Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
Like Tree308Likes

Thread: Bruce Jenner involved in car accident leaving one person dead

The pics were taken by an independent photo agency... wouldn't that be paps?
    I gotta give Bruce some kind of props for remaining at the scene with full co-operation. He must be horrified of the lady driver's death.
    Because there is a death, out of respect, I'm not going to point any fingers. It's just ... sad.
    JazzyGirl likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by sluce View Post
    The woman who died was the first car to strike another because she too was following too closely. That started the chain reaction. She and Bruce are both at fault for not allowing a safe following distance. I am also wondering how fats Bruce was going when he hit her that caused her car to veer off into the other lane of oncoming traffic and be hit by the hummer. It doesn't make sense. If she had hit the car in front of her, and then Bruce hit her, logically it would create a sandwiched effect with her car in the middle. Was she trying to drive off to the left, after hitting the car, and Bruce struck her? I'm sure the highway patrol will issue a full report explaining what happened, and there were plenty of witnesses.

The paps got pics of impact. Her airbag had already deployed. How did she end up in the other lane?
    It looks like Bruce hit her close to the corner of her bumper in the pic above. Maybe that's how she veered into the other lane, because he didn't hit her head on but towards the corner? Almost like PIT maneuver? I must have read the articles wrong because I thought it was the first car that had the fatality, not the second.
    cherrypye likes this.

When did he start smoking?

Bruce is towing something which makes his car extremely heavy and alters his stopping distance.
    Nevan likes this.
    I have some famous friends and I have mostly not famous friends.

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nevan View Post
    It looks like Bruce hit her close to the corner of her bumper in the pic above. Maybe that's how she veered into the other lane, because he didn't hit her head on but towards the corner? Almost like PIT maneuver? I must have read the articles wrong because I thought it was the first car that had the fatality, not the second.
    This is my thought. Had he hit her full on, he would have just smushed her into the car ahead of her, but by hitting at an angle, he forced her car forward, at an angle.

Quote Originally Posted by rollo View Post
    Bruce is towing something which makes his car extremely heavy and alters his stopping distance.

That's what my DH said when he saw the pics.

Here's a picture of her:

Previous
    Next
    PICTURED: Millionaire widow, 69, who was driving on an expired license when she was hit by Bruce Jenner and died in four-car wreck

Read more: Kim Howe who died in pileup involving Bruce Jenner pictured | Daily Mail Online
    Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

This is the widowed 69-year-old woman who died in a four-car pileup this weekend involving former Olympian Bruce Jenner.

Kim Howe was driving a white Lexus, which Jenner's Cadillac Escalade rear-ended Saturday on a segment of the Pacific Coast Highway in Malibu, California.

The car was pushed into oncoming traffic, and collided with a black Hummer, leaving the vehicle a crumpled wreck and the sole occupant dead. Jenner was unharmed.

Officials released Howe's image Monday, as it came to light that she had not had a valid driver's license since 2007.

Howe's last permit expired that year, and she had never gotten another, the LA Times reported.

It has also emerged that Jenner's Escalade had a sophisticated 'Black Box' inside, which contains critical data including speed and braking information to gauge what the driver was doing for the five seconds before impact, according to TMZ.

As the other three vehicles will also hold similar data, accident reconstruction experts may be able to use them to determine if Jenner was following too closely behind the Lexus.

More details also emerged about Howe's life in the wake of her sudden, violent death on the road.

According to reports in the New York Daily News, she had lived alone since her husband, Robert, died in 2003.

She had a pet dog, neighbors said, but the beloved animal had recently died.

Howe, who was childless, was nonetheless 'very socially active', according to one member of the exclusive community in Calabsas, where she lives alongside the likes of Jenner's Kardashian stepdaughters.

Jim Pascucci, a realtor who lived in the neighborhood, and also sold the Howes their $2.5million house, described her as 'sweet' and 'charitable'.

He told the Daily News: 'She was just a very sweet lady. She was an animal activist. She loved dogs and was very socially active with that.'

