Page 26 of 45 FirstFirst ... 1622232425262728293036 ... LastLast
Like Tree526Likes

Thread: Butter-loving Paula Deen: I Have Type 2 Diabetes/Racism

Paula Deen's Sons Say It's 'Simply Baloney' to Call Her a Racist

Jamie and Bobby Deen, also known as Paula Deen's children, are the "fun-loving" sons who operate her Savannah, Georgia restaurant The Lady & Sons. This morning they went on CNN's New Day to defend their mother from being a complete and total racist. For those who weren't avid watchers of their short-lived Food Network show Road Tasted, the appearance was an informative 3 minutes and 17 seconds.

Some highlights:

Bobby

Bio: One of People's Sexiest Bachelors for 2006. "She has to be sweet. ... I don't usually date girls I wouldn't bring home to Mama." He's off the market now, sorry ladies.

• "That's simply not true."
    • "It broke her heart to have to answer truthfully."
    • "We were raised in a family of love and faith in a house that God lived."
    • "Frankly I'm disgusted by the entire thing because it began as extortion and it has become character assassination." (One of the few actual references to the allegations being pegged against her in court and not just the terrible things she's said.)

Jamie
    Bio: Enjoys hashtagging words like #truth and #pray. He once had a beautiful mullet.

• Tells a story about his parents encouraging him to love Hank Aaron, a black baseball player: "the challenges (Aaron) had to overcome because of his color was unacceptable."
    • Denies the truth of Paula's own testimony when she said she had taught her children that there are acceptable uses of the N word.
    • "This is ridiculous. It's completely absurd to think that there's an environment of racism in our business." (Second reference to the basis of the lawsuit.)
    • "Simply baloney."

well,of course that's what they'd say. what else could they say? mom's a big old butter fried racist?

love how they throw the 'house that God lived in' bullshit in.

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

Denial ain't just a big ass river in Egypt.
    BITTER and C_is_for_Cookie like this.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

I'd expect them to defend her. They've built their careers off of hers and will take a hit because of this.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

I have to visit with my Paula Deen loving stepmother this weekend. At least she has some new material beyond her Obama diatribes... which are based on deep thoughts such as "I just don't like him". And "I can't trust him, he's Muslim". Fergodsakes woman- you know, I know, WE ALL KNOW the deal. When I call her out she is horrified that I would make such assumptions about her and advises me I've become- since leaving that shithole 20 yrs ago- an city slicker elitist snob who sends my kid to public schools only so I can lord my martyrdom over the country folk. (Yeah ok)

Maybe this rant isn't totally germane but I can see my SM's defensiveness so clearly in Paula's half baked mea culpa vids.

The Neelys have spoken:

The Neelys Weigh in on Paula Deen Controversy | ETonline.com

In a joint statement to ETonline, the Down Home With the Neelys stars reveal that they were unhappy to learn about Deen's behavior, but have faith that she will emerge from this controversy a better person.

"We were shocked and saddened to learn of the comments from Paula Deen. Racism of any kind from anyone is simply unacceptable and cannot be tolerated," said the couple.

"In our own relationship, Paula has shown us kindness and generosity. We trust that Paula's apologies are sincere and hope there is a positive lesson to be learned from this situation."
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

Hats off to the Neelys, that's about the perfect statement.
    sluce, OrangeSlice, McJag and 4 others like this.
    If i hear one more personal attack, i will type while drunk, then you can cry! - Bugdoll
    (716): I'd call her a cunt, but she doesn't seem to have the depth or warmth
    Quote Originally Posted by shedevilang View Post
    (Replying to MontanaMama) This is some of the smartest shit I ever read

Elite Member

I think that's totally germane, needsmeds. It reminds me of my favorite contractor, great guy in so many ways. Then he tells me one day that white men suffer more racism than any group in the country. What do you do???? He's not family so I can't yell at him.
    needmeds likes this.
    CHILLY FREE!
    i have to zero the contain to your level -bugdoll
    you can't even be ogirinal - Mary

I'm planning on reading more details from the deposition. Seems there is a whole hell of a lot more to this story than what the media is reporting, and it is a hell of a lot more than just "Deen had said some racial slurs many years ago."

