Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree252Likes

Thread: Buried knife found at O.J. Simpson's estate

Quote Originally Posted by HWBL View Post
    No, I seem to remember the motive was explained as her being creeped out by him and confronting him and I even believe he was stalking her or something.
    The excerpt from that book said that Nicole and family were supposed to eat at his restaurant that night and didn't. And his psychiatrist said that if he had been charged he would have been found not guilty by reason of mental defect. I don't think he was ever questioned in the case. And (dum, dum, dum) last thing I saw said that his whereabouts are unknown.
    If i hear one more personal attack, i will type while drunk, then you can cry! - Bugdoll
    (716): I'd call her a cunt, but she doesn't seem to have the depth or warmth
    Quote Originally Posted by shedevilang View Post
    (Replying to MontanaMama) This is some of the smartest shit I ever read

^Wasn't he also still on probation after having abused his latest girlfriend? Something like that.... she wasn't the first girlfriend he'd abused.
    Warren Beatty: actor, director, writer, producer.

***** celeb

Quote Originally Posted by Trixie View Post
    ^ So that's a motive? He had a crush on Nicole, and he was an abusive guy so he just showed up at her house and slaughtered her? I admit I've heard of him as an alternative suspect, but not enough that it makes much sense to me at this point.
    No, there was more, I just can't remember it. Something he said during the interview made me say WOW. I'll see if I can retrace my steps and re-find the interview. It made me put his book in my cart. Full disclosure though ... he was doing the interview to promote his book.

This is a buck/pocket knife, so OJ wouldn't have been able to damn near decapitate Nicole the way he did with that type of knife.

Also, was there any evidence of a recent burial during the murder investigation? I certainly don't recall hearing about that during the massive media coverage back in the 1990s. I think OJ is guilty and got away with murder, but there's no way this knife would've been used for that type of brutal murder. I guess people at LAPD are bitter because American Crime shows how they fucked up the case and the state couldn't prove OJ's guilt beyond a reasonable doubt. So now they're grasping at straws with this. Interesting how all this is brought up when he's up for parole next year.

This knife would never be admissible in a court proceeding because there's no clear chain of evidence. One guy had it for years, then another guy, whatever.
    rollo, mostroop and hustle4alivin like this.
    "Don't trust nobody, and 'nobody' meaning Jay Leno in particular." -Chris Rock

Quote Originally Posted by hustle4alivin View Post
    This is a buck/pocket knife, so OJ wouldn't have been able to damn near decapitate Nicole the way he did with that type of knife.
    Firsthand knowledge????
    As Canadian as possible under the circumstances

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"What's traitors, precious?" -- President Gollum

Quote Originally Posted by twitchy2.0 View Post
    Firsthand knowledge????
    Hell no! LOL...
    Brookie likes this.

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    I would be in favor of removing the double jeopardy rule if the answers did not have to be in the form of a question.
    Love it.

Quote Originally Posted by HWBL View Post
    True. He was also studying to be a chef and worked at a restaurant. The day of the murder he either left early without giving notice or just totally didn't show up for work and there were knives missing from the restaurant kitchen. Rumor had it that he, too, had a crush on Nicole. He also had a history of abusing his girlfriend.
    Oh, so he borrowed Dad's Bronco and his size 12 Bruno Magli's and did the deed? Sounds like he has trying to frame his dad as well.

Quote Originally Posted by BBDSP View Post
    Love it.

Oh, so he borrowed Dad's Bronco and his size 12 Bruno Magli's and did the deed? Sounds like he has trying to frame his dad as well.
    Don't shoot the messenger. It was actually quite a plausible string of events and circumstances that were all corroborated and fit in the timeline. I don't recall for sure but as far as I can remember, the PI who did the research also had contact with some policemen and other figures from law enforcement and justice departments etc. about it and they agreed it was all suspicious and plausible. I don't remember when he discovered all this, though. I mean: how long after the murders or perhaps even after the trial. It's been about a decade since I saw that documentary.

***** celeb

Have the LAPD had the knife since Jan.? They must have tested it by now if they have. This is all so weird. Was the guy who had the knife planning on selling it because of the FX show & the renewed interest?

