Page 25 of 45 FirstFirst ... 1521222324252627282935 ... LastLast
Like Tree526Likes

Thread: Butter-loving Paula Deen: I Have Type 2 Diabetes/Racism

sucking on a blow pop and playing with electrodes

Quote Originally Posted by shedevilang View Post
    Not all southerners consider themselves rednecks so it's not offensive to me you jackass lol
    Your lack of butt hurtness totally kills your southern cred.

I have a complete lack of reading comprehension skillz (the Texan in me, wooooooooooooo, go Rick Perry takin' over my uterus and what not! wooooooooooooooo Sea Fair!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) so I missed the offensive shit...this is where I offend Southerners and Rednecks by saying "well, I consider myself Texan and obviously better than all yall sooooooooooo, I'll just leave that right there" Just kidding says the twat in Seattle...

I've been crying over Paula Deen since I watched her crazy ass drink melted butter and make a ginormous lasagna sandwich, she's not a fucking flag for the southern U.S.A. and to think she is insulting as fuck. Get that shit off the air, hopefully that solves .0333% of the obesity problem, jfc.
    McJag, shedevilang and MontanaMama like this.
    KILLING ME WON'T BRING BACK YOUR GOD DAMNED HONEY!!!!!!!!!!

Come on, let's have lots of drinks.

Fuck you all, I'm going viral.

I suppose this is no time to point out there were fat people before Food Network?
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Paula Deen Paid One Of Her Black Employees In Beer

June 24, 2013 / Posted by: Michael K

And Paula Deen’s public transformation into Miss Millie from The Color Purple continues. Sheldon J. Ervin was an oyster cook at Bubba’s Oyster House for 2 years starting in 2008 and he filed an Equal Employment Opportunity & Diversity complaint against Paula Deen and her brother Bubba, because he claims he was forced to work private events and he wasn’t paid with cash. He was paid with beer. Paula is totally like that friend who gives you a six pack of Pabst to help them move. Only Paula will make you wear a white suit and tap dance while doing so.

Sheldon tells Radar that he and other employees regularly worked private events at Paula’s mansion in Savannah and she rarely paid them with cash. Sheldon says that the Baroness of Butter’s white master dream of seeing an event where black men serve guests while wearing white suits came true several times. Sheldon says that Paula threw a graduation party for someone once and made him and other black employees wear a white chef jacket and black pants. If they didn’t own a white chef jacket, Paula’s people gave them money to go out and buy one. Sheldon said:

“I didn’t want to wear it because it was burning hot outside, but Miss Paula insisted. Paula had us all stationed at a few shady spots in the yard. She wanted us all to stay in one spot. We weren’t allowed to move. They didn’t want us to interact or anything. They just wanted us to sit there and serve everyone and not say anything. Paula and Bubba just gave us beer and alcohol and I don’t even drink. She knew I had just gotten married. I had a baby on the way. I needed the money and I was the only one to step up and complain over it because half of the kitchen just needed their jobs. I was fired over it in the end because I’m not afraid to speak my mind.
    I’m so happy that this has finally come. I’ve been waiting for this day for a long time.”
    If that isn’t enough lard-based fuckery to clog up your arteries, The Atlanta Journal-Constitution says that one of her former black employees claims that she always referred to them as her little monkey.”

Since Paula bailed on Today last week, she’s going to make it up to them this Wednesday by talking to Matt Lauer about getting dropped by The Food Network. Of course they’d let Matt Lauer’s easy ass interview her. I wish they’d just drop her in the middle of Al Roker and Tamron Hall and let them stare her down for an hour straight.

When it rains buttery racism, it pours buttery racism. I have a feeling this is only the beginning. But I am surprised that Paula Deen paid them with beer and alcohol. You’d think Paula would pay them with Kool-Aid and malt liquor. And I bet she paid her white employees with her currency of choice: butter.

Tags: I Can't With You, I Don't Like Jokes, MESS!, Paula Deen, Please Report To The Devil's Office

Dlisted | Paula Deen Paid One Of Her Black Employees In Beer
    "This is not meant to be at all offensive: You suffer from diarrhea of the mouth but constipation of the brain." - McJag

Quote Originally Posted by needmeds View Post
    Smithfield Foods drops Paula Deen
    Hits to celebrity Southern chef continuing after racial slur controversy

Staff and wire report
    2:05 p.m. CDT, June 24, 2013

Smithfield Foods, the world's largest pork producer, said Monday it has dropped Paula Deen as its spokeswoman after the Southern chef admitted she had previously used racial slurs.

