Page 36 of 49 FirstFirst ... 2632333435363738394046 ... LastLast
Like Tree1351Likes

Thread: Bruce Jenner- I'm Ditching My Adam's Apple

I think it's normal to refer to someone with the old pronoun for a while. It takes some getting used to after you know someone as a certain sex/pronoun for many years. Hell, I still have a hard time referring to friends that I've had since elementary school by their married last names, and some have been married for 20 some years!

Kris Jenner

I Had No Idea

Bruce Wanted to Be a Woman

2/5/2015 1:00 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

EXCLUSIVE

Bruce Jenner kept Kris Jenner in the dark over his sex change until their family meeting several weeks back ... and she flipped out because she just couldn't believe the man to whom she was married for 22 years wanted to become a woman.
    Family sources tell TMZ ... Kris heard all the buzz about Bruce but he never told her and she never asked. It sounds incredible, but we're told there was "a serious lack of communication in the marriage."
    When they had their family sit down -- which of course was recorded -- we're told Kris squarely challenged Bruce, disbelieving he truly wanted a sex change. Things got heated because Bruce insisted he was both comfortable and determined.
    We're also told Kris felt this was a shining example of the fundamental problem they had in their marriage -- they hardly communicated with each other, and Bruce was especially shut down.
    But Kris was not singled out. Bruce kept virtually everyone in his life -- including his close male friends with whom he spent lots of time -- in the dark.
    You may recall, when TMZ posted the story in December 2013 that Bruce was getting a laryngeal shave, he told us he absolutely was not undergoing a sex change. We were told otherwise at the time but Bruce was adamant.
    It was all part of his plan to gradually let people get wind of what he was doing so it wasn't an enormous shock.

Read more: http://www.tmz.com#ixzz3Qv6JJ3sg
    Brookie likes this.

"A massive penis means never having to say you're sorry". Mo

Started to look a little like Billie Jean King there.
    Angeli likes this.
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

You're all being so respectful and delicate. I really wish Joan was here. Can we talk? Can we talk about who Bruce is going to date one day? And what age will she be? He's always dated/married attractive women and seems women were very attracted to him.

I missed this one:

I'm starting wonder if his first nose job wasn't botched as he's claimed. Maybe he wanted a more feminine nose bc he already had desires to become a woman but never had the courage to go through with it until now.
    Sassiness likes this.

Elite Member

Looking at the pictures of him through the years, knowing what we do now, I see a guy really uncomfortable with himself who went under the knife many a time to be more at peace with the way he looked. I wonder how long he's known that he needed to change and has been denying it? I keep forgetting he was the winner of the Olympic decathlon -- considered to be the world's greatest athlete at the time. This is really a courageous thing for him. I wish his legacy hadn't been tainted by those Krazy Kardashians. Now I think of him as the Kris' whipping boy.

czb

i think of him as a great athlete who made some dumb choices with women. we all crap on kris, but that linda chick was a kook. the first wife sounds like a decent person.
    Bluebonnet likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by laynes View Post
    Hate the name Belinda.

• Brucille
    • Brusan
    • Brucinda
    • Brulu
    • Brudence
    • Brudy
    • Vebrushka
    • Briou Miou
    • Brustine
    • Breunice

czb

you forgot brucella ....

Elite Member

Chalet, i would LOVE IT if Ms B Jenner fell head over heels for either Kris's sister Karen Houghton or Scott Disick.. .

Kris Jenner: I Had No Idea Bruce Wanted to Be a Woman

My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

A long time friend of my son's is transgender and hopefully, will raise enough money to get his surgery. It was hard for my son to understand at first. His friend, who was male, is becoming female, but is attracted to women. My son thought maybe he wanted to be female so he would like males. It messed with his head a little bit, but I said, "Do you love your friend? Because your friend is still going to be your friend after this. The core person who you have this time and friendship with is still there." Yes, he...she is my friend. I am so glad that younger people are open to this and won't shut anyone down or end friendships. I hope everything works out well for Bruce.

*I forgot to say that his friend told him he was going to becoming out as a lesbian after the surgery. It was funny how she said it.
    ManxMouse and llamamama like this.

Legitimizing LeAnn Rimes' Murderous Trip to the Top

The forgotten history of Bruce Jenner: How the 1970s all-American hero ended up here - The Washington Post

The forgotten history of Bruce Jenner: How the 1970s all-American hero ended up here

By Emily Yahr February 4
    Bruce Jenner’s life in the spotlight

View Photos

The Olympic gold medalist and TV personality was famous long before you knew him on “Keeping up with the Kardashians.”

