Page 24 of 45 FirstFirst ... 1420212223242526272834 ... LastLast
Like Tree526Likes

Thread: Butter-loving Paula Deen: I Have Type 2 Diabetes/Racism

Smithfield Foods drops Paula Deen
    Hits to celebrity Southern chef continuing after racial slur controversy

Staff and wire report
    2:05 p.m. CDT, June 24, 2013

Smithfield Foods, the world's largest pork producer, said Monday it has dropped Paula Deen as its spokeswoman after the Southern chef admitted she had previously used racial slurs.

The company said in a statement it "condemns the use of offensive and discriminatory language and behavior of any kind."

The Food Network announced on Friday that it would not renew its contract with the celebrity chef, due to expire this month. And other sponsorships are also in question.

Deen is set to appear on NBC-TV's “Today” show on Wednesday after canceling a scheduled interview last week.

The program's anchor, Matt Lauer, said on Monday's show that Deen “told us she will be here this time.”

Deen, who withdrew from an interview on June 21, tweeted, “See you Wednesday, I am so glad Matt, Al and my friends at @TodayShow are bringing me back.”

The program did not say if Deen would address the controversy.

Deen, 66, apologized in videos posted online for using a racial slur, but Food Network later said it would not renew the Southern chef's contract when it expired at the end of June.

The controversy surrounding Deen began last week when a deposition taken as part of a lawsuit was released in which Deen, who is white, was asked if she had used the “N-word,” and responded, “Yes, of course.”

Deen, who has built a business empire based on high-calorie and fried Southern food, with cookbooks, restaurants and kitchen supplies, made the comments in a deposition related to a racial and sexual discrimination lawsuit filed by a former employee.

The former employee of Paula Deen Enterprises, Lisa Jackson, is suing Deen and her brother, Earl “Bubba” Hiers, over allegations that while discussing plans for Hiers' 2007 wedding, Deen said she wanted a “true southern plantation-style wedding.”

Jackson said that Deen used the slur in the discussion describing how she wanted an all-black wait staff for the party dressed in “long-sleeve white shirts, black shorts and black bow ties, you know in the Shirley Temple days, they used to tap dance around,” she said, according to the lawsuit.

Copyright © 2013 Chicago Tribune Company, LLC

Chicago Tribune

looks like the Smithfield endorsement was worth about a mil in 2010.

The line at Deen’s restaurant in Savannah, Ga., The Lady and Sons, was out the door Saturday morning as local residents showed their support, as shown in a photo published in The New York Times.
    Dylan Wilson / The New York Times via Redux
    On Saturday, patrons waited in line outside The Lady and Sons, Paula Deen's restaurant in Savannah, Ga.

Sooo much 'beetus.
    As Canadian as possible under the circumstances

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"What's traitors, precious?" -- President Gollum

^^LOL!! So very much 'beetus!!

those are some capital A asses.

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

Dear God.

"Shopping tip: You can get shoes for a buck at the bowling alley."

Elite Member

My sister is so appalled by this whole Paula Deen thing. I think it is wrong, but I'm not really that shocked or surprised. I agree with the poster that thinks that she probably doesn't think she is racist. That whole guy in front of the wall thing was probably her way of being cute. She's really wrong -- but I can see her justifying it that way. She is losing endorsements, her tv gig, etc. which isn't surprising either. This will really dent her, but I don't think it will totally break her. A lot of people with let this blow over and then grab a stick of butter and cook with Paula.

Anyway, my sister is completely aghast at the whole thing. She was saying that she won't purchase anything that Paula supports anymore. I threw in that she shouldn't make Paula Deen's biscuit recipe anymore (which is the most god-awful recipe for biscuits EVER and my sister loves them but everyone in the family HATES them and doesn't have the nerve to tell her) -- but she said that they were just too good to not make again -- even because of this. Oh well, I tried.

I wish that Nike would take that kind of stance with Michael Vick.
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

Quote Originally Posted by tulip View Post
    Paula Deen's biscuit recipe
    -start with two cups of white flour
    -add one cup of a sense of racial superiority
    -do not mix
    As Canadian as possible under the circumstances

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"What's traitors, precious?" -- President Gollum

Quote Originally Posted by twitchy2.0 View Post
    The line at Deen’s restaurant in Savannah, Ga., The Lady and Sons, was out the door Saturday morning as local residents showed their support, as shown in a photo published in The New York Times.
    On Saturday, patrons waited in line outside The Lady and Sons, Paula Deen's restaurant in Savannah, Ga.

Sooo much 'beetus.
    Was Walmart closed? This is truly icky.
    Brookie, SHELLEE, nana51 and 1 others like this.

"A massive penis means never having to say you're sorry". Mo

-start with two cups of white flour
    -add one cup of a sense of racial superiority
    -do not mix
    You forgot one ingredient

needmeds, twitchy2.0 and SHELLEE like this.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

Some of the Southerners on the board have been getting (understandably) defensive - what with being told that they live in the most racist part of America, and you know there are a lot of other negative stereotypes about the south. Is more stereotyping really helpful?

I'm boycotting Boston Pizza in protest, but totally subscribing to their youtube channel! In their defense I'm sure that they were 'just ribbin'.
    Last edited by AgentOrange; June 24th, 2013 at 07:59 PM.

Not all southerners consider themselves rednecks so it's not offensive to me you jackass lol
    Just Kill Me and gas_chick like this.
    Silly bitches, twitchy links are NOT for kids!-Mel

I grew up in the South and find that pretty dang funny.
    "Shopping tip: You can get shoes for a buck at the bowling alley."

Sooo much 'beetus.
    Jeez, I hope they reinforced the chairs and the floors.

And the subfloors and the earth.
    Bombshell and Tati like this.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Quote Originally Posted by greysfang View Post
    Jeez, I hope they reinforced the chairs and the floors.

And the subfloors and the earth.
    Yet we wonder what causes earthquakes.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Thread Information