Page 22 of 45 FirstFirst ... 1218192021222324252632 ... LastLast
Results 316 to 330 of 663
Like Tree526Likes

Thread: Butter-loving Paula Deen: I Have Type 2 Diabetes/Racism

  1. #316
    Elite Member McJag's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    42,527

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Just Kill Me View Post
    I was so confused Bitter, seriously, I watched the video 3 times trying to find the racism! Shit ass.
    I still can't get over this,JKM! Three times! No one in the history of the world ever managed to sit through that THREE times! You deserve a medal.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

  2. #317
    Elite Member Brookie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    In the "D"
    Posts
    23,312

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sluce View Post
    I appreciate WCGs creativity. Frozen strips of frozen meat has been so over done. As a tribute to Paula, I say we roast them and then dip them in butter.
    Nah, think of it as ice-age sushi.
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

    - Mark Twain

  3. #318
    Elite Member Just Kill Me's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    sucking on a blow pop and playing with electrodes
    Posts
    15,550

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by McJag View Post
    I still can't get over this,JKM! Three times! No one in the history of the world ever managed to sit through that THREE times! You deserve a medal.
    Paula Deen & Sandra Lee videos are a source of great amusement in the office, but yeah I can only handle it in small doses.
    KILLING ME WON'T BRING BACK YOUR GOD DAMNED HONEY!!!!!!!!!!

    Come on, let's have lots of drinks.

    Fuck you all, I'm going viral.

  4. #319
    Gold Member nana51's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    in Sunny San Diego
    Posts
    1,308

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SHELLEE View Post
    Not everyone from the south is racist, just like not everyone from Florida is crazy and whacked out. Quiet in the peanut gallery, and you know who you are.

    Exactly.
    I know, I know. Of course everyone from the south isn't racist. I was there in the 60's coming from Canada and it sure seemed like it. I took away a really bad taste of the south because of it. Thinking all southerners are racist is a racist thought. Sorry.

    I also do not like the fact that people assume because of her age she should be excused. Forget that! I'm very close to her age and have always known that is not a word you use. I remember when we were in the south in the 60's when I was only 11, being disgusted with the way blacks were treated. The houses and shacks they lived in, the segregation they had to tolerate. It has made it hard for me to want to go back. I know racism is everywhere, I guess it was just so overt there it was shocking.
    Last edited by nana51; June 22nd, 2013 at 04:31 PM.
    Oh, I offended you with my opinion? You should hear the ones I keep to myself.

  5. #320
    Elite Member MsDark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Northwest MS/Memphis TN
    Posts
    28,224

    Default

    nana51 and BITTER like this.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

    "I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

  6. #321
    Elite Member OrangeSlice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Studying with Master Grumpy Cat
    Posts
    10,418

    Default

    ^So, who's going to play Paula in the movie?
    "Schadenfreude, hard to spell, easy to feel." ~VenusinFauxFurs

    "Scoffing is one of my main hobbies!" ~Trixie

  7. #322
    Elite Member Bombshell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    in Delusion
    Posts
    2,615

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BITTER View Post
    An entire ham?
    Yep. And entire ham. The best I could do is the recipe.
    Deep-Fried Ham Recipe : Paula Deen : Recipes : Food Network

    Because when you google "Paula Deen Deep Fried Ham", all the videos that come up are her actually getting hit in the face with a ham at a food bank. Win/Win, really.

    BITTER likes this.
    "Shopping tip: You can get shoes for a buck at the bowling alley."

  8. #323
    Super Moderator twitchy2.0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Milliways
    Posts
    56,827

    Default

    So, I see this:
    Quote Originally Posted by OrangeSlice View Post
    ^So, who's going to play Paula in the movie?
    and right below it, Bombshell is quoting this:
    Quote Originally Posted by BITTER View Post
    An entire ham?
    and naturally I thought of this:


    oh, and I ran across the quote of what she is alleged to have said about the desired wedding instead of just describing what she said.

    "“Well what I would really like is a bunch of little n***ers to wear long-sleeve white shirts, black shorts and black bow ties, you know in the Shirley Temple days, they used to tap dance around. Now, that would be a true Southern wedding wouldn’t it? But we can’t do that because the media would be on me about that.”
    As Canadian as possible under the circumstances

    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


    "What's traitors, precious?" -- President Gollum

  9. #324
    Elite Member McJag's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    42,527

    Default

    That is about the 18th version out there. Not what she said under oath at all.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

  10. #325
    Super Moderator twitchy2.0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Milliways
    Posts
    56,827

    Default

    That one is according to the person she was speaking to.
    As Canadian as possible under the circumstances

    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


    "What's traitors, precious?" -- President Gollum

  11. #326
    Elite Member Mel1973's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Cuntopia
    Posts
    42,972

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nana51 View Post
    I know, I know. Of course everyone from the south isn't racist. I was there in the 60's coming from Canada and it sure seemed like it. I took away a really bad taste of the south because of it. Thinking all southerners are racist is a racist thought. Sorry.