One day in 1977, about a year after Bruce Jenner shattered a world record to win the decathlon gold medal at the Montreal Summer Olympics, he met up with his sportswriter friend Barry McDermott to play tennis in New York City.
    McDermott suggested a match at his private club — but that wasn’t Jenner’s style. Privacy was never his priority.
    The pair went to Central Park, where word quickly spread that Bruce Jenner (Bruce Jenner!) was playing on the public courts. McDermott remembers the crowd growing, as he had known it would, gawkers pressed against the chain-link fence, watching the handsome star athlete’s every move.
    It wasn’t a bid for publicity, McDermott insists: Jenner — as celebrated in that era as Michael Phelps or Lance Armstrong at their peak — already had plenty of that. “It was more of a ‘Let’s hang out with the people instead of the elitists,’ ” his friend recalled.
    Four decades later, Jenner is still hanging out with the people: the millions of viewers tuning in to “Keeping Up With the Kardashians,” the popular E! reality franchise starring America’s most shamelessly oversharing celebrity family. Jenner — once the most famous of the clan — is largely a supporting player on the show and its four spinoffs, the weary, eye-rolling dad overshadowed by his preening ex-wife Kris, the self-proclaimed “momager,” and their many camera-friendly kids.

From left, Bruce Jenner, Kris Jenner, Kim Kardashian, Khloe Kardashian, Kourtney Kardashian and Robert Kardashian arrive at an event in May 2011. (John Sciulli/Getty Images for City of Hope)
    But now the buff heartthrob of America’s disco era is poised again to be the center of attention, in a way few fans could have imagined in 1976.
    [ PHOTOS: Jenner’s career, from heartthrob athlete to walking red carpets with the Kardashians ]
    The first startling tabloid photos showed up on checkout lanes last fall: Jenner wearing his hair long with blond highlights. Jenner sporting colorful manicures and earrings, his legs shaved. In December, he confirmed to TMZ that he would undergo a laryngeal shave to smooth his Adam’s apple.
    Last week, after stepdaughter Kim Kardashian West broke the family’s silence during an interview in which she delicately alluded to his “journey,” the reports exploded across the celebrity press: Jenner, 65, will soon come out as transgender.
    While Jenner has not officially commented (which is why The Washington Post refers to Jenner as “he” and “him” in this story), the reports of his plans have come from outlets such as Us Weekly and TMZ that are known to have close and symbiotic relationships with the publicity-savvy family.
    The clearest evidence yet came in an Associated Press interview with Jenner’s mother, Esther Jenner, published Wednesday. When asked about his transition, the 88-year-old Esther said: “I never thought I could be more proud of Bruce when he reached his goal in 1976, but I’m more proud of him now. It takes a lot of courage to do what he’s doing.”
    A sit-down interview with ABC’s Diane Sawyer is reported to be in the works — as is Jenner’s own reality show documenting his transition.
    [ Petrow: What’s the etiquette on asking someone if they’re transitioning genders? ]
    The transformation may be startling — but his decision to make it public shouldn’t be. Long before he was sucked into the Kardashian vortex, Jenner lived his life for the cameras. It was how the world watched him triumph in the punishing multi-skill Olympic sport, taking a victory lap while exhausted rivals writhed in pain. It was how he made a living after that: Wheaties commercials, movies, sitcoms, infomercials, sportscasting and everything in between.
    So of course the cameras will be with him as he makes the most deeply personal choice a person can make.

Olympic medalist and reality TV star Bruce Jenner is making headlines after reports that he is coming out as transgender. Here's a look back at his career. (Nicki DeMarco, Thomas Johnson and Emily Yahr/The Washington Post)

To understand the Bruce Jenner of today, you must understand the Kardashians. And sometimes, Bruce Jenner doesn’t even understand the Kardashians.

At least, that’s the ever- character he plays on the E! show. He’s like a reality twist on a sitcom trope, the sidelined patriarch who is dragged to cooking lessons and finds out from the local news that his stepdaughter is engaged. Jenner and Kris — the L.A. socialite whose first husband was O.J. Simpson’s lawyer, the late Robert Kardashian — and their blended brood have captivated audiences since 2007, when tabloid favorite Kim Kardashian inexplicably rose to fame after her sex tape with a minor R&B star leaked on the Internet.

Their first reality show, launched that year, captured the antics of Kris’s kids — Kim, Kourtney, Khloe and Rob — along with Kris and Bruce’s then-preteen daughters, Kendall and Kylie.

As the Kardashian/Jenner clan became a multimillion-dollar empire with spin-offs, tie-ins, endorsement deals and books, the family has shared seemingly every bit of their lives. Kim’s 72-day marriage to professional basketball player Kris Humphries; Khloe’s wedding with Los Angeles Lakers star Lamar Odom and their subsequent divorce; Kourtney’s refusal to marry the father of her three kids; even Jenner and Kris’s separation last year. Kim has X-rays to prove she doesn’t have butt implants. Kourtney gives Khloe a bikini wax on camera. Nothing is off-limits.

(E! declined to comment for this story and would not make Jenner or any of the family available for interviews. Jenner’s agent also turned down an interview request.)

The family’s unlikely pop-culture dominance can’t be measured solely by their basic-cable ratings. They date pop stars and pro athletes; they influence street fashion; their faces are on tabloid covers every week. The five sisters collectively have 72 million Twitter followers. President Obama joked about Kim in a White House Correspondents’ Dinner speech.

“They keep doing things that are interesting . . . and are no longer just famous for being famous,” said Elizabeth Currid-Halkett, a University of Southern California professor and the author of “Starstruck: The Business of Celebrity,” noting Kim’s latest marriage, to superstar rapper Kanye West, and Kendall’s burgeoning career as a model. “Actually, they do have talent: They have real careers, they have a business. I don’t see them slowing down.”
    Although Jenner is frequently part of these story lines, he rarely drives the action. At most, he looks on at the family antics in amusement, wishing out loud that he were on the golf course instead.
    To those who saw him conquer the sports and entertainment world in the 1970s and ’80s, it’s a role that’s never made sense.

Bruce Jenner on the sidelines? Never.

Bruce Jenner, right, gives a friendly jab to former heavyweight champion Muhammad Ali during the third annual Muhammad Ali invitational indoor track meet on Jan. 7, 1980. (George Brich/AP)

Ask Jenner’s old friends, and they’ll describe a cheerful, electric personality with a natural charisma and warmth.

“Bruce was like a big kid,” said Vince Stryker, Jenner’s decathlon training partner from the 1970s. “He just wanted to have fun and enjoy life. He liked competing but, you know, he was a really happy-go-lucky guy.”
    Deep down, Jenner was also obsessed with winning, as he would later explain in motivational speeches. Growing up in suburban New York and Connecticut, he struggled in school; eventually he was diagnosed with dyslexia. Discovering his aptitude for sports changed his life. By the time he arrived at Graceland College in small-town Iowa on a football scholarship, he was already looking for bigger challenges. A coach pointed him toward the decathlon.
    It’s a brutal sport that tests every muscle in the body. Competitors must excel in not one but 10 skills, including long jump, high jump, sprinting, hurdles, discus and javelin. It’s an event so grueling that the winner of the Olympic gold medal is often dubbed “the world’s greatest athlete.”
    Jenner threw himself into competition and, at 22, earned a spot on the U.S. decathlon team for the 1972 Summer Olympics in Munich. He placed 10th. He later recalled looking up at the winner on the podium, burning with envy. On the plane home to Iowa, he vowed to return for the gold.

Full Article:
    The forgotten history of Bruce Jenner: How the 1970s all-American hero ended up here - The Washington Post
    tulip likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by darksithbunny View Post
    A long time friend of my son's is transgender and hopefully, will raise enough money to get his surgery. It was hard for my son to understand at first. His friend, who was male, is becoming female, but is attracted to women. My son thought maybe he wanted to be female so he would like males. It messed with his head a little bit, but I said, "Do you love your friend? Because your friend is still going to be your friend after this. The core person who you have this time and friendship with is still there." Yes, he...she is my friend. I am so glad that younger people are open to this and won't shut anyone down or end friendships. I hope everything works out well for Bruce.

*I forgot to say that his friend told him he was going to becoming out as a lesbian after the surgery. It was funny how she said it.
    Some of you that have access to the After Hours forum know my situation. It's like you described, MTF but with a "lesbian" orientation. Although there hasn't been a total transition, so I use male pronouns partly because it truly is so damned hard to adjust when that's how you've known the person for more than a decade! He says he's actually sort of glad he has a penis, because if he were an ordinary lesbian, he wouldn't have been able to attract girls as pretty. Lol?
    sluce, darksithbunny and sputnik like this.
    Santa is an elitist mother fucker -- giving expensive shit to rich kids and nothing to poor kids.

czb

^^^ yeah, i have thought of you and your sitch and wondered if you are together. you don't have to answer here, if you don't want (and of course, you don't have to answer at all).

Thread Information