Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast
Like Tree308Likes

Thread: Bruce Jenner involved in car accident leaving one person dead

Now a different headline. Caitlyn Jenner -- Sheriff is NOT Recommending Manslaughter Prosecution | TMZ.com

Caitlyn Jenner

Sheriff is NOT Recommending Manslaughter Prosecution

8/21/2015 12:50 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

EXCLUSIVE
    The L.A. County Sheriff's Dept. says media reports claiming the agency is recommending Caitlyn Jenner be prosecuted for vehicular manslaughter are incorrect ... there is NO such recommendation.
    TMZ reported, the 161-page Sheriff's Dept. report concludes Jenner violated the misdemeanor manslaughter law by driving at an unsafe speed. Jenner's SUV slammed into a Lexus that had been stopped in traffic, sending the car into oncoming traffic and killing the driver.
    The Sheriff's Dept. will submit its report to the L.A. County D.A. next Wednesday and prosecutors will then decide whether to file charges.
    Law enforcement sources have told us for months ... there's a 50/50 chance charges will be filed. Some of our sources doubt she'll be prosecuted, saying Jenner's conduct was no different than that other drivers who are inattentive and rear end another car ... the only difference is in Jenner's case, the positioning of the cars sent the Lexus into a fatal trajectory.
    As one law enforcement source put it ... Jenner's state of mind was the same as other drivers who screw up and rear end someone, and you prosecute people for their state of mind, not bad luck.
    See also

Read more: Caitlyn Jenner -- Sheriff is NOT Recommending Manslaughter Prosecution | TMZ.com

It is rare to prosecute someone for a low speed, rear end hit. Yes, she messed up and should have been paying attention, but she was not drunk, and the sheriff report doesn't state she was on the phone. We all make mistakes when driving, and are all capable of making this same mistake. I can't stand Cait but see no need for prosecution.
    stef, Sleuth, BITTER and 6 others like this.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

There will still be a civil law suit or a settlement, I assume. I can't stand her either (not that you would have guessed!)
    I have some famous friends and I have mostly not famous friends.

My sympathy ran out after seeing pictures of her on her phone while driving since the accident.
    It's like you ate too much crazy then puked it all over a post and hit submit - Nancydrew

Sympathy is not needed.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

I did have sympathy as it would be a tough thing to know you started off the chain of events of someone being killed, I think that would be something I'd struggle with even if it was an accident. Accidents happen, but then to not learn a damn thing and blatantly do something that's known to cause more accidents so soon after is mind blowing. Then I remember, she's still one of the Kunt Krew so that should have ended my sympathy before it began.
    It's like you ate too much crazy then puked it all over a post and hit submit - Nancydrew

Looking at the photo of the hummer, it looks lime it has been hit real hard at a good speed. Have they said what speed Jenner was doing at impact?

Ah. 38mph & a hummer weights how many tonnes? Thats quite a bit of force.

^^^ He (at the time he was still he) was also towing a sand dune buggy on a trailer behind him.
    Novice likes this.

Legitimizing LeAnn Rimes' Murderous Trip to the Top

Caitlyn Jenner Will NOT Be Charged With Vehicular Manslaughter Or Any Crime | TMZ.com

Caitlyn Jenner

NOT CHARGED

With Vehicular Manslaughter or Any Crime

17 minutes ago BY TMZ STAFF

EXCLUSIVE
    The L.A. County D.A. will NOT charge Caitlyn Jenner with vehicular manslaughter or any other crime in connection with the fatal car crash on PCH.
    The D.A. has rejected the case, saying she was not speeding, she hit the brakes though belatedly, and her conduct was not "unreasonable" based on all the facts.

Jenner was driving inattentively when she slammed into a Lexus, sending the car into oncoming traffic where it struck a Hummer. The Lexus driver died at the scene.
    The accident was put under a microscope ... the L.A. County Sheriff's Dept. investigated the accident for almost 6 months before submitting a 161-page report to the D.A. The case was reviewed not by the D.A.'s Van Nuys satellite office -- which would normally handle such cases -- but by the Major Crimes Unit at D.A. headquarters in downtown L.A.
    Jenner's lawyer, Blair Berk, tells TMZ, 'We believed from the start that a thorough and objective investigation would clear Caitlyn of any criminal wrongdoing." Berk adds, "We are heartened the District Attorney has agreed that even a misdemeanor charge would not be appropriate."
    Berk goes on, "A traffic accident, however devastating and heartbreaking when a life is lost, is not necessarily a criminal matter."

