Page 11 of 45 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast
Like Tree526Likes

Thread: Butter-loving Paula Deen: I Have Type 2 Diabetes/Racism

I don't see how a cheeseburger ruins her diet. I would hate to be followed by Food Police. The disease would be bad enough.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

I, for one, promise to comment approvingly in the exceedingly rare chance that someone catches Paula Deen eating a garden salad with a light vinaigrette dressing and topped by turkey breast. With an unsweetened tea on the side.

Good grief. She's not chowing down on a 3-tier orange marmalade cake slathered in butter. It's a freaking hamburger. And who's to say it wasn't a veggie or turkey burger on a whole wheat bun? It must be a slow news day.
    "Schadenfreude, hard to spell, easy to feel." ~VenusinFauxFurs

"Scoffing is one of my main hobbies!" ~Trixie

I bet the cheese was actually just really orange dijon.

Dont Feed The Models
    JuicyLucy

Good G-d, how is this bitch not dead yet

Why is it even necessary to fry a cheesecake?
    Dont Feed The Models
    JuicyLucy

Paula Deen: 'I've Dropped Two Pant Sizes!'

By Liza Hamm and Becky Randel

Tuesday February 28, 2012 07:30 AM EST

Paula Deen
    Vallery Jean/WireImage

Paula Deen's fans noticed something different about her at Sunday's 2012 South Beach Wine and Food Festival.

The Queen of Southern cooking – who recently revealed she's had Type 2 Diabetes for three years – is looking thinner.

"I've dropped two pant sizes and I feel great!" Deen, 65, tells PEOPLE. Her new healthier regime includes walking 30 minutes every day – and now having portions half the size of those she used to eat.

Even so, as Deen – who also hosted a brunch for fans that included a menu of fried chicken and waffles, jambalaya cooked by her husband and a strawberry margarita mousse prepped by chef Robert Irvine – told her fans during her cooking demo, she still isn't sure how much she weighs.

"We don't own a scale in our house," says Deen. "Every six months I go for a physical and find out. Now it's time to see the doctor. She'll be so happy if I've lost weight."

Both the cook and her family are pleased with results. "Doesn't she look nice?" son Bobby tells PEOPLE. "She has a little more pep in her step now. She'd been guilty of being a little too sedentary – like a lot of people."

Although Bobby, who is a big runner, swears he doesn't give his mom workout advice ("I just try to show by example. I live my life, if that affects Mom in a personal way, that's great"), he did present her with a pedometer for her daily walks.

As Deen told her fans, "It's amazing how good getting up and moving makes you feel."
    Paula Deen: 'I've Dropped Two Pant Sizes!' - Scandals & Feuds, Health, Bodywatch, Paula Deen : People.com

I hope another part of her health regime is staying away from the deep fryer.
    Dont Feed The Models
    JuicyLucy

fgg

Anthony Bourdain Stirs the Pot in Feud with Paula Deen

Feuding celebrity chefs Anthony Bourdain and Paula Deen went another round Sunday at the South Beach Wine & Food Festival in Florida.

With both chefs on hand for separate cooking demonstrations, Bourdain, 55, wasted no time slamming Deen, 65, yet again for agreeing to endorse a diabetes medication after years of cooking decadent foods.

It began when N.Y.C. chef Eddie Huang asked Bourdain: "Aren't you a hypocrite – smoking on your show and making fun of this nice old lady with diabetes?"

As the crowd hooted and hollered, Bourdain replied: "You're right. I did smoke cigarettes for a lot of years on my show. But I wasn't selling any [expletive] cigarettes … And when I found a spot on my [expletive] lung, I didn't wait three years so I could get a deal selling the patch."

Meanwhile, at her demo, Deen thanked her fans for sticking by her. "There have been two or three haters. I don't know why they're mad at me. I didn't choose [my diabetes]," she said.

She added: "I don't care what they say. What I do care about is y'all, and I thank you for the support ... I can't tell you what it means to me."

The two chefs' contrasting styles were further accentuated when each was asked for their favorite hangover cure.

Deen answered, "I don't drink, so I don't get hangovers!" But Bourdain, drinking a Pabst Blue Ribbon, said his cure was "aspirin, a cold Coca-Cola, a big joint and leftover Kung Pao Chicken."
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

Quote Originally Posted by fgg View Post
    The two chefs' contrasting styles were further accentuated when each was asked for their favorite hangover cure.

Deen answered, "I don't drink, so I don't get hangovers!" But Bourdain, drinking a Pabst Blue Ribbon, said his cure was "aspirin, a cold Coca-Cola, a big joint and leftover Kung Pao Chicken."
    Sounds like my kind of hangover cure.
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

It began when N.Y.C. chef Eddie Huang asked Bourdain: "Aren't you a hypocrite – smoking on your show and making fun of this nice old lady with diabetes?"

As the crowd hooted and hollered, Bourdain replied: "You're right. I did smoke cigarettes for a lot of years on my show. But I wasn't selling any [expletive] cigarettes … And when I found a spot on my [expletive] lung, I didn't wait three years so I could get a deal selling the patch."
    That was a pretty apropros rejoinder.

bourdain's an ass. he needs to go smoke another joint and calm the fuck down already. I'm sure the joint works wonder for the spot on his lung... dick
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(•_•)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

Vouch!
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

He seems like such a dick.

Which son of her is the one with facial hair? I kinda want to do him.
    "A true whore just loves her life." - Sluce

Page 11 of 45 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Thread Information