Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Like Tree308Likes

Thread: Bruce Jenner involved in car accident leaving one person dead

I believe the Lexus rear-ended the Prius first, but it doesn't mean Bruce should rear-end the Lexus at full speed either. He should have braked as well, but it doesn't look like he did.
    Go Habs Go!!

A co-worker of mine lost her husband in a similar accident a few months ago, and her teen son was seriously injured. Husband's car was stopped at a red light (this intersection happens to be on a highway); the driver behind didn't see that he was stopped, rear ended him at pretty much full speed and pushed the car into the path of an oncoming semi truck. Husband died instantly, son, who was luckily in the back seat, suffered broken bones all over, and the semi ended up on it's side. The driver of the car who rear ended him was clearly at fault, IMO, and apparently this particular intersection is notorious for near accidents due to non-attentive drivers.

Quote Originally Posted by rollo View Post
    His transition SHOULD take second place to a death he allegedly 'caused.' Finally he can stop thinking about himself and his tv show(s.)
    I wasn't implying that it shouldn't, for the same reason you mention. I was just stating that in reference to the remarks made about him "finally being happy", i.e. his transition apparently brings him to the happiest state of mind he's been in a long time but this accident could (and should) throw a shadow over his newfound happiness. I have a bad vibe that it might throw such a big shadow over the transition, as in guilt (whether or not he actually IS guilty, it's how HE feels in that regard), that instead of living through the happiest time of his life, he may go down into the darkest place of his life.
    Warren Beatty: actor, director, writer, producer.

***** celeb

Quote Originally Posted by mtlebay View Post
    I believe the Lexus rear-ended the Prius first, but it doesn't mean Bruce should rear-end the Lexus at full speed either. He should have braked as well, but it doesn't look like he did.
    I agree, but it doesn't look from the pictures as if he was driving full speed. The pictures make it look like he was actually driving quite slow.

ETA:

Bruce Jenner

Smoking, NOT Texting

During Fatal Crash

2/8/2015 10:06 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

EXCLUSIVE
    Bruce Jenner will not get in trouble with the law as a result of his deadly car crash ... at least that's the way it appears based on a new photo.
    The picture was taken by an independent photo agency just before Bruce slammed into a Lexus Saturday on Pacific Coast Highway in Malibu, sending that driver into oncoming traffic where she was killed after colliding with a Hummer.
    It was unclear what, if anything, Bruce was holding in his left hand seconds before the crash. But the new photo shows Bruce clutching a cigarette, not a cell phone. The photo (above) is the first in a sequence shot by the agency, just before the Lexus comes into frame.
    TMZ broke the story, the L.A. County Sheriff's Department was getting a search warrant to determine if Bruce was texting at the time of the collision ... but this picture would seem to make that unnecessary.
    It's illegal to text while driving and motorists who do can be prosecuted for vehicular manslaughter if someone dies as a result.
    Based on the evidence gathered so far, it seems Bruce will not face any sort of criminal prosecution. As we reported, he slammed on his brakes before impact and veered right to avoid the Lexus. And deputies believe a Prius in front of the Lexus may have made a sudden stop, triggering the collision.

Read more: http://www.tmz.com#ixzz3RBc8rsF3

ETA #2: It is illegal in CA to flick cigarette ashes out of your car window while driving.
    "Never wrap it up, never pull out. Just grind up the morning after pill in her scrambled eggs at sunrise, she'll appreciate that you made her breakfast."

In my state, if you are the end in a chain reaction accident, you're the one at fault, no matter if there were already cars crashed before you even came on the scene. It happened to one of my best friends from high school and my youngest sister. It doesn't seem fair, but in both cases they were issued citations as the end car. No other driver received citations. Neither were drinking or anything, and it was before the time of cell phones, they both just came upon crashes on highways not expecting cars to be at a dead stop.

In this accident, I believe it was Bruce's fault. It was his vehicle that pushed both cars forward, one of them into traffic where the driver was killed. He may not be up for criminal charges, but I believe he'll be held liable for the accident.

If he was just smoking and the car in front of him suddenly stopped, I'll cut him some slack.

Yeah, but you're still supposed to leave enough room between you and the car in front of you to come to a full stop without causing an accident, no matter if the car stops suddenly.

czb

Quote Originally Posted by Nevan View Post
    In my state, if you are the end in a chain reaction accident, you're the one at fault, no matter if there were already cars crashed before you even came on the scene. It happened to one of my best friends from high school and my youngest sister. It doesn't seem fair, but in both cases they were issued citations as the end car. No other driver received citations. Neither were drinking or anything, and it was before the time of cell phones, they both just came upon crashes on highways not expecting cars to be at a dead stop.

In this accident, I believe it was Bruce's fault. It was his vehicle that pushed both cars forward, one of them into traffic where the driver was killed. He may not be up for criminal charges, but I believe he'll be held liable for the accident.
    i am familiar with the laws in your state, but that isn't california. for those here who have actually driven the PCH in malibu, there is a world of difference between the traffic patterns there and the turnpike. and i didn't even really know what a hairpin turn was until i moved to california. like i said, i wouldn't point fingers at brucella until i had more facts.
    sprynkles likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by BelledeJour View Post
    I am sure he is surrounded by paps all the time but it does not look like he was chased by them. (Although I am sure Kris or any of them will soon tell how threatened they feel by the paps...)

Oh please, if anything, that family chases the paps not the other way around.

I do feel sorry for him and everyone involved. An accident is an accident, nobody does it on purpose.

Elite Member

Would smoking whilst driving still be considered as not paying attention whilst driving .. surely it is as equally distracting as texting etc?

You are handling an object (cigarette) that could cause injury or fire if dropped.. and you would be scrambling to try and find it as well as trying to keep your attention on the road.

My thoughts are with the lady who passed away and her family & friends.
    Flygirl likes this.

I feel sorry for everyone involved. I know I couldn't imagine being involved in a wreck where there was a death. And if I were in the Bruce vehicle, all these things we are already picking apart (and more) would be going through my head that I could have/should have done differently. I can't imagine anyone being harder on me than I would be on myself.

I mean, how many of us here do things (eat, drink, talk on the phone, smoke, put on make up, fiddle with the radio, gps, etc...anything but looking at the road) for seconds at any given time on any day while driving? Has anyone here ever forgotten to leave enough space between vehicles? Forgotten glasses so they couldn't properly assess depth when driving? In a perfect world, we'd all keep our hands on the wheel at 10 and 2, eyes on the road at all times, and never so much as let our minds wander when driving.

I'm thinking a driver on this stretch coming to a stall/stop was an unexpected occurrence. Could this have been prevented? Probably. But could it have happened to anybody? Absolutely. That's why I feel bad for everyone, including Bruce (provided he wasn't doing something like driving while impaired).

I'll bet everyone ends up suing Bruce too. I'm glad he's not divorced yet. Or are they? I wouldn't think it's official yet.
    JazzyGirl, needmeds, stef and 2 others like this.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

Where did the photos come from? Traffic cameras, or paps? I heard that Bruce did say paps were near him, as they always are, but did not say they were unsafe.

The woman who died was the first car to strike another because she too was following too closely. That started the chain reaction. She and Bruce are both at fault for not allowing a safe following distance. I am also wondering how fats Bruce was going when he hit her that caused her car to veer off into the other lane of oncoming traffic and be hit by the hummer. It doesn't make sense. If she had hit the car in front of her, and then Bruce hit her, logically it would create a sandwiched effect with her car in the middle. Was she trying to drive off to the left, after hitting the car, and Bruce struck her? I'm sure the highway patrol will issue a full report explaining what happened, and there were plenty of witnesses.

The paps got pics of impact. Her airbag had already deployed. How did she end up in the other lane?
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Laurent View Post
    It is terrible. This is my own opinion only, but what's extra terrible is that he wasn't trying to outrun people with weapons in fear for his life, he was trying to outrun people with cameras. Cameras that he's regularly courted in the last 10 years with look-at-me TV shows he's willingly starred in.
    ^^I agree completely.^^
    Before you can judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? He's a mile away and you've got his shoes. - Billy Connolly

He has stated he was not being pestered by paparazzi, and the police said that was not an issue.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread Information