Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast
Like Tree308Likes

Thread: Bruce Jenner involved in car accident leaving one person dead

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nevan View Post
    Jenner was in a large truck that was towing a trailer with sand buggy on it. He was speeding. Slammed into the Lexus that IIRC was already at a complete stop, which propelled it into another lane which then hit the Hummer. I don't think people realize the weight of Jenner's truck/trailer/sand buggy combo and the physics involved with that much weight coming to a dead stop upon impact after moving at a high rate of speed. I don't care what kind of vehicle was at the end of that chain, there was going to be major damage to whatever it was. I knew the owner of the Lexus was killed, but I was unaware of the extent of the Hummer's occupants' injuries. They're very lucky and I hope all parties sue the shit out of Jenner. Whatever text he was reading or sending was not worth the life of one person and likely permanent injuries of several others. Especially given he should have known he had more diligence to be careful because of the load he was carrying.
    I know you are referring to the car/trailer etc. but it made me think the load was, "Yeah, because secretly cross dressing when all I wanted was Kris's clothes and Kim's fake ass is a burden - you just don't know!!!"

czb

Quote Originally Posted by Nevan View Post
    Jenner was in a large truck that was towing a trailer with sand buggy on it. He was speeding. Slammed into the Lexus that IIRC was already at a complete stop, which propelled it into another lane which then hit the Hummer. I don't think people realize the weight of Jenner's truck/trailer/sand buggy combo and the physics involved with that much weight coming to a dead stop upon impact after moving at a high rate of speed. I don't care what kind of vehicle was at the end of that chain, there was going to be major damage to whatever it was. I knew the owner of the Lexus was killed, but I was unaware of the extent of the Hummer's occupants' injuries. They're very lucky and I hope all parties sue the shit out of Jenner. Whatever text he was reading or sending was not worth the life of one person and likely permanent injuries of several others. Especially given he should have known he had more diligence to be careful because of the load he was carrying.
    was he texting?

Now that you mention it, I'm not sure. I know there was *something* that he was doing that was considered distracted driving. Let me go look.

ETA: Looks like I was incorrect, he was smoking a cigarette at the time. Still distracted, but not illegal like texting. I did find this gem from MontanaMama though!

Quote Originally Posted by MontanaMama View Post
    Following too closely is generally something you can get away with UNLESS YOUR SHITASS DRIVING CAUSES A DEATH. There is nothing sympathetic about Bruce Jenner, except a lifelong struggle with gender - but that is not an excuse to driving a car that he couldn't stop in time to avoid puhing one car into oncoming traffic and hitting the car in front of thst car. Smoking/texting/primping/ fluffing locks doesn't matter - not stopping in time does. The rest of those are merely more dollars on the settlement.
    Last edited by Nevan; December 6th, 2015 at 11:56 PM.
    sparkles likes this.

It hasn't helped her case that she was seen texting and driving not long after the accident, even if she wasn't at that time. I lost all sympathy when it was clear she didn't learn a damn thing.
    sluce, Nevan, lindsaywhit and 4 others like this.
    It's like you ate too much crazy then puked it all over a post and hit submit - Nancydrew

Elite Member

Caitlyn Jenner countersues driver in fatal car crash

Caitlyn Jenner countersues driver in fatal car crash

Wonderwall
    By Mark Gray 10 hrs ago

(© RR5/WENN) Caitlyn Jenner countersues driver in fatal car crash

Caitlyn Jenner believes she isn't solely responsible for a car crash last year that left one woman dead.

The "I Am Cait" star filed legal docs to hold the driver of the Prius in the fatal crash at least partially responsible for the accident.

Caitlyn has been embroiled in a legal battle ever since the crash, with the stepchildren of the deceased woman suing her for wrongful death. Another driver, Jessica Steindorff, sued Caitlyn for compensatory and punitive damages.

TMZ, though, said Caitlyn has filed a cross-complaint against Jessica, the Prius driver, who was in front of Caitlyn at the time of the February crash.

Caitlyn, then living as Bruce Jenner, crashed her SUV into a Lexus, driven by Kim Howe, then continued on to strike the Prius. The Lexus careened into oncoming traffic and was struck by a Hummer, killing Kim.

The reality star was also sued by the driver and passengers of the Hummer, but it's been reported that that case was settled.

Now, she says she wants Jessica to take some responsibility, as Caitlyn claims in legal documents that the alleged negligence on Jessica's part is that she was sitting at the light after it turned green because she wasn't paying attention.

Criminally, Caitlyn has already been cleared of any wrongdoing.

Jessica's attorney, Robert Simon, told TMZ, "It's unfortunate that she continues to not take responsibility for a crash she clearly caused."

After Caitlyn was cleared criminally, her attorney Blair Berk said, "We believed from the start that a thorough and objective investigation would clear Caitlyn of any criminal wrongdoing. We are heartened the District Attorney has agreed that even a misdemeanor charge would be inappropriate. A traffic accident, however devastating and heartbreaking when a life is lost, is not necessarily a criminal matter."

OMG this trashy bitch.

In my part of the country, Bruce has no legal leg to stand on with a rear end collision. I live in a no fault state (not sure what CA is) and even when someone gunned it at a stop sign instead of actually stopping, I was held at 10% responsible. In the case of a rear end accident, even in a chain accident, the last person at the rear is 100% at fault. Even if the Prius was a second or two late in taking off IF the light had turned green, Bruce would have been 100% responsible to assess the time he had to brake/stop for the car with brake lights on in front of him. She's grasping at straws here. Makes me hate her even more that she's trying to blame someone else for a fatal accident that was clearly 100% his fault.

Never having lived in any other state but CA, I've always been under the impression that if you rear-end someone, you're deemed at fault, regardless of what the other car (that you hit) was doing. You should be aware, driving cautiously, and have enough distance between you and the vehicle in front of you to stop safely/avoid an accident.

Not entirely sure how current/accurate this information is but... I assume Caitlyn/her lawyers are trying to involve the "comparative negligence" doctrine in counter-suing others involved. Which, with what we know of Caitlyn's situation, seems like grasping for straws at this point to avoid the full repercussions (financially/legally) of the accident.

Any action that involves taking both hands off the wheel (like smoking) and your eyes off the road is considered a "distraction" and definitely factors in determining "fault."

Rear-End Car Liability in California California Car Accident Rights offers a detailed explanation if the rear-ended car in California could be held liable. In most cases, the driver that hit another vehicle from behind would be established at fault. The reason for stopping is not relevant at all. The State of California vehicle code, apparently, does not codify `fault’.

A typical rear-end crash involves that the driver at the front either slowed or stopped when the driver at the back hits his/her car from behind. It is a commonly followed policy of insurance companies to accept that the back car driver is to be blamed in the collision.

In general, people who are rear-ended are not established negligent. Those who rear-ended them are instead determined negligent. Of course, this is not always true and circumstances vary from one case to another. This is where a car accident attorney in Los Angeles can be of great help.
    He/she will know how to gather evidences and how to analyze situations to assess who is really at fault rather than follow the norm of doing things more easily. He/she will also consider the `comparative negligence’ doctrine that juries are known to use in assessing facts to see if both parties were to blame for a certain case. Under this rule, even if you were rear-ended, your personal recklessness could result to reduced compensation.

Source:
    http://www.utoosoft.com/tag/car-accident-attorney/
    Manual Driving Distractions

Manual distractions cause you to take one or both hands off of the wheel. Some examples include:

• Eating and drinking.
    • Adjusting your child's seatbelt.
    • Smoking.
    • Searching through your purse or wallet.
    • Turning knobs in your car.

Visual Driving Distractions

Visual distractions cause your eyes wander off of the road. For instance:

• Looking for items on the floor of the car.
    • Checking and adjusting your GPS.
    • Changing the radio station.
    • Adjusting your temperature controls.
    • Taking in the view.
    • Doing your makeup.

Cognitive Driving Distractions

Cognitive distractions cause your mind's focus to drift away from your driving.
    Here are some common cognitive driving distractions:

• Talking to another passenger.
    • Thinking about something that is upsetting.
    • Road rage.
    • Daydreaming.
    • Being under the influence of drugs and/or alcohol.

Source: Three Types of Driving Distractions | DMV.org
    Last edited by SoCalMarie; February 12th, 2016 at 01:58 PM. Reason: I haz spelling issuez ;)
    Katy, urine danger, gurl! - BITTER

So a car was at a set if traffic lights on PCH and Jenner was going too fast to stop if they changed.
    But, its not Jenner's "fault"?

I hope that this loses viewers because this is shitty IMO.

You should always have time to stop, and drivers in PCH would benefit from remembering that. I've sat in bumpers to bumper per traffic doing 50-60mph
    OrangeSlice and Briar Rose like this.

"Schadenfreude, hard to spell, easy to feel." ~VenusinFauxFurs

"Scoffing is one of my main hobbies!" ~Trixie

I would have thought Cait would pay any money necessary to make this go away but maybe she doesn't like the fatal bad driver tag instead of the glamour puss tag she thought she would be getting.
    I have some famous friends and I have mostly not famous friends.

Do you think that she's trying to recover some costs? Didn't she already settle with the others?

I hate all things Caitlin Jenner (fame whore) so have not been following this drama. But the settlement/s was/were mostly likely drawn (and maxed out) from her car and umbrella insurance policy limits. I'm sure she had millions of dollars of coverage and doubt she's had any personal financial exposure in this matter.A settlement means her insurance companies admitted liability whole or in part for her actions. I can't see how her insurance company could recover costs on a settlement that was signed off on unless there's fraud involved. But somebody please correct me if I'm wrong.
    Last edited by qwerty; February 13th, 2016 at 11:42 AM.
    Why do people say, "Grow some balls?" Balls are weak and sensitive. If you really want to get tough, grow a vagina. Those things take a pounding! ~ Betty White

Maybe this last litigant wouldn't settle with the insurance company and is now suing Kaitlyn beyond the insurance amount.
    if you're so incensed that you can't fly your penis in public take it up with your state, arrange a nude protest, go and be the rosa parks of cocks or something - witchcurlgirl

I don't think a third party claimant can bypass an insurance settlement to go after personal assets directly. Usually, if a claim is worth more than the insurance settlement (and that usually involves maxed out policy limits due to the severity of the loss and/or multiple claimants), a claimant will then initiate proceedings to go after personal assets based on the value of the claim in excess of the insurance settlement amount. If assets are tied up in trusts/well executed asset protection structures (almost a given with Jenner), collecting beyond the insurance settlement could be expensive and damn near impossible.
    Why do people say, "Grow some balls?" Balls are weak and sensitive. If you really want to get tough, grow a vagina. Those things take a pounding! ~ Betty White

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast

Thread Information