The company said in a statement it "condemns the use of offensive and discriminatory language and behavior of any kind."

The Food Network announced on Friday that it would not renew its contract with the celebrity chef, due to expire this month. And other sponsorships are also in question.

Deen is set to appear on NBC-TV's “Today” show on Wednesday after canceling a scheduled interview last week.

The program's anchor, Matt Lauer, said on Monday's show that Deen “told us she will be here this time.”

Deen, who withdrew from an interview on June 21, tweeted, “See you Wednesday, I am so glad Matt, Al and my friends at @TodayShow are bringing me back.”

The program did not say if Deen would address the controversy.

Deen, 66, apologized in videos posted online for using a racial slur, but Food Network later said it would not renew the Southern chef's contract when it expired at the end of June.

The controversy surrounding Deen began last week when a deposition taken as part of a lawsuit was released in which Deen, who is white, was asked if she had used the “N-word,” and responded, “Yes, of course.”

Deen, who has built a business empire based on high-calorie and fried Southern food, with cookbooks, restaurants and kitchen supplies, made the comments in a deposition related to a racial and sexual discrimination lawsuit filed by a former employee.

The former employee of Paula Deen Enterprises, Lisa Jackson, is suing Deen and her brother, Earl “Bubba” Hiers, over allegations that while discussing plans for Hiers' 2007 wedding, Deen said she wanted a “true southern plantation-style wedding.”

Jackson said that Deen used the slur in the discussion describing how she wanted an all-black wait staff for the party dressed in “long-sleeve white shirts, black shorts and black bow ties, you know in the Shirley Temple days, they used to tap dance around,” she said, according to the lawsuit.

Copyright © 2013 Chicago Tribune Company, LLC

Chicago Tribune

looks like the Smithfield endorsement was worth about a mil in 2010.
    1. She is going to HAVE to address this shit. What else, at this point, would be the purpose of doing the Today show?
    2. Paula has denied saying the "N" word in 2007. She said she wanted "a true Southern Plantation wedding" or some such shit - which is BAAAAD but I'm not sure it's as bad as saying the "n" word... although, it is the same sentiment.
    Quote Originally Posted by twitchy2.0 View Post
    The line at Deen’s restaurant in Savannah, Ga., The Lady and Sons, was out the door Saturday morning as local residents showed their support, as shown in a photo published in The New York Times.
    Dylan Wilson / The New York Times via Redux
    On Saturday, patrons waited in line outside The Lady and Sons, Paula Deen's restaurant in Savannah, Ga.

Sooo much 'beetus.
    Good lord!
    Quote Originally Posted by tulip View Post
    My sister is so appalled by this whole Paula Deen thing. I think it is wrong, but I'm not really that shocked or surprised. I agree with the poster that thinks that she probably doesn't think she is racist. That whole guy in front of the wall thing was probably her way of being cute. She's really wrong -- but I can see her justifying it that way. She is losing endorsements, her tv gig, etc. which isn't surprising either. This will really dent her, but I don't think it will totally break her. A lot of people with let this blow over and then grab a stick of butter and cook with Paula.

Anyway, my sister is completely aghast at the whole thing. She was saying that she won't purchase anything that Paula supports anymore. I threw in that she shouldn't make Paula Deen's biscuit recipe anymore (which is the most god-awful recipe for biscuits EVER and my sister loves them but everyone in the family HATES them and doesn't have the nerve to tell her) -- but she said that they were just too good to not make again -- even because of this. Oh well, I tried.
    Ok, let me say that I haven't watched any of these videos out there. If she's saying these things, then YES - get her off my tv and everything else. It cracks me up about your sister. These people on tv are just like every other asshole out there... your poor sister! Paula Deen on a pedestal!
    Quote Originally Posted by SHELLEE View Post
    I wish that Nike would take that kind of stance with Michael Vick.
    Exactly! I agree with Levin about the non-stance these companies take with athletes!
    Quote Originally Posted by AgentOrange View Post
    Some of the Southerners on the board have been getting (understandably) defensive - what with being told that they live in the most racist part of America, and you know there are a lot of other negative stereotypes about the south. Is more stereotyping really helpful?