Quote Originally Posted by Fly_On_TheWall View Post
    Have the LAPD had the knife since Jan.? They must have tested it by now if they have. This is all so weird. Was the guy who had the knife planning on selling it because of the FX show & the renewed interest?
    I had read that the cop had retired, and he was planning on framing the knife. He called one of his old buddies at LAPD because he wanted to get the case number so he could get the case number engraved into the frame. The buddy turned him in. Don't know how true that is....read it on the internet.
    darksithbunny and arie_skop like this.
    RELIGION: Treat it like it's your genitalia. Don't show it off in public, and don't shove it down your children's throats.

Elite Member

Whether or not it could have been the murder weapon, that cop knew what he did was wrong. He should have handed it over immediately. One of the ones that gives all cops a bad reputation.
    louiswinthorpe111 likes this.

If any of this is true why wasn't the PI called as. A witness, and he should have handed over the storage locker contents to LAPD asap, if not in situe.

Inside The Deranged Mind Of O.J. Simpson’s Violent Son
    Posted on Jun 8, 2015 @ 15:20PM

"A knife cuts away the parts of something not needed. This is the year of the knife for me!”

Those are the twisted rantings from the disturbed mind of O.J. Simpson’s son Jason, who kept a secret diary in the months before Nicole Brown Simpson and her friend, Ronald Goldman, were slashed to death.

On the 21st anniversary of the murders, The National ENQUIRER has exclusively obtained that journal – which provides a startling glimpse into the life of demon-ravaged Jason.

The son of the former NFL star has been sensationally fingered as an accomplice to the 1994 murders, as this publication previously reported.

In a bombshell turn of events, Los Angeles private investigator Michael Alexander Martin identified then-24-year-old Jason as being at the grisly Brentwood, Calif., crime scene.

Michael said he was parked about 40 yards from Nicole’s tony townhouse on an unrelated stakeout that fateful night.

Around 10:15 p.m., he said he saw O.J. – and his son – park O.J.’s infamous white Ford Bronco in an alley behind Nicole’s home.

O.J. exited the car and slipped on gloves, claimed Michael.

Ten minutes later, O.J. returned with a bundle of clothes under his left arm.

Father and son then drove off into the night, Michael alleged to The ENQUIRER in a world exclusive interview.

Texas-based private investigator William Dear – who has solved cold cases for the FBI – obtained Jason’s diary from an abandoned self-storage unit in Los Angeles.

In one chilling entry, Jason wrote: “My laugh … was the laugh of a madman. The blood I mentioned previously, coming from my arm? A direct result of madness.”

In another, he penned: “I can’t help but think of the story of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde. A man that when induced with a chemical becomes a madman.”

The journal is also laced with descriptions of his “self-destructive behavior” and drug use, including cocaine and ecstasy.

“I have fun when I’m slipping … drinking,” read one disturbing entry.

He added: “I saw myself on my trip and I wasn’t disappointed with what I saw. I was, however, uncertain about certain aspects of myself.

“My insecurity and knack for letting it become uncontrollable and ultimately contributing to the demise.”

William commissioned Texas handwriting expert Don Lehew to analyze Jason’s journals, who concluded that “no doubt” they match his handwriting.

The hidden journals are even more disturbing when considered alongside other contents that William found inside the storage unit.

He told The ENQUIRER the cache of evidence included a knife that Dr. Vincent DiMaio, a forensic pathologist, found to be consistent with Nicole and Ron’s wounds.

William also secured a photo of Jason lying in bed with his dog while wearing a black cap – just like one found at the crime scene that was determined to have traces of dog hair!

What’s more, Jason refused to take the powerful psychotic drug known as Depakote in 1994, his ex-girlfriend told William.

A prescription had been written for Jason after he had been psychiatrically treated for violent impulses and behavior, William has alleged.

He said a report from Cedars-Sinai Medical Center dated January 1994 – five months before the murders of Ron and Nicole – identified Jason as a patient who “feels like he’s going to rage.”

One journal entry elaborated: “Here I sit. On a hospital issued, pink, plastic and wood chair. On level two. Yes level two. I survived 21 years and two suicide attempts, countless drug-filled nights.”

“I will now not stop until final justice is given to the victims,” private eye Michael told The ENQUIRER.

