Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree36Likes

Thread: Businessman Blames Bruce Springsteen For Breaking Up His Marriage

Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    The article was dated today, and is ostensibly about his book, but the Daily Mail managed to shoehorn a 2009 story in there. One that has absolutely no chance of being in the book.
    Exactly. The only new information in the entire article is: Bruce Springsteen received a big advance for an autobiography. Correction: "sources say"

Fucking Daily Mail.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

I totally forgot about Julianne. I used to think she was so pretty. Her hair was awesome. It was such a huge deal that she married him.

Julieanne was the aunt of a girl in my kindergarten class. It was a pretty big deal when she brought in her star of the week poster with a pic of Bruce and her (kid in my class) on it. I mean, it was almost 30 years ago and I still remember that pic.

i always loved her in his Glory Days Video. Here they are looking so young.

I thought she was gorgeous too. Loved that show Sisters. And his album, Tunnel of Love, just the saddest songs ever, for anyone in the middle of a breakup. She just kinda disappeared, I always hoped he paid her a shitload of money.
    lindsaywhit likes this.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

I hope so too. She sure isn't acting anymore according to her IMDB profile. Those kids are long grown up. Tunnel of Love is my absolute favorite Bruce song. I can listen to it over and over. Gawd I love it.

The only real Tunnel of Love is by Dire Straits
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

^ omg another album that makes me cry.

Never liked him or his muzak.
    gas_chick and mopar like this.
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

Commie!

They did not have a prenup. He said he didn't need one, he was only going to get married once. He was only off by one. As of today.

I was living in New Jersey around that time. (If I get something wrong, feel free of course... it was 30 years ago. ) Girls actually wore black armbands when he got married. Julianne was hated, absolutely hated. I thought she was beautiful. She had 'that certain something', but was reviled as a golddigger, of course, who couldn't really understand Bruce, yada, yada. He was a Jersey boy - the Jersey Boy, and she was.... not. IIRC, she came from a very genteel upper-middle-class home in the Pacific Northwest. He was gob-smacked when he met her, whirlwind, very romantic, almost proper courtship, with a gigantic wedding at the end of the rainbow. Along with that pot of gold they were sharing 50-50, they each contributed expectations they perhaps thought they had been more emphatic about sharing. Bruce thought he had found the perfect little proper princess to bear his fairy-tale children and whitewash the grit on the man. I think she was on board with that, but their timing was way off. She wanted to act. She, ungrateful little hussy, wanted to have a career before/along with children. She was very young, she was not a Jersey girl, and she didn't understand the rough edges, rough places and rough people that surrounded her husband.

I think they really loved each other, and I think they were both very hurt when it came unraveled. Bruce was pretty cruel about the ending, flaunting his relationship with Patti. She held out for a bit, then started acting on Sisters, (I loved her) and eventually just faded away with her tens/hundreds of millions. The fans loved Patti - she was one of them. And she got the prize. I still love his music, but "he's not the man I wanted him to be... somewhere down the line he just lost track."
    bootspaige likes this.

Hated Julianne's character on Sisters so damn much. I'd still punch her over it.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information