I'm boycotting Boston Pizza in protest, but totally subscribing to their youtube channel! In their defense I'm sure that they were 'just ribbin'.
    Oh good lord. I wish I knew people like that in your video... no, I don't actually. "ribnecks", hmm.
    Quote Originally Posted by Just Kill Me View Post

I have a complete lack of reading comprehension skillz (the Texan in me, wooooooooooooo, go Rick Perry takin' over my uterus and what not! wooooooooooooooo Sea Fair!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) so I missed the offensive shit...this is where I offend Southerners and Rednecks by saying "well, I consider myself Texan and obviously better than all yall sooooooooooo, I'll just leave that right there" Just kidding says the twat in Seattle...

I've been crying over Paula Deen since I watched her crazy ass drink melted butter and make a ginormous lasagna sandwich, she's not a fucking flag for the southern U.S.A. and to think she is insulting as fuck. Get that shit off the air, hopefully that solves .0333% of the obesity problem, jfc.
    Paula is disgusting with the butter lovin' - no doubt about that. At this point, I'm not sure what good solving .0333% of the obesity problem is going to do.
    Quote Originally Posted by McJag View Post
    I suppose this is no time to point out there were fat people before Food Network?
    Of course there were... and there will be fat people once all of this dies down.

ETA: I wonder if Paula will be kept on as producer of "Down Home with the Neely's"...
    With her net worth being around 17 million, this is going to hit her in her pocket - already has, actually. I wonder how long Bobby's show will continue without Mama there to wipe his little nose with her apron strings...
    And AGAIN: The guy who fucking says he was "paid in beer", why the fuck were you just WAITING? Why not do something when this shit happened? WTF is wrong with people?
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(•_•)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

Quote Originally Posted by Just Kill Me View Post

Don't make me fly to Seattle to kick you in your twat lol
    Silly bitches, twitchy links are NOT for kids!-Mel

Quote Originally Posted by twitchy2.0 View Post
    The line at Deen’s restaurant in Savannah, Ga., The Lady and Sons, was out the door Saturday morning as local residents showed their support, as shown in a photo published in The New York Times.
    Dylan Wilson / The New York Times via Redux
    On Saturday, patrons waited in line outside The Lady and Sons, Paula Deen's restaurant in Savannah, Ga.

Sooo much 'beetus.

I doubt highly this is the locals. It is the hounds of beetus ridden tourists that will wait hours to eat what I can cook in my kitchen much cheaper.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

^When my mother and her friends were there they had to get their names on a list for dinner, then stand across the street waiting for them to come outside and ring the dinner bell. Then you were allowed to cross the street and get in line for a table.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

Yeah I've heard it is crazy. I'm not sure if there is any restaurant I'd do that for.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

I'm absolutely positive there is no restaurant that would get me to do some dumb shit like that....
    unless it was Amy's Baking Company... MAYBE
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    П(•_•)П

Paid in beer. I wish a motherfucker would try that shit.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

And the poor guy doesn't even fucking drink ffs.
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

I would never agree to work a job without asking how much I will be paid. Some of the fault is his own.
    shedevilang likes this.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

Quote Originally Posted by gas_chick View Post
    It is the hounds of beetus
    I bet Paula called her publicist and said "Release the Hounds Of Beetus!".
    dilligaf likes this.
    "Shopping tip: You can get shoes for a buck at the bowling alley."

Quote Originally Posted by greysfang View Post
    Paid in beer. I wish a motherfucker would try that shit.
    IF someone wants to pay me in beer, they better brang in the BIG 18 wheelers 'cause mama ain't working for a fucking CASE!
    shedevilang likes this.
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    П(•_•)П

czb

Quote Originally Posted by sluce View Post
    I would never agree to work a job without asking how much I will be paid. Some of the fault is his own.
    maybe. but he makes it sound like they were 'forced' to work the event. to me, 'forced' means if you don't do it, you don't get to keep your job. we don't have a lot of details. . . .
    chartreuse likes this.

Thread Information