Page 29 of 45 FirstFirst ... 1925262728293031323339 ... LastLast
Like Tree526Likes

Thread: Butter-loving Paula Deen: I Have Type 2 Diabetes/Racism

Ditto here. Thank goodness we don't all live in the same area, lol.
    "Schadenfreude, hard to spell, easy to feel." ~VenusinFauxFurs

"Scoffing is one of my main hobbies!" ~Trixie

A have a few of her pans and like them so I'll be looking too. I must admit though, my favorite recent cookware purchases are from Rachael Ray. The lasgna pan is great for many foods.

shedevilang likes this.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

I may be the only person who doesn't have celebrity endorsed cookware.
    As Canadian as possible under the circumstances

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"What's traitors, precious?" -- President Gollum

Interesting "Open Letter To Paula Dean" from an African American Food Writer. The article is looong, but makes some interesting points re. US racism in general and how Paula Dean seems to have become a scape goat. Here's an excerpt:

To be part of the national surprise towards you saying the word “nigger” in the past (I am a cultural and culinary historian and so therefore I am using the word within context…) is at best naďve and at worst, an attempt to hide the pervasiveness of racism, specifically anti-Black racism in certain currents of American culture—not just Southern. Take for example the completely un-Christian and inhuman rage at Cheerios for their simple and very American ad showing a beautiful biracial girl talking to her white mother and pouring cereal on the chest of her Black father. That Cheerio’s had to shut down the comments section says that the idea of inter-human relationships outside of one’s color bracket is for many hiding behind a computer screen—a sign of the apocalypse. So just like those old spaghetti sauce ads, yes, America, racism—“it’s in there” even when we were prefer it not be.
    An Open Letter to Paula Deen | Afroculinaria
    sluce likes this.
    'I had to get rid of the kid. The cat was allergic.'

Quote Originally Posted by twitchy2.0 View Post

I don't either. I feel so inadequate.

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

You are both failures at life. I am sad for you.
    Mel1973, twitchy2.0 and nana51 like this.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

Quote Originally Posted by twitchy2.0 View Post
    I don't - endorsed things make me instantly wary
    If i hear one more personal attack, i will type while drunk, then you can cry! - Bugdoll
    (716): I'd call her a cunt, but she doesn't seem to have the depth or warmth
    Quote Originally Posted by shedevilang View Post
    (Replying to MontanaMama) This is some of the smartest shit I ever read

Ladies, if Wal-Mart runs low you can now swing over to Target and get her shit at a fire sale price there too.

Paula Deen
    Target's Dropping Me Too!

Exclusive

Paula Deen's in the crosshairs at Target -- with the retail chain telling TMZ they will NOT continue to do business with the chef in the wake of her N-word scandal.

FYI -- Target offers a variety of Paula Deen cookware ... including pots, pans and skillets.

A rep for Target tells TMZ ... "We have made a decision to phase out the Paula Deen merchandise in our stores as well as on Target.com. Once the merchandise is sold out, we will not be replenishing inventory."

Meanwhile, Puma has yet to drop Aaron Hernandez. Just sayin ...
    Read more: Paula Deen -- Target's Dropping Me Too! | TMZ.com
    “What are you looking at, sugar-tits?” - Mel Gibson

Quote Originally Posted by MrsDark View Post
    I have a bargain-hunter facebook friend who can't wait for the Paula Deen cookware to go on sale.
    Send her to Target as they're dropping Paula & her cookware will go on sale:

PAULA DEEN
    Target's Dropping Me Too!

EXCLUSIVE

Paula Deen's in the crosshairs at Target -- with the retail chain telling TMZ they will NOT continue to do business with the chef in the wake of her N-word scandal.

FYI -- Target offers a variety of Paula Deen cookware ... including pots, pans and skillets.

A rep for Target tells TMZ ... "We have made a decision to phase out the Paula Deen merchandise in our stores as well as on Target.com. Once the merchandise is sold out, we will not be replenishing inventory."

Read more: Paula Deen -- Target's Dropping Me Too! | TMZ.com
    Visit Fishwrapper: http://www.fishwrapper.com

I don't either, but I'd take them for free.
    witchcurlgirl likes this.
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

She's now been dropped by Caesars Entertainment Corporation, Home Depot and the 'beetus drug company too.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I don't have any celebrity endorsed crap either. A lot of it is Made in China and low quality. But so is most of the non-celebrity endorsed stuff.
    'I had to get rid of the kid. The cat was allergic.'

Paula Deen cookbook surges to No. 1 on Amazon amid controversy

Scott Stump
    TODAY

Embroiled in a controversy over her use of racial slurs, celebrity chef Paula Deen has seen the sales of her upcoming cookbook skyrocket.

Several companies have already terminated or suspended business relationships with Paula Deen in the controversy over her use of racial slurs, yet sales of the celebrity chef’s upcoming cookbook have skyrocketed.

Dean’s latest book, “Paula Deen’s New Testament: 250 Favorite Recipes, All Lightened Up,” has jumped all the way to No. 1 on Amazon’s best-seller’s list and No. 7 on the Barnes & Noble Top 100 in advance of its scheduled release. The book, published by Random House, is still scheduled to be released on Oct. 15, according to Random House spokesman Stuart Applebaum.

“We continue to monitor the situation closely,’’ Applebaum said in a statement to TODAY.com.

The surge in sales comes at a time when Deen has already been dropped by the Food Network, Smithfield Foods, Home Depot, Wal-Mart, Caesars Entertainment and most recently, Target, which announced Thursday that it will phase out the Paula Deen merchandise in its stores as well as on Target.com. Also on Thursday, Novo Nordisk, the maker of diabetes drug Victoza, announced that the company and Deen have mutually agreed to suspend their patient education activities "while she takes time to focus her attention where it is needed."

"Novo Nordisk would like to acknowledge Paula’s involvement in our 'Diabetes in a New Light' campaign, where she has helped make many people aware of type 2 diabetes and the lifestyle changes needed to control this serious disease,'' the company said in a statement Thursday.

The increase in book sales is the latest sign of support from her fans amid the controversy. It’s clear they are ordering her new book for more than just tasty recipes.

“I don't normally buy items for a political statement but this time I have,’’ one Amazon reviewer wrote. “Paula has freedom of speech and I have the power of the buck. Today I bought this book AND a box of Cheerios (in support of their ad that contains a mixed race marriage). Time for American [sic] to grow up beyond the age of ten years old, get over the political correctness crap and get on with life.”

“Like the last reviewer I have purchased this book in support of Paula Deen, who has been made a scapegoat by the American public,’’ wrote another reviewer. "What really gets me is the hypocrisy behind it all! We've all made mistakes, stuck our foot in our mouths, said things we wished we hadn't, wishing we'd lived up to our better selves. I don't care if she is a public figure, she's human for God's sake!”

“Political correctness is just tyranny with manners,’’ another reviewer posted. “I'm glad her book sales soared 1300%. Where are the rappers being scrutinized for using the N word? They use it in every song, no matter what color they are, and face ZERO repercussions. It doesn't matter where you use it, saying it is bad in ANY case. The double-standard is entirely obvious, and plain wrong.”

In an emotional interview on TODAY Wednesday, Dean said she is not a racist, that she does not agree with the Food Network’s decision to terminate her contract, and that she was unsure whether the N-word was offensive to black people.

The fallout began with a legal deposition on May 17 that went public early last week in which she admitted to using the N-word and considered throwing a “plantation-style” wedding. She failed to appear for a scheduled interview on TODAY on June 21, then issued a series of apology videos on YouTube the same day.
    Paula Deen cookbook surges to No. 1 on Amazon amid controversy - TODAY.com
    “What are you looking at, sugar-tits?” - Mel Gibson

Yeah, this is tricky. I mean, on one hand: what she said (even IF it was in the 60's) was wrong. On the other: how much should SHE be punished for using a racial slur?
    sluce likes this.
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(•_•)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

She deserves to be punished for having her creepy grinning mug plastered all over mag covers in the checkout.

Thread Information