    I also do not like the fact that people assume because of her age she should be excused. Forget that! I'm very close to her age and have always known that is not a word you use. I remember when we were in the south in the 60's when I was only 11, being disgusted with the way blacks were treated. The houses and shacks they lived in, the segregation they had to tolerate. It has made it hard for me to want to go back. I know racism is everywhere, I guess it was just so overt there it was shocking.
    1. Not every black in the south is poor. they don't all live in shacks.
    2. Nobody is excusing her because of her age. There seems to be a question about WHEN she used the "N" word. She says she used it back in the 60's (the era - not her age)
    3. If you don't want to go back to the south, then DON'T.
    4. Believe it or not, in 50 fucking years, there have been some changes. Why, I've heard we let black folk drink out of our fountains, vote, join the army and own homes that aren't shacks.

    Quote Originally Posted by MrsDark View Post
    LOL, I'd watch that shit!
    Quote Originally Posted by McJag View Post
    That is about the 18th version out there. Not what she said under oath at all.
    exactly.
    Quote Originally Posted by twitchy2.0 View Post
    That one is according to the person she was speaking to.
    and that person is? is it the person suing her?
    Butterfly, Bluebonnet and Laurent like this.
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(•_•)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

  12. #327
    Elite Member MontanaMama's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Evading P6 & P7
    Posts
    13,842

    Default

    Mel's protected little misfit list is getting long indeed, and now it's butter flavored.
    If i hear one more personal attack, i will type while drunk, then you can cry! - Bugdoll
    (716): I'd call her a cunt, but she doesn't seem to have the depth or warmth
    Quote Originally Posted by shedevilang View Post
    (Replying to MontanaMama) This is some of the smartest shit I ever read

  13. #328
    Elite Member Mel1973's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Cuntopia
    Posts
    42,972

    Default

    nononononononononoono!!! Paula is not on my list! I do NOT doubt that she said some of this shit. Totally support FN not renewing her contract. My main question on this is ... why the hell did Ms. Jackson continue to fucking work there with this shit going on? Did she only sue AFTER being fired or what? I always gotz to question some motives when money is involved... sorry.
    McJag, Butterfly, tulip and 1 others like this.
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(•_•)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

  14. #329
    Elite Member sluce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Top Secret Spy for Leann Rimes
    Posts
    37,367

    Default

    Harvey from TMZ is weighing in this morning in a series of tweets:

    Harvey Levin ‏@HarveyLevinTMZ 15m I think Paula Deen got screwed. I don't believe she's a racist, a hateful and evil person... she's an old lady who's way behind the times

    Harvey Levin ‏@HarveyLevinTMZ 14m She confessed to using the N word in 1986. She made stupid comments since then. Not everyone goes from 0 to 60 at the same rate

    Harvey Levin ‏@HarveyLevinTMZ 14m When Kobe made homophobic slurs on the court a few months back ... did he get fired? He should have gotten fired ... he learned...

    Harvey Levin ‏@HarveyLevinTMZ 13m what's the difference between Paula and professional athletes who haven't evolved to know it's wrong to use certain words?

    Harvey Levin ‏@HarveyLevinTMZ 13m When I was in law school in Chicago, I knew people who never met a Jew ..they talked about "Jewing someone down" -- they weren't anti-Jew

    Harvey Levin ‏@HarveyLevinTMZ 11m It's interesting what people choose to forgive and what they don't. Athletes get a pass b/c fans don't want them fired...so hypocritical.
    Mel1973, McJag, JazzyGirl and 1 others like this.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

  15. #330
    Elite Member SillyME54's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    3,789

    Default

    ^what the fuck ever! Bitch knows that word is wrong! She's had decades to realize that people can't just throw that word around anymore. And besides, this isn't just about a slip of the tongue, she actually goes into detail about how she wants to recreate an experience from an oppressive era in American history. She also acknowledges that what she wants is wrong and that she can't actually do it because ppl will be on her ass. People need to stop trying to give her a pass.
    chartreuse likes this.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 93
    Last Post: August 23rd, 2011, 01:45 AM
  2. Cure for Type I Diabetes?
    By tkdgirl in forum News
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: August 28th, 2008, 04:06 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •