Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Like Tree308Likes

Thread: Bruce Jenner involved in car accident leaving one person dead

Others on the scene said there were no paps involved. I don't see how they could "chase" anyone on that road, on a Saturday, it is jam packed.
    czb and rollo like this.

Curious about who provided those impact shots. Terribly sad that this happened.
    Drive-by poster

Legitimizing LeAnn Rimes' Murderous Trip to the Top

PCH Closed in Malibu After Fatal Chain-Reaction Crash Involving Bruce Jenner | NBC Southern California

PCH Closed in Malibu After Fatal Chain-Reaction Crash Involving Bruce Jenner

Deputies said there was "no evidence" Bruce Jenner was being chased by paparazzi before the crash
    By Asher Klein and Christina Cocca

Olympian and TV personality Bruce Jenner was behind the wheel of an SUV involved in a chain-reaction crash on Pacific Coast Highway on Saturday that left a woman dead, officials said.

The four-vehicle crash began about 12:15 p.m. in Malibu when a Toyota Prius slowed or stopped in traffic and was struck from behind by a white Lexus sedan, LA County Sheriff's Sgt. Philip Brooks said, noting that traffic on the northbound side was not moving very quickly.

Jenner, driving a Cadillac SUV pulling a dune buggy, then rear-ended the Lexus, sandwiching the Lexus between his SUV and the Prius, Brooks said. The Lexus then spun or veered into the quickly-moving southbound lane of PCH, where it was struck head-on by a Hummer, he said.

The driver of the Lexus, a woman, died. A family of five inside the Hummer was taken to the hospital out of precaution, officials said.
    \
    [IMG] http://media.nbclosangeles.com/images/626*349/Malibu+crash+feat.+bruce+jenner+5.jpg[/IMG]

At about 6:45 p.m., a suspected drunken driver drove into a restaurant parking lot and then through the barricade around the crash scene and crashed into the wreckage, deputies said.

The incident did not compromise the crash scene because measurements had already been taken, officials said.

Regarding the earlier crash, Brooks said he did not know why the Prius stopped or slowed in the first place. The sheriff's department said it planned to review cellphone records to see if anyone was on the phone before or during the crash.

Jenner was not hurt in the crash. He was cooperative with deputies, taking a field sobriety test and offering to give a blood sample, Brooks said.

Deputies said there was "no evidence" Jenner was being chased by paparazzi.

"It's unlikely due to the fact that there was traffic and other cars stopped, so that wouldn't make a whole lot of sense, but it's always possible," Brooks said.

Jenner reportedly told deputies that he was being followed by paparazzi on PCH "like always" but that he was not trying to get away from them, an LASD Sgt. told NBC4.

Photos from the scene showed a wrecked white Lexus facing a black Hummer with a smashed front end.

PCH was closed between Malibu Canyon and Corral Canyon roads during the investigation.

Authorities did not give out information about other the victims of the crash and said up to seven people may have been hurt.

Officials first said four cars were involved, then changed to only three. Deputies later clarified a final number of four vehicles involved in the crash.

Kevin LaBeach and Kate Larsen contributed to this report.

Published at 12:40 PM PST on Feb 7, 2015
    Updated 51 minutes ago

PCH Closed in Malibu After Fatal Chain-Reaction Crash Involving Bruce Jenner | NBC Southern California
    Last edited by dougie; February 7th, 2015 at 10:30 PM.

So, if he wasn't trying to get away from the paps, then why does he mention it?

I hate PCH. It's not a divided highway and it's curvy and people drive like idiots. Lot's of head-on crashes there.

At about 6:45 p.m., a suspected drunken driver drove into a restaurant parking lot and then through the barricade around the crash scene and crashed into the wreckage, deputies said.
    So this mess sat on the road for six hours and then this dude comes barreling through?

I live in the midwest, our drunks do plenty of damage on flat straight highways...I can't imagine having the balls of steel to attempt PCH drunk!
    Just Kill Me likes this.
    Drive-by poster

I'm getting on ominous vibe from this. I don't want to be too morbid, but an accident like this might make news about Jenner's transition take second place if its aftermath (one person dead) should lead to a mental breakdown or even suicide (attempt) of Jenner.
    Warren Beatty: actor, director, writer, producer.

***** celeb

His transition SHOULD take second place to a death he allegedly 'caused.' Finally he can stop thinking about himself and his tv show(s.)
    I have some famous friends and I have mostly not famous friends.

From the description, it does not sound like this was his fault, it looks to be an accident and he was one of several involved. And it started with the slowed/stopped Prius.
    Angeli likes this.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

Pictures from Daily Mail:

mtlebay likes this.

It was determined to be his fault. The police are checking his phone records for possible texting. His hands are up looking at something in the pic's leading to the crash.

Asshole killed someone.
    rollo likes this.

------> Well HALLELUJAH--after 35 minutes of not being able to access this site, I'm finally in. The GR server has DEFINITELY changed. If I'm having issues, other posters are too (there's even a thread created). Helloooo... admin..... SVZ ..........

I wonder who took these pics--prolly the paparazzi. He is constantly followed by paps, so it shouldn't be any exception on this day. They were following him as usual, but nothing outlandish so he shouldn't try to blame them.
    nwgirl likes this.
    Go Habs Go!!

Quote Originally Posted by spinmonkey View Post
    Curious about who provided those impact shots. Terribly sad that this happened.
    Me too. Pretty odd that there are pics of before impact, then of impact itself. So obviously somebody was taking pics of him if not actually "chasing" him. Paps or just an opportunist taking pics on their cell phone?
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

I am sure he is surrounded by paps all the time but it does not look like he was chased by them. (Although I am sure Kris or any of them will soon tell how threatened they feel by the paps...)

His windows are rolled down. Maybe he's smoking and that's why his hand is up.

I'm reading conflicting reports. Some say the Lexus rear-ended the Prius first, and Jenner then rear-ended the Lexus. IF that's the case, then it isn't entirely his fault. The Lexus started the chain reaction. Other reports say he rear-ended the Lexus first. Which one is it? The pictures only show him rear-ending the Lexus and don't show the front of the car to see if it was already crashed into the Prius at the time of impact.
    Last edited by South Lake; February 8th, 2015 at 02:09 PM.
    "Never wrap it up, never pull out. Just grind up the morning after pill in her scrambled eggs at sunrise, she'll appreciate that you made her breakfast."

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread Information