Page 23 of 45 FirstFirst ... 1319202122232425262733 ... LastLast
Like Tree526Likes

Thread: Butter-loving Paula Deen: I Have Type 2 Diabetes/Racism

I don't think anyone is trying to give her a "pass". I think the question should be: what shall the punishment be?
    Show not picked up - CHECK.
    Being sued by former employee for 1.2 M - CHECK.

What else should her punishment be for using a racially derogatory word (according to HER - decades ago)?
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(•_•)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

Nothing, that'll do it
    If i hear one more personal attack, i will type while drunk, then you can cry! - Bugdoll
    (716): I'd call her a cunt, but she doesn't seem to have the depth or warmth
    Quote Originally Posted by shedevilang View Post
    (Replying to MontanaMama) This is some of the smartest shit I ever read

Quote Originally Posted by SillyME54 View Post
    ^what the fuck ever! Bitch knows that word is wrong! She's had decades to realize that people can't just throw that word around anymore. And besides, this isn't just about a slip of the tongue, she actually goes into detail about how she wants to recreate an experience from an oppressive era in American history. She also acknowledges that what she wants is wrong and that she can't actually do it because ppl will be on her ass. People need to stop trying to give her a pass.
    Bitch hasn't USED that word since the 1960's. It is not something she throws around daily,unlike some rappers or spotsplayers.
    Apparently, she has to be drawn & quartered.
    Nobody is defending her and she sure as hell isn't beog given a pass.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

How do you know she hasn't used the word since the sixties?
    SillyME54 likes this.
    As Canadian as possible under the circumstances

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"What's traitors, precious?" -- President Gollum

Quote Originally Posted by Mel1973 View Post

Yeah, I can't remember who was telling me but.... mine and Shedevil's great, great grandfather was supposedly killed because he whistled at a white woman - and he was a native american/injun. it's an ugly and violent part of history.. and a not too damn distant (at all) future.. in fact, a lot of it is still going on.
    My Dad told me that and I still haven't found anything else out I need to do more digging

Quote Originally Posted by sluce View Post
    I am getting so lost in this story.

When did she use the N word?

When was the dinner served by "slaves"?
    damn I'm glad I'm not the only one

Quote Originally Posted by nana51 View Post
    I know, I know. Of course everyone from the south isn't racist. I was there in the 60's coming from Canada and it sure seemed like it. I took away a really bad taste of the south because of it. Thinking all southerners are racist is a racist thought. Sorry.

I also do not like the fact that people assume because of her age she should be excused. Forget that! I'm very close to her age and have always known that is not a word you use. I remember when we were in the south in the 60's when I was only 11, being disgusted with the way blacks were treated. The houses and shacks they lived in, the segregation they had to tolerate. It has made it hard for me to want to go back. I know racism is everywhere, I guess it was just so overt there it was shocking.
    Yeah most of us have grown a bit in the past 50 damn years(some of us weren't even born then). Yes it is racist and we should just forgive you because you said sorry mmmmmmmmm isn't that the same thing Ms. Deen is saying(and hell no I ain't on her side just making a damn point)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mel1973 View Post
    1. Not every black in the south is poor. they don't all live in shacks.
    2. Nobody is excusing her because of her age. There seems to be a question about WHEN she used the "N" word. She says she used it back in the 60's (the era - not her age)
    3. If you don't want to go back to the south, then DON'T.
    4. Believe it or not, in 50 fucking years, there have been some changes. Why, I've heard we let black folk drink out of our fountains, vote, join the army and own homes that aren't shacks.

LOL, I'd watch that shit!

exactly.

and that person is? is it the person suing her?
    motherfucking vouch and all that shit. Damn one crazy old white lady says something stupid and we are all racist fucking hillbillies again
    Silly bitches, twitchy links are NOT for kids!-Mel

"Again"?

*Runs from thread*
    sluce likes this.
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

Hey whore you are in the south too, so you might want to jump on our side(fucking florida lol even the south don't want em)
    czb likes this.
    Silly bitches, twitchy links are NOT for kids!-Mel

Bitch I was the first one to defend the south so shutty!
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

I had some bad experiences of seeing racism when I visited New Orleans and Texas as a child. I was not used to it growing up in the north. It was still here but it wasn't so public. I am well aware that there were many areas of the south that embraced end of segregation, but it was the hot bed of riots and reistance, so it gets a bad rap. While in the south I heard families refer to their domestics as "darkies". Then while staying with friends in NYC I heard them refer to their housekeeper as a "schwarza" and schwarzie". These Yankees were just as rude and wrong. I remember my mother correcting both groups.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

czb

ok - i spent a long time in the south and now i live in what is considered one of the most 'liberal' places in the US. i want to say that while i definitely saw racism while i was in the south, most of the people i met were pretty accepting, probably more than where i live now.

If I had to lay money on it, I'd bet she's used the word since the 60's. Even since the 80's.

I don't think she thinks she's a racist. But that's beside the point.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

Quote Originally Posted by McJag View Post
    Bitch hasn't USED that word since the 1960's. It is not something she throws around daily,unlike some rappers or spotsplayers.
    Apparently, she has to be drawn & quartered.
    Nobody is defending her and she sure as hell isn't beog given a pass.

She admits to saying it within the last few years. 2007 I believe it was.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Elite Member

Even if she hasn't used the word specifically, Paula has said racist things, even on tape, very recently. I really don't get it. I've watched the tapes on HuffPo. Does Paula think she's cute? Commenting that a black crew member disappears in front of a black board, is that some kind of wit?

Suits have been filed against Paula's restaurant in the past, that she chose "darker" African Americans to work in the kitchen and only let lighter African Americans work the front of the house.
    sluce likes this.
    CHILLY FREE!
    i have to zero the contain to your level -bugdoll
    you can't even be ogirinal - Mary

I'm still waiting for her to try to excuse her managled apology on her "blood sugar".
    witchcurlgirl likes this.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

I agree that it would be different if it were just one incident. She has a history here and Harvey at TMZ needs to hire Becky.
    shedevilang and nana51 like this.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

Thread Information