“If Jason Simpson was ever charged in this case, O.J. could be arrested and charged with aiding and abetting. There is no double jeopardy if it were to be a charge other than murder.

“I need to continue this and make right for all what I should have done 20 years ago.”

For his part, O.J. – now jailed in Nevada on an unrelated burglary case – has declared of his son: “The theory is just one of a thousand regarding the murders, and the LAPD has fully investigated this and felt it has no merit

A Killer in the Family

Was OJ Simpson’s son Jason the true killer of Ron Goldman and Nicole Brown?

In October 1995, OJ Simpson was acquitted in one of the most sensational murder trials of the 20th century.
    As millions of stunned viewers watched on, the ex-American football star was declared not guilty of the murders of Nicole Brown — his ex-wife, and her friend Ron Goldman.
    The trial had become a global media circus and despite much evidence indicating Simpson’s guilt, his lawyer’s accusations of evidence tampering and racism against the LA Police convinced the jury to reluctantly acquit.
    The general consensus regarded the verdict as a miscarriage of justice — Simpson was obviously guilty and had bought the acquittal with his expensive all-star team of lawyers.
    The media strongly focused on Simpson’s guilt. One notorious Time magazine cover was deliberately darkened, allegedly to show Simpson in a more sinister light. Few countenanced the idea that Simpson might be innocent.

[IMG]https://cdn-images-1.medium.com/max/1200/1*YfZiSQYBVi6uaL0sOUUpSw.jpeg?-i2[/IMG]

Time Magazine darkened Simpson’s image to emphasise his guilt.In recent years, however, some investigators have challenged the widespread belief that Simpson was guilty of the murders and begun to focus on his son Jason.

Jason Simpson, the theory goes, was a deeply troubled and violent young man who did not have an alibi for the night and carried knives on his person.
    Could Jason be the murderer of Nicole and Ron?

Evidence for Jason’s violent temper

Jason had a history of violent outbursts and was diagnosed with IED — ‘Intermittent Explosive Disorder’, a syndrome characterized by extreme outbursts of anger and rage over often trivial matters.
    At the time of the murders, Jason was on probation after being arrested for attacking a former employer with a knife.
    Two months earlier he violently assaulted Jennifer Green, his then girlfriend. On another occasion, he attacked a former girlfriend and sliced off her hair with a knife.

Crime Scene photo https://cdn-images-1.medium.com/max/...CGr2tjSlg.jpeg

The grisly crime scene demonstrated a great deal of violence on the part of the killer Jason’s diaries reveal a man tormented by obsessive feelings of violence. One entry reads — “It’s the year of the knife for me. I cut away my problems with a knife. Anybody touches my friends — I will kill them. I’m also tired of being Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde.”
    Jason became so terrified by what he might do during his violent rages that on one occasion he checked himself into a mental hospital.
    Jason had been prescribed antipsychotic drugs for his IED but had seemingly stopped taking them shortly before the murders.
    The murders of Nicole and Ron Goldman were particularly savage — Nicole Brown was stabbed multiple times in the head and neck, one cut so deep it almost decapitated her.
    Ron Goldman suffered dozens of stab wounds to his head, neck and body in a prolonged fight with the murderer.
    Police described the brutal murders as rage killings. Could Jason have attacked Nicole and Ron Goldman in one of his violent fits? He certainly had the means — a ‘Jekyl and Hyde’ personality and, as a chef, he was known to routinely carry knives about with him.
    Also motive — on the night of the murders Nicole was due to bring the family to Jason’s restaurant where he was going to cook for them, an event he was looking forward to. However, Nicole canceled the engagement at the last minute which greatly upset Jason.
    As the sufferer of a mental illness that made him prone to exaggerate minor incidents, could this perceived slight have pushed him to murder?

Jason’s alibi

Jason was never considered a suspect by the police — who immediately fixated on his father. He wasn't even questioned and it was always thought he was working at Jackson’s restaurant in Beverly Hills at the time the murders occurred.
    But private investigator Bill Dear found Jason’s time card for that night and discovered an odd irregularity. Where all the other entries were printed, the time Jason clocked off on the night of the murders had been written in afterwards by hand.
    Dear also interviewed workers at the restaurant and discovered Jason had actually closed the kitchen early that night because business was slow.
    If Dear’s claims are correct, Jason not only lied about his alibi but his whereabouts at the time of the murders are unknown.

OJ’s lack of injuries

The murder of Ron Goldman followed a prolonged struggle with his attacker.
    Goldman  — a strongly built man more than 20 years OJ’s junior was a karate black belt and there was evidence he put up a fierce defense of his life. His body and fists were covered in dozens of bruises, scratches and cuts — even his shoes had cuts on them, indicating he had kicked his murderer.
    Crime Scene photo https://cdn-images-1.medium.com/max/...uRN1y8zTQ.jpeg

The bloody glove and knit cap left at the crime scene by the murderer Forensic pathologist Michael Baden estimated Goldman may have struggled with his attacker for up to 15 minutes.
    Yet when OJ’s body was examined and photographed by the police the next day, aside from a small cut on his finger, he was entirely free of any mark or injury.
    How could OJ have been in such a violent struggle with Goldman the night before and not have sustained any injuries?
    Even the cut on his finger, much trumpeted by the prosecution, seems unlikely to have occurred during the murders as there was no corresponding cut in the bloody glove the attacker was thought to have worn.

Forensic evidence

Whilst much of the convincing forensic evidence against Simpson was undermined by allegations of sloppy handling and tampering, some evidence also exists that suggest his innocence.
    Blood and skin found under Nicole’s fingernails, as well as blood splatter on her back, matched neither her, Ron Goldman or OJ Simpson and are unidentified to this day. Jason was never interviewed by the police and never gave a DNA sample — was the blood his?
    The navy blue knit cap found at the scene matched a knit cap Jason was known to wear before the murders. Hair from an Afro-American male, as well as dog hairs, were found in the cap. One picture showing Jason wearing an identical cap has him reclined on his bed with his dog.

[IMG]https://cdn-images-1.medium.com/max/800/1*2mXGvH1n5SzWf7KhbfMyGw.jpeg[/IMG]

Jason wearing a knit cap similar to the one found at the crime sceneNo knife matching the murder weapon was ever found amongst OJ’s belongings. However, a knife found amongst Jason’s belongings is consistent with the wound thought to have been inflicted with the butt of a knife on Nicole’s head.

Evidence against

The Bronco chase

When it became apparent Simpson was going to be arrested for the murders he left what appeared to be a suicide note with the media and took off in his white Ford Bronco.
    Driven by his old friend Al Cowlings, OJ was on the back seat of the vehicle with a gun up to his head. In bizarre scenes broadcast live on TV, the Bronco could be seen in a slow speed chased followed by 20 police cars.

[IMG]https://cdn-images-1.medium.com/max/800/1*uEKbIeEY423DLf1wUzu_Qw.jpeg[/IMG]

The bizarre slow-speed Bronco chase was seen as an admission of guilt to many. After more than an hour of pleading Simpson was finally persuaded to put the gun down and he handed himself in to the authorities.
    In the Bronco the police found $8,000 in cash, a change of clothing, a loaded .357 Magnum, a passport, family pictures, and a fake goatee and mustache.
    Simpson’s extraordinary behaviour was clearly indicative of some kind of guilt and many took it almost as a confession. Would OJ really have tried to commit suicide if he was in fact innocent of the crimes? Or did he realise he was going to take the rap for his own son — Jason Simpson and panic?

The footprints

Bloody footprints found at the scene matched OJ’s rare size 12 Bruno Magli shoes.
    Simpson denied ever owning a pair of the shoes but investigators uncovered multiple photographs showing him wearing the Bruno Maglis. It seems at the very least OJ was present at the crime scene, but was he the murderer? Or was has presence there an attempt to cover up for Jason?
    [IMG]https://cdn-images-1.medium.com/max/800/1*vhMMA00sY7Ju47djp0OiiQ.jpeg[/IMG]

Simpson pictured at a football game wearing the Bruno Magli shoes linked to the murder scene

Witnesses

Multiple witnesses report seeing Simpson near the vicinity of the crime scene around the time of the murders, but none reported seeing Jason.
    Local resident Jill Shively nearly colliding with OJ’s speeding Bronco when it ran a red light close to the murder scene just minutes after the attacks were thought to have occurred.
    “O.J. was inches away from me,” she said. “His eyes were like a madman’s. He waved his arms and screamed: ‘Move! Get out of my way!’”
    Nicole’s neighbor Robert Heidstra also testified seeing a white vehicle similar to Simpson’s Bronco rapidly leaving the murder scene.

http://theunredacted.com/oj-simpson-...in-the-family/
    Last edited by Novice; March 6th, 2016 at 05:35 AM.

