Page 34 of 45 FirstFirst ... 2430313233343536373844 ... LastLast
Like Tree526Likes

Thread: Butter-loving Paula Deen: I Have Type 2 Diabetes/Racism

See,now that bothers me. The woman is/was crazy busy and this was her brothers place-not hers. I doubt she had time to know what hers was doing,much less his.
    I hear you; I may be remembering what the woman on the tour bus said incorrectly, but my vague recollection is that she helped him start it and continued to help him with its management and the like. But I understand where you are coming from; she also at the time was quite busy with filming her show in NYC (one of Gordon Elliott's properties, I think) -- they hadn't yet built the home in which she later filmed it actually in Savannah.

There is no doubt those accusations are horrid and maybe she deserves what she gets. I guess it chaps me that she (a woman) get trashed more that Michael Vick or Lance Armstrong,IMO.
    Lance Armstrong has taken some mighty big lumps; isn't he barred forever from biking? Nike pulled out of his endorsements, LiveStrong dropped him...Vick did at the time also, though he continues to be able to play pro.
    nana51 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by scooter View Post
    What a despicable group of people. I am amazed it took this long to surface.
    These are my first thoughts too...assuming it's all true (and I'm not saying it's not) I am also amazed that this continued so long under the radar. I'm not saying I'm so naive to believe that discrimination doesn't still exist, but from someone so high-profile makes it even more shocking to me. It's like something out of the movie The Help. Which took place, what, 50 years ago?
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

Quote Originally Posted by hustle4alivin View Post
    According to Paula's deposition, Bubba Hiers more or less confirmed the accusations Lisa Jackson made against him. The question is which ones, and where is his deposition?
    Yeah,he seems a giant AH.

But lawyers seem to play the throw mud game.

Lawyer: Hustle, did you tell Shedevil she was a Bitch?
    Hustle: No sir,I don't know who told her.

Meanwhile everyone is mad at you!
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

There is a large population of poor blacks in the Savannah area and the Coastal Empire in general and jobs are pretty hard to come by in that region as it is. I get the feeling that a lot of the employees who worked for the restaurants felt they had to keep those jobs in order to make ends meet and feared retaliation if they went forward.

...As for Bubba, Paula has probably had to cover for her brother for years on end and he's fucked up her brand quite a bit by her continuing to associate with him. Bubba is the common denominator, but Paula Deen is the face of the overall organization.
    Bombshell and Trixie like this.

There is a large population of poor blacks in the Savannah area and the Coastal Empire in general and jobs are pretty hard to come by in that region as it is. I get the feeling that a lot of the employees who worked for the restaurants felt they had to keep those jobs in order to make ends meet and feared retaliation if they went forward.

...As for Bubba, Paula has probably had to cover for her brother for years on end and he's fucked up her brand quite a bit by her continuing to associate with him. Bubba is the common denominator, but Paula Deen is the face of the overall organization.
    Agreed on all counts. I would like to be a fly on the wall & hear her sons opinion of dear Bubba. I bet they use harsh words.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

According to Paula's deposition, Bubba Hiers more or less confirmed the accusations Lisa Jackson made against him. The question is which ones, and where is his deposition?
    Yes, I'd be VERY interested in his deposition. And I hope it was given before Paula's became public.
    "Shopping tip: You can get shoes for a buck at the bowling alley."

Quote Originally Posted by Bombshell View Post
    Yes, I'd be VERY interested in his deposition. And I hope it was given before Paula's became public.
    I'm not a lawyer and don't play one on TV, but would think his deposition took place in May as well.
    Bombshell likes this.

I want to know if the story about the hostess accused of stealing a purse was true and if she'll come forward.

I'm liking her less and less. I knew she was tacky, but now all of this - who knew she was so vile? Her loser brother too.
    Last edited by BITTER; June 29th, 2013 at 09:28 PM.
    Good luck getting a cat to do anything let alone join in on your sexcapades. - Air Quotes

I keep reading this thread title as, "I have type 2 Racism" which makes me wonder what the two types are.

There's racist and then there's
    ----------------------------
    There will be times you might leap before you look
    There'll be times you'll like the cover and that's precisely why you'll love the book
    Do it anyway

Quote Originally Posted by WhateverLolaWants View Post
    I keep reading this thread title as, "I have type 2 Racism" which makes me wonder what the two types are.

There's racist and then there's
    Young Kate making her goofy mime face is simply the best.
    Did you know that every time a parent gives in to their kid's whines and buys them candy at the checkout lane, a kitten gets diabetes?-Dlisted
    I dislike groups of people, but I love individuals. Every person you look at, you can see the universe in their eyes, if you're really looking.
    -George Carlin

I will never believe Paula is completely blindsided by any of this. She may not have known every vile thing her brother did, but there is no way she didn't know her brother. I doubt he hid himself from her in any way. And yet she chose to give him power, excuse his bad behavior, and ignore complaints. No, the picture forming here is one mean old broad who let her meaner brother run roughshod over whomever he chose.

As for what her sons think of their uncle, I'd bet much the same as Paula. He's a man, he can do as he pleases. Also, one of the sons is best friends with that general manager dude who comes off like a first class asshole himself. This group is starting to look like a steaming snake pit.
    Bombshell likes this.

There's a reason her thread at TWoP when I used to visit a long time ago was called, "Paula Deen: We'll Save These for the Men." Or something like that. Haven't been back much since the Bravo takeover.

Quote Originally Posted by McJag View Post
    I read the whole 145 page deposition. Maybe its just me or maybe my eyes glazed over after a while but it sounded to me like hiring HR people was Paula's idea or she approved of it.
    And the staff (not just black) bathrooms all were expcted to use, not the ones up front for paying guests. To be sure there are lots of black guests.
    That makes sense, it make me nervous if a waitress comes in & I have to watch to make sure she washes her hands!
    I would like for our resident legal-eagle to read it and see what I am missing. That would be you,Montana!

Document: Paula Deen's testimony - CNN.com
    Not touching this craptasticness with my fine legal mind, might sully the good information my brain holds.

Quote Originally Posted by McJag View Post
    See,now that bothers me. The woman is/was crazy busy and this was her brothers place-not hers. I doubt she had time to know what hers was doing,much less his.
    Also-she had such a struggle getting started-why would she let men be paid more?
    This bothers me the most-those accusations are slime,but they are just accusations. Not fact,yet at least.

Her brother sounds like total trash. I am drawing that from the same accusations,but he has had trouble with alcohol before...
    That Lisa person sounds a bit off herself.

Whatever-all those corporations must have had legal teams swarming all over that paperwork.
    They might know more than we do,actually.
    There is no doubt those accusations are horrid and maybe she deserves what she gets. I guess it chaps me that she (a woman) get trashed more that Michael Vick or Lance Armstrong,IMO.
    Doesn't Paula's company own 51% of Bubba's restaurant And doesn't Paula own her own company? She would be wholly responsible, as the majority owner, for all of his workplace misdeeds and specifically if the allegation that complaints were made directly to her and she ignored them.

Her brother sounds like an incredibly stupid, vicious, evil person.
    If i hear one more personal attack, i will type while drunk, then you can cry! - Bugdoll
    (716): I'd call her a cunt, but she doesn't seem to have the depth or warmth
    Quote Originally Posted by shedevilang View Post
    (Replying to MontanaMama) This is some of the smartest shit I ever read

Yep. I think it would be wise to throw him under the train. Not that it changes things at this point.

Thread Information