I saw this on another website:

Omg! This is like my new daytime drama. Ok so I've read Lisa T. Jackson's complaint, Paula Deen's deposition, and I'm now reading Lisa Jackson's deposition. The shit that went down at Deen inc. was inexcusable. Any company that does business with these vile people is not even getting a snotty Kleenex from me.

The thing that lead me to read Lisa's deposition was an article that took quotes out of her deposition making it seem like Paula never used racist terms. Because the intial sentence started in midsentence i read the shit myself. the media are ome sneaky mofos. They conveniently cut out key information. (Page 228 of Jackson's deposition).

I haven't read Jackson's whole deposition but here are a few cliff notes:
    Lisa Jackson was married to an ophthalmologist and divorced him and then came out as a lesbian. Her partner has biracial nieces and nephew who lived with them for a year.

Bubba Heirs had a black employee he called boy and the man called him master. There was a raccoon trapper and Bubba offered him $10/hr to take the ***** out the kitchen.

The incident where Bubba Heirs physically assaulted a worker named Willie was initiated because of the firing of the only white kitchen worker Michael comers. Apparently Comers made a racial, sexual comment to a female worker. He admitted to calling the woman a black monkey, something about being a lesbian, and something else that was so offensive Heir's lawyer couldn't even say out loud. Bubba reluctantly fired the white guy. Willie and other workers were a witnesses when Comers made the comments. It's not exactly clear why Heirs attacked Willie but apparently it was scary. Some workers wouldn't go into Bubbas office because they were scared.

Basically the ruled these people on fear and racism. Bubba insisted on separate bathrooms for black workers because that was Paula's rules.

Another employee named Jamie who is nonblack was fired for calling Paula out for being racist.

The lawyers in this case are going at it and seem a bit ratchet too. In one part they are going back and forth with each other. One telling the other not to tell him what to object to and this wasn't their first time at the rodeo. Heirs and his lawyer apparently cornered a black worker and tried to get him to sign papers. Black workers had strict instructions not to speak to Jackson or her lawyer after she left.

And....I still have 50 pages left to read of Lisa Jackson's deposition.
    Link to the deposition: VIEW: 281-page deposition and court documents filed in suit against Paula Deen | savannahnow.com

Seems as if Bubba was a major part of the hostile work environment at hand.

And as a black man who has lived in the South for almost 20 years, I can't really say that one region is more racist than another. I've had more dirty/funny looks towards me from more white midwesterners (particularly from Missouri and many parts of Illinois and Michigan) than I have southerners (and have met great people from said states too), but Idaho and Arizona have their reputations, and I've heard experiences from people who had to deal with crap in Boston and NYC. In other words, assholes are all over the place.

I'd say a lot of southerners who are racist are a lot more open and honest about it than people from other parts of the country, which is fine by me, so I know to keep my distance from people like that.

Hustle? Will you give up this gay phase and marry me?
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

I experienced as much racism in California as I have in Mississippi and Florida.
    hustle4alivin, czb and KrisNine like this.
    Good luck getting a cat to do anything let alone join in on your sexcapades. - Air Quotes

Quote Originally Posted by McJag View Post
    Hustle? Will you give up this gay phase and marry me?
    I hope he plans on being polygamous if he does.
    "Schadenfreude, hard to spell, easy to feel." ~VenusinFauxFurs

"Scoffing is one of my main hobbies!" ~Trixie

But can you imagine the expression on his mother's face if he walked in and announced he was marryin a white woman near 'bout the same age as Mama?? I'm thinking she would change her vote to gay real fast!

Not tht I'm saying how old I am,but could be...
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Quote Originally Posted by McJag View Post
    But can you imagine the expression on his mother's face if he walked in and announced he was marryin a white woman near 'bout the same age as Mama?? I'm thinking she would change her vote to gay real fast!

Not tht I'm saying how old I am,but could be...

LMAO...Well, my mom is actually pretty indifferent on interracial dating/marriage, surprisingly enough. I guess that was from years of living in California and seeing and knowing interracial couples... I remember for years she would say that she could easily see me dating outside of my race. I guess she didn't envision if they'd be of the same gender though. The age difference, I don't know...ROFL...
    McJag likes this.

DAP

Just perfect.
    nana51 and dilligaf like this.

I don't know how to embed a video.

African American Cooking with Paula Deen - YouTube

Thread Information