The murder of Ron Goldman followed a prolonged struggle with his attacker.
    Goldman  — a strongly built man more than 20 years OJ’s junior was a karate black belt and there was evidence he put up a fierce defense of his life. His body and fists were covered in dozens of bruises, scratches and cuts — even his shoes had cuts on them, indicating he had kicked his murderer.
    ^This and the lack of injuries on Simpson sr. have always been one of the weaknesses in the case as it was presented in court. In the media father Goldman was adamant that his son was super fit, strong, a black belt karate expert, yet on the other hand maintained he had no chance against the vicious rage of the murderer, for him Simpson sr.. By the time of the murders, Simpson sr. was an ex-football player who - in his mid forties - was not only beginning to have physical problems from having played at a professional level for so long, but who was also known to have rheumatoid arthritis. The theory was that Simpson would have won the fight with the 2 decades younger karate expert because Simpson surprised Goldman and was already in a rage, so acting on adrenaline. Yet, Goldman arrived unexpectedly, at least to Simpson/the murderer, because he was returning I believe sunglasses or something that were left at the restaurant he worked at. So, it was Goldman who surprised Simpson/the murderer. By then the murder scene must have already been covered in blood so both (if it were only Goldman and 1 other man) or all (if Simpson/the murderer was there with someone else, like his son?) would have been having trouble to stay upright and certainly all would be covered in blood and, as the injuries on Goldman's body showed, scratches, bruises etc. I have always thought there was more than one attacker involved in this case.
    Wilson likes this.

***** celeb

William Dear tried to turn over the diaries and knife (which was NOT a buck knife or a folding knife, and matched many of the wounds on the victims, especially the odd tip of the handle which matched a blow to the head on Nicole) after he obtained Jason's storage locker from the person that bought it after Jason quit paying for it. The LAPD would never get back to him. Dear was furious about that. From what I can tell, Dear is well regarded and respected ... he's solved cold cases for the FBI before.

Dear also determined from Jen Greene (Jason's then girlfriend and also his alibi for the time of the murders) that Jason quit taking Depakote just weeks before the murder. I always thought that was a bipolar med (I think Abby's mother (Sally Field) was on it on ER), but it was described as an anti-seizure med in the documentary, and Intermittent Explosive Disorder is usually brought on by seizures. So if Jason went off Depakote and had a seizure, the IED would manifest. And he was furious that Nicole cancelled her reservation that night at his restaurant --- it was a big deal to him and he'd spent considerable time prepping for her party of 11, only to have her cancel at the last minute. I haven't researched any of this independently, just repeating what I heard. Also, Jen Greene described to Dear a time where Jason went into a rage and acted like he was going to slice her neck open, but instead he used one of his chef knives to cut her hair off. She also said Jason routinely carried his chef knives to and from work, they didn't stay at his job. Nicole told Ron Shipp (a friend of both OJ's and Nicole's) a couple of months before she was killed that someone was stalking her and she was positive it was either OJ or Jason.

In the doco that I saw, they said that they believe Ron happened onto the scene just after Nicole was given the fatal blow and was already incapacitated and laying on the ground dying. They determined this because, I think, Nicole's only footprints were in her own blood, but Ron's footprints were in both her and his blood. They repeatedly showed Ron's hands at autopsy, and he had deep bruises on both hands (left hand had two knuckles bruised, right hand had three knuckles bruised - both hands had defensive punctures and slices from a knife), yet OJ had no bruising on his person. They described Ron as desperately fighting for his life, with crime scene photos showing Ron's movements during the struggle. They said with the bruising on his knuckles (from throwing repeated punches at his attacker) there would no way that he hadn't left significant bruising or even broken ribs on his attacker. Again, OJ had no such bruising or injuries (except the cut on his finger) and Jason was never examined for injuries.
    HWBL likes this.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information