Read more: Kim Howe who died in pileup involving Bruce Jenner pictured | Daily Mail Online

'She was a very giving lady, very charitable. She and her husband didn't have any kids, so she put all her energy into that. Her husband left her very comfortable.'

Detectives in Malibu continue to work on an investigation into the fatal wreck, with which Jenner is said to be cooperating completely.

He took, and passed, a sobriety test immediately after the crash, and also gave officers a blood sample at a nearby hospital.

Since the crash, Jenner has been seen on the roads again. Monday morning he made a Starbucks run in an inconspicuous Ford Fiesta.

The former Olympian took the $14,000 compact car out for a spin today after a weekend under the public glare for his driving.

Detectives in Malibu have opened a vehicular homicide investigation in the crash Saturday afternoon on the Pacific Coast Highway, CNN reports. If any of the drivers in the crash if found criminally negligent, felony charges could be filed - which carry a sentence of up to six years in prison.

On Monday, detectives said they are planning to ask Jenner to turn over his cell phone records to show whether he was texting while driving at the time of the crash - an activity that could net a vehicular manslaughter charge under California law, the Los Angeles Times reports.

Go Habs Go!!

So, what happened to the first car (the Prius) that allegedly made the sudden stop causing the Lexus to hit it first? How did that car not get hit by traffic if it was in front?

For a second I thought he killed Pia Zadora.
    Wilson likes this.
    "A true whore just loves her life." - Sluce

Legitimizing LeAnn Rimes' Murderous Trip to the Top

Quote Originally Posted by Moongirl View Post
    So, what happened to the first car (the Prius) that allegedly made the sudden stop causing the Lexus to hit it first? How did that car not get hit by traffic if it was in front?
    My guess is that since the Lexus was hit by a much bigger vehicle than the Prius, that is why she got propelled into oncoming traffic and then she was hit a second time by another big vehicle. It looks to me like the Lexus driver's misfortune was that she was hit by an big SUV that was towing something and then hit by another big vehicle, and if one or both of those sized vehicles were not involved, she may have survived the crash.
    I am infuriated: Flip Flops

I'm still having a hard time with this. As he hit her, he would have driver her further into the Prius, even when striking her at the angle. Yet somehow her car went far enough into the other lane, and was struck at a point that turned it completely around and drove it a distance up the other lane. I'm sure witnesses are giving many details and the full story will come out.

And, what's with this bullshit?
    Howe, who was childless, was nonetheless 'very socially active' nonetheless....
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

She didn't know her place. She was supposed to sit at home crying into her microwave meal for one while petting her three dozen or so cats.
    dexter7, sluce, stef and 10 others like this.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

I'm still having a hard time with this. As he hit her, he would have driver her further into the Prius, even when striking her at the angle. Yet somehow her car went far enough into the other lane, and was struck at a point that turned it completely around and drove it a distance up the other lane. I'm sure witnesses are giving many details and the full story will come out.
    just before impact, it looks like her car is already slightly angled with the front corner over the center line. Any impact would have pushed her further in that direction. Hitting on her rear right corner just magnified that.

Source: crime scene accident analysis degree I bought off eBay.
    sluce, sputnik, mostroop and 2 others like this.
    "But I am very poorly today & very stupid & I hate everybody & everything." -- Charles Darwin

czb

ok, i think she was an SUV sandwich. the article doesn't say which model hummer it was, but even the H3 is a monster.

and i think it would be hard to nail brucella for driving too closely to the car in front of him, all cars drive like that in that corridor. if you don't, then someone will cut in front of you.

and sluce, yeah, what they wrote about the dead chick is just rude.
    sputnik likes this.

RIP to her. It's a horrible way to go.
    I have some famous friends and I have mostly not famous friends.

Quote Originally Posted by Kittylady View Post
    She didn't know her place. She was supposed to sit at home crying into her microwave meal for one while petting her three dozen or so cats.
    I know, right?! I noticed that too. Please.
    Before you can judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? He's a mile away and you've got his shoes. - Billy Connolly

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread Information