for the majority in the Prop 8 ruling: “For a federal court to have authority under the Constitution to settle a dispute, the party before it must seek a remedy for a personal and tangible harm.” Related: ‘Today’ Gives Paula Deen Failing Grades After Interview

On Tuesday, lawyers for Deen, her brother Earl Hiers and their co-owned Uncle Bubba’s Seafood and Oyster House sought sanctions (read it here) against Jackson claiming she had no right to claim racial discrimination. “Jackson cannot enforce someone else’s right, and she has no actionable claim for feeling ‘uncomfortable’ around discriminatory conduct directed at others,” the June 25 motion said. “These defendants respectfully request the Court to consider Hollingsworth in its resolution of their motion to dismiss,” Monday’s four-page filing added. Deen, her brother and their establishments are represented by William P. Franklin Jr., of Oliver Maner LLP and Thomas A. Withers of Gillen Withers & Lake LLC in this latest filing.
    CHILLY FREE!
    i have to zero the contain to your level -bugdoll
    you can't even be ogirinal - Mary

I just saw someone post on FB one of those meme things, it's said that rappers should be sued as well for being racist against white people if Paula Deen is being sued (or something to that effect). I had to drop the person who posted it, I just can't with this stupid shit.
    dilligaf likes this.

On Tuesday, lawyers for Deen, her brother Earl Hiers and their co-owned Uncle Bubba’s Seafood and Oyster House sought sanctions (read it here) against Jackson claiming she had no right to claim racial discrimination. “Jackson cannot enforce someone else’s right, and she has no actionable claim for feeling ‘uncomfortable’ around discriminatory conduct directed at others,” the June 25 motion said.
    Not that this is even the point, but doesn't that statement right there establish that discriminatory behaviour was going on in the first place?

It's a shame that this mess isn't going to open up some sort of dialogue on racism and act as some sort of national educable moment, but it doesn't look like it's happening that way.
    We all like to think we're so special. But in the end, we all do the same stupid shit. - Dennis Miller

Quote Originally Posted by MmeVertigina View Post
    I just saw someone post on FB one of those meme things, it's said that rappers should be sued as well for being racist against white people if Paula Deen is being sued (or something to that effect). I had to drop the person who posted it, I just can't with this stupid shit.
    all of my religious FB friends are posting that shit. I just hide their posts now.
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

Quote Originally Posted by msdeb View Post
    all of my religious FB friends are posting that shit. I just hide their posts now.
    That is probably the better idea, especially if you want to maintain a relationship with those friends. I am just really over people exposing their hidden asshole-ness freely on FB.

Thread Information