Page 19 of 45 FirstFirst ... 915161718192021222329 ... LastLast
Results 271 to 285 of 663
Like Tree526Likes

Thread: Butter-loving Paula Deen: I Have Type 2 Diabetes/Racism

  1. #271
    Elite Member KrisNine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Sleepy night night land
    Posts
    23,205

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SHELLEE View Post
    True, but when you're out and about in Miami, it's a total melting pot. Everyone mixing together.
    That is true. I have never experienced so many cultures. Even when I lived in DC, which is a pretty big melting pot.

  2. #272
    Elite Member Mel1973's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Cuntopia
    Posts
    42,972

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kittylady View Post
    Making a guess here. DWB = Driving While Black?
    I was thinking: Dumb White Bitch or Dirty White Bitch....
    Quote Originally Posted by ShimmeringGlow View Post
    I've lived in VA my entire life, but I have to say that I have never experienced overt racism. Now, my grandfather and father used to tell stories about how some of their friends were killed because they dared to have contact with a white woman or how people had their homes burned down because the Klan wanted them out of town. My grandfather used to say that if a black person killed another black person, the only thing they had to do was go to the next county because the cops wouldn't look for them there. If a black person was even accused of killing a white person, they might as well hang themselves on the spot before someone else did.
    Yeah, I can't remember who was telling me but.... mine and Shedevil's great, great grandfather was supposedly killed because he whistled at a white woman - and he was a native american/injun. it's an ugly and violent part of history.. and a not too damn distant (at all) future.. in fact, a lot of it is still going on.
    Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    no offence, but australia's policies and treatment of asylum seekers, is pretty indicative of the racism (and xenophobia) problem in aus. The fact that most people seem to accept it proves your point that a huge part of the population is inherently racist.
    oooooh, we used to have a poster here was seriously sensitive about that particular issue.
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(•_•)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

  3. #273
    Elite Member greysfang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Burning Down Your Windmill
    Posts
    53,465

    Default

    Bitch, I ain't white, no matter what some of those hoodrats think.
    sprynkles likes this.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

    http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

  4. #274
    Elite Member Flygirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    3,142

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mel1973 View Post
    well, assholes come in every shade of the rainbow, don't they?
    Quote Originally Posted by witchcurlgirl View Post
    and at every geographic location.
    ^^awesome posts (sorry, I'm not feeling very expressive this morning; that's the best I can do)
    Quote Originally Posted by greysfang View Post
    Its remarkable how little racism I've run into in my life. I grew up in small town Kansas and nearly all of my friends and boyfriends were white. There were a few passive racists around, but we knew who they were and avoided them, they just weren't part of my life's experiences. The first time in my life I ever experienced overt racism was in Florida. I visited my mother who was working in Ft. Myers for Deion Sanders' charity and the town was literally split down the middle, blacks lived on the west side and whites lived on the east side. I could NOT believe was I was experiencing, and that was at 27 years of age in 1996.

    Yes, i see it here and there, but for the most part, I've escaped the pervasive racism I know still exists. I've lived in Kansas, Arizona, Colorado, and the Denver metro area (DC/MD/VA), also in Belgium, and visited Texas and Oklahoma every summer growing up and I can't even start listing all the places I've visited. Yeah I get a DWB every other year or so, but its nothing that drags down my soul.
    Quote Originally Posted by greysfang View Post
    Correct.

    I know blacks who live in areas where there is pervasive racism and i can understand their hostility, even though i find it annoying. They also feel I'm a spoiled princess/snot/uppity simply because I haven't had the same experiences they have. I grew up without all that, I got a very good education, and I live a decent middle class life. They just didn't have the same opportunities I did, nor were they allowed to grow up with an excellent sense of self-esteem. They're angry and I can't fault them for that.
    You sound so damn healthy. It's refreshing to run into realistic, intelligent, emotionally healthy people these days. The experience is getting rarer and rarer.

  5. #275
    Elite Member Mel1973's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Cuntopia
    Posts
    42,972

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by greysfang View Post
    Bitch, I ain't white, no matter what some of those hoodrats think.
    I know that! I assumed it was a DWB (dumb white bitch - regardless of sex) pulling you over!
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(•_•)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

  6. #276
    Elite Member sluce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Top Secret Spy for Leann Rimes
    Posts
    37,366

    Default

    I am getting so lost in this story.

    When did she use the N word?

    When was the dinner served by "slaves"?
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

  7. #277
    Elite Member McJag's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    42,527

    Default

    In 1960. But she is sorry.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

  8. #278
    Elite Member sluce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Top Secret Spy for Leann Rimes
    Posts
    37,366

    Default

    In the 60s lots of people still used the N word. That was the beginning of the transition. I am not making any excuses because I do believe she is racist, but we do need to take the era into consideration.

    Was the stupid dinner in the 60s too?
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

  9. #279
    Super Moderator twitchy2.0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Milliways
    Posts
    56,646

    Default

    2007

    "Jackson’s attorney, Matthew Billips, also pressed Deen to explain whether she had once suggested that all black waiters be hired for her brother’s 2007 wedding.Deen said she once mentioned the idea to her personal assistant and Jackson but immediately dismissed it. Deen said she had been inspired by an upscale Southern restaurant she and her husband had visited in another state.
    “The whole entire wait staff was middle-aged black men, and they had on beautiful white jackets with a black bow tie. I mean, it was really impressive,” Deen said. “And I remember saying I would love to have servers like that, I said, but I would be afraid that someone would misinterpret (it).”


    Source: Food Network's Paula Deen admits she used racial slurs, denies racism charges - Washington Times


    Surely she could just have gotten some white waitstaff and had them wear blackface?

    From the same article:

    " Deen acknowledged in her deposition to sometimes telling jokes. She seemed to struggle when asked if she considered jokes using the N-word to be “mean.”“That’s kind of hard,” Deen said. “Most jokes are about Jewish people, rednecks, black folks. … They usually target, though, a group. Gays or straights, black, redneck, you know, I just don’t know — I just don’t know what to say. I can’t, myself, determine what offends another person.”

    Yeah, I have no idea if someone would find that offensive. *rolls eyes*
    As Canadian as possible under the circumstances

    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


    "What's traitors, precious?" -- President Gollum

  10. #280
    Elite Member sluce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Top Secret Spy for Leann Rimes
    Posts
    37,366

    Default

    2007!!!! Bitch is out of her mind! It's offensive that she even considered that, much less didn't realize how wrong it was. What does she mean by, “but I would be afraid that someone would misinterpret (it).” What other way could it be interpreted? I want to know what upscale restaurant had all black men as servers.

    I would like to fill a large cast iron pan with butter and toss her in.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

  11. #281
    Elite Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    5,543

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sluce View Post
    2007!!!! Bitch is out of her mind! It's offensive that she even considered that, much less didn't realize how wrong it was. What does she mean by, “but I would be afraid that someone would misinterpret (it).” What other way could it be interpreted? I want to know what upscale restaurant had all black men as servers.

    I would like to fill a large cast iron pan with butter and toss her in.
    All the old dining clubs, in my home town, still hire only black waiters. I've never been to a country club (not klassy enough, though we snuck in at night and partied on the links often enough) but I wouldn't doubt it's the same there. One summer (mid '80s) I worked catering at the big fancy hotel and was only one of two white people in the large serving staff.

    I bet if a client asked that all servers to be middle aged black men, in tux coats, at their banquet, they'd still get it.

    ETA: The oldest restaurant in the biggest college town in the state only hired black people. When the owner died, he willed the place to the oldest members of the staff. It's now considered some sort of model for employee ownership.

    You won't see any of this as an outsider.

    ETA2: Paula is charged with contempt. Her out take video sounds charming -

    http://radaronline.com/exclusives/20...-blooper-reel/

    A Georgia judge has found Paula Deen and her codefendants in a $1.2 million sexual harassment lawsuit in contempt of court for failing to turn over a blooper reel in which the Food Network star is said to cuss up a storm — and perform a sex act on a chocolate eclair!
    The woman suing the queen of Southern cuisine asked the court to rule that she violated an order to turn over a tape of “obscene and vulgar video outtakes,” according to documents filed in a Savannah, Ga., court and obtained exclusively by RadarOnline.com.
    PHOTOS: Celebrity Racist Rants
    That video — which consists of outtakes from her show — is said to include the 66-year-old dropping the swear word “motherf**kers”, declaring a dish smells like a “stinky coochie” and suggestively describing one gooey meal as “just a syrup that’s gonna stick our balls together.”
    She even pretends to perform a fellatio act on a pastry before declaring, “My a** ain’t pretty no more!”
    Deen had previously appealed the court’s decision and wouldn’t produce the naughty tape until her appeal was heard.
    PHOTOS: Diabetic Paula Deen Tucks Into A High Calorie, Fatty Treat
    But U.S. Magistrate Judge G.R Smith ordered the celebrity chef and her codefendants on May 8 to “promptly deliver a copy of the blooper reel to plaintiff’s counsel, who are entrusted with its confidentiality.”
    They have since complied, a source told RadarOnline.com, but not until after being found in contempt.
    Lisa Jackson, a former manager at Uncle Bubba’s Oyster House in Savannah, Ga., wants to use the blooper reel as part of her litigation, during depositions and at trial.
    But the judge warned her and her lawyer that they were “directed to return and destroy any copy left in their possession after the conclusion of appeals” in the case.
    PHOTOS: Celebrity Diet Promoters
    Jackson’s lawyer Matthew Billips had argued he “repeatedly requested Defendants to produce the instant video, including advising them that a Motion for Contempt would be filed if not produced by Monday, May 6, 2013.
    “Defendants simply ignored those requests, often not even responding.
    “As such, there can be no conclusion that can be reached other than the Defendants are in willful Contempt,” he successfully pleaded to the court.
    PHOTOS: Stars’ Most Embarassing Moments
    “A party or its counsel who blithely disregards an Order to produce evidence does so at its own risk. Defendants have been Ordered to produce the Blooper Reel video and have no excuse for refusing to do so.”
    Jackson is suing Deen and her brother Earl ‘Bubba’ Hiers for $1.2 million, claiming he sexually harassed her for five years, frequently used the the word “n*gger”, referred to President Obama as a “n*gger” and watched pornography on work computers.
    Last edited by olivia; June 21st, 2013 at 01:52 PM.
    CHILLY FREE!
    i have to zero the contain to your level -bugdoll
    you can't even be ogirinal - Mary

  12. #282
    Elite Member sluce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Top Secret Spy for Leann Rimes
    Posts
    37,366

    Default

    I'm betting Paula's wishing she had offered a nice settlement to Ms Jackson now.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

  13. #283
    Elite Member McJag's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    42,527

    Default

    Maybe. Or maybe she just decided she owned it-publish and bedamned.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

  14. #284
    Elite Member sluce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Top Secret Spy for Leann Rimes
    Posts
    37,366

    Default

    http://www.nytimes.com/2013/06/22/di...w-nytimes&_r=0
    Paula Deen Apologizes for ‘Hurtful Language’ Peter Kramer/NBC
    By JULIA MOSKIN
    Published: June 21, 2013

    Paula Deen, the self-proclaimed queen of Southern cooking and a sugary mainstay of both the Food Network and the “Today” show, apologized in two online videos Friday for her use of racial epithets in the past.

    “I want to apologize to everybody for the wrong that I’ve done,” she said, near tears, in the first, which was posted on YouTube and then removed. “I want to learn and grow from this. Inappropriate and hurtful language is totally, totally unacceptable.”

    In a longer video posted later in the afternoon, Ms. Deen, appearing more composed, said: “I’ve spent the best part of 24 years to help myself and others. Your color of your skin, your religion, your sexual preference does not matter.”

    Her statements followed a volley of criticism this week over her remarks in a deposition for a discrimination lawsuit by a former employee. In the document, she admitted she had used racial slurs, tolerated racist jokes and condoned pornography in the workplace. Her statement on Friday appeared to address only her choice of language.

    Earlier on Friday, Ms. Deen failed to appear on “Today” for a scheduled exclusive interview Friday morning with Matt Lauer, citing exhaustion. She had agreed to the interview, extensively promoted by NBC News on Thursday night, to address the uproar generated this week by her statements in her deposition.

    Clearly upset by her absence on Friday, Mr. Lauer told viewers that Ms Deen had spoken with him on Thursday, agreed to an “open and candid” discussion, flown to New York City — but in the morning, had her representatives cancel. “We just found out she’s a no-show,” he wrote on Twitter. “Hoping to get more info on the Paula Deen situation soon. Very confusing.”

    Ms. Deen, 66, commands a small culinary empire, having produced numerous cookbooks, starred in cooking shows and served as a spokeswoman for Philadelphia Cream Cheese and Smithfield Foods. She and her sons own and operate a restaurant in Savannah, Ga. Her magazine “Cooking with Paula Deen,” has a circulation of nearly 1 million, her Web site says.

    But Ms. Deen has managed to offend even her most uncritical fans before, most recently in January 2012 when she announced her diagnosis of Type 2 diabetes on the same day she endorsed the diabetes drug Victoza and a lucrative collaboration with Novo Nordisk, the drug’s manufacturer. Because she had built her career on a no-holds-barred approach to sugar and fat (creating recipes like a cheeseburger patty sandwiched between two doughnuts and a Better than Sex cake made with cake mix, pudding mix, and heavy cream), she was roundly criticized for encouraging an unhealthy diet for others, hiding her illness and then trying to profit from it.

    On Thursday, criticism of her statements about race mounted on Twitter — even spawning a sarcastic hashtag, #paulasbestdishes — and on Ms. Deen’s own Facebook page.

    The lawsuit against her was filed in March 2012 by Lisa T. Jackson, the general manager of Uncle Bubba’s Oyster House, a restaurant that Ms. Deen owned with her brother, Earl (Bubba) Hiers. Ms. Jackson, who is white, said that her father was Sicilian, with dark skin, and that she had suffered prejudice as a result.

    In the deposition, Ms. Deen said that she had used a racial slur in the past, though not in the restaurant, and that she and her family did not tolerate prejudice. “Bubba and I, neither one of us, care what the color of your skin is” or what gender a person is, she said. “It’s what’s in your heart and in your head that matters to us.”

    She also stated that “most jokes” are about Jews, gay people, black people and “rednecks.”

    “I can’t, myself, determine what offends another person,” she said.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

  15. #285
    Elite Member greysfang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Burning Down Your Windmill
    Posts
    53,465

    Default

    Racist skank!



    6/21/2013 1:30 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

    PAULA DEEN
    Food Network Gives Her
    THE AX

    EXCLUSIVE
    Paula Deen's goose has been cooked at the Food Network. Officials tell TMZ they are not renewing her contract, which expires at the end of this month.

    Paula apparently was done in for her comments during a deposition in a civil lawsuit, in which she freely admitted to using the N-word in the past.

    Deen issued an apology this morning that bordered on ridiculous -- it was heavily edited and frankly insincere.

    She issued a second apology shortly before the Food Network said it would not renew her contract.See also




    Read more: http://www.tmz.com/2013/06/21/paula-...#ixzz2Wt09orNO
    Visit Fishwrapper: http://www.fishwrapper.com
    sprynkles likes this.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

    http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 93
    Last Post: August 23rd, 2011, 01:45 AM
  2. Cure for Type I Diabetes?
    By tkdgirl in forum News
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: August 28th, 2008, 04:06 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •