Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast
Like Tree289Likes

Thread: Broadway Star Ruthie Ann Miles' Four-Year-Old Daughter Killed in Deadly Crash

Has it been mentioned if the driver even had a license, given the alleged frequency and severity of her seizures?
    Kittylady and ConstanceSpry like this.

I was so sad when I read this today. Would they even be able to link this baby’s death to the accident though given that they had been monitoring her for the last two months and initially reported that the baby was unharmed?
    "Schadenfreude, hard to spell, easy to feel." ~VenusinFauxFurs

"Scoffing is one of my main hobbies!" ~Trixie

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by stella blue View Post
    Jesus, this story just gets worse and worse. My brain just cannot go there - I don't know how people make it through things like this. Those families, I just hurt for them.
    I know, right. Off topic but, there was a story recently (midwest maybe??) about a mother out to dinner with fiance/BF and came home and her house was on fire and her 4 boys were inside. The oldest was a teen so its debatable if he was capable of watching younger siblings. First Responders held her back from entering the home.
    I have thought about those parents often.

I can't imagine my house on fire and my son inside while I watch it burn. No way.

The grief....The guilt......

Quote Originally Posted by happy8 View Post
    I know, right. Off topic but, there was a story recently (midwest maybe??) about a mother out to dinner with fiance/BF and came home and her house was on fire and her 4 boys were inside. The oldest was a teen so its debatable if he was capable of watching younger siblings. First Responders held her back from entering the home.
    I have thought about those parents often.

I can't imagine my house on fire and my son inside while I watch it burn. No way.

The grief....The guilt......
    I think I saw the same story, or similar. Not being allowed to go into the home. Hell, if my place was on fire and knowing my furkids are inside, I'd want in.
    ConstanceSpry likes this.

I don't know this actress, but this tragedy is so mindblowing..... how can one ever heal from this?
    Fran and ConstanceSpry like this.
    Warren Beatty: actor, director, writer, producer.

***** celeb

NYS does not have a fetal homicide law. The baby must be born alive in order to be considered a homicide. Even viable fetuses are not considered a person.

^ Well that's a shame.

^^^^^
    no it's not, for a million reasons other than the circumstances of this particular case.
    Oasis, OrangeSlice, czb and 5 others like this.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Elite Member

As if it couldn't get sadder... this is horrible.

Bronze Member

I just can't get Ruthie & her husband out of my head. I'm almost 6 months pregnant and the thought of losing my baby is too awful to even consider.--the thought of losing my baby after my daughter had just been killed?--Wow. I can't imagine ever healing from, or even just getting past, what they're dealing with. I wouldn't be able to go on. I would be done. I hope the driver that hit them rots in prison for a long time. I read somewhere that she initially told first responders that she had been inching forward while waiting for the light to turn green and that she accidentally hit the gas. I think she concocted the seizure story afterwards.
    rollo likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by K-