^So, it's final, now.

Quote Originally Posted by HWBL View Post
    Source TMZ
    Caitlyn Jenner
    D.A. Will NOT Prosecute in Fatal Car Crash ... UNLESS

Caitlyn Jenner will not be prosecuted for vehicular manslaughter in February's fatal PCH car crash, but there's one string attached, TMZ has learned.

Well-placed sources connected with the L.A. County D.A.'s Office tell us, the people assigned to review the case have determined Jenner's conduct was negligent, but not criminal. We're told the people making the decision are also relying on the L.A. County Sheriff's Dept., which investigated and came up with the same conclusion.

Here's the string that's attached. The D.A. herself, Jackie Lacey, can ignore the conclusions and go forward by filing criminal charges, but our sources say that's highly unlikely.
    Warren Beatty: actor, director, writer, producer.

***** celeb

Elite Member

Caitlyn Jenner Sued for Negligence by Grammy-Nominated Composer for Fatal Malibu Crash

http://www.msn.com/en-au/entertainment/celebrity/caitlyn-jenner-sued-for-negligence-by-grammy-nominated-composer-for-fatal-malibu-crash/ar-AAg39Ky?li=AAavLaF&ocid=

The Hollywood Reporter
    Natalie Stone 11 hrs ago

(© Evan Agostini/Invision/AP) Caitlyn Jenner

Caitlyn Jenner is being sued for negligence by a Malibu family who say they suffered injuries following the fatal February Malibu four-car crash that left 69-year-old Kim Howe dead.

Panish Shea & Boyle LLP, a prominent firm for auto accident and other negligence lawsuits, announced Friday that the firm has filed a civil lawsuit for negligence against the former Olympian on behalf of Peter Wolf-Millesi, a multi-Grammy-nominated composer, pianist, producer, songwriter and arranger, his wife Lea, the couple's two minor children, and Lea's mother Elga Maurer for injuries suffered in the four-vehicle collision on Feb. 7, 2015.

The Wolf-Millesis were hit head-on by a Lexus that was struck by Jenner's Cadillac Escalade, which forced the vehicle into their lane of traffic on Pacific Coast Highway, they claim.

The suit states Peter Wolf-Millesi was driving his Hummer H2 southbound on PCH with his wife in the passenger seat, en route to his son's tennis tournament. Both his sons and Peter's mother-in-law were in the backseat. According to the suit, Jenner's SUV rear-ended Howe's Lexus LS 430, which launched into soutbound oncoming traffic and collided head-on with Wolf-Millesi's vehicle.

"All of a sudden a car comes into our lane from oncoming traffic and rushes onto our hood. We were shocked and terrified we were all going to die," Peter said in a statement on the firm's website.

In the suit, Peter claims he suffered nerve damage to both hands and wrists and has been unable to work. Lea allegedly suffered orthopedic trauma to her legs, neck, back and knees; she continues to have ongoing pain and physical limitations. The suit also states that Elga suffered a C-spine "hangman's fracture" in her neck.

The couple's infant son Gaetano, who was four weeks old at the time of the accident, did not respond to stimuli on the scene of the crash and was transported by ambulance to UCLA's ER for treatment, the suit states.

The family is seeking unspecified damages for the two specific causes of action: negligence and negligent infliction of emotional distress.

Fuck! That's a lot of hurt considering they were in a hummer, shouldn't that have protected them more?

A Hummer is not going to protect them from the emotional distress if their baby was not moving etc.

Now what dress will Cait wear to court?
    I have some famous friends and I have mostly not famous friends.

I get that but I was commenting on the physical injuries.

Jenner was in a large truck that was towing a trailer with sand buggy on it. He was speeding. Slammed into the Lexus that IIRC was already at a complete stop, which propelled it into another lane which then hit the Hummer. I don't think people realize the weight of Jenner's truck/trailer/sand buggy combo and the physics involved with that much weight coming to a dead stop upon impact after moving at a high rate of speed. I don't care what kind of vehicle was at the end of that chain, there was going to be major damage to whatever it was. I knew the owner of the Lexus was killed, but I was unaware of the extent of the Hummer's occupants' injuries. They're very lucky and I hope all parties sue the shit out of Jenner. Whatever text he was reading or sending was not worth the life of one person and likely permanent injuries of several others. Especially given he should have known he had more diligence to be careful because of the load he was carrying.
    lindsaywhit, Beeyotch and sparkles like this.

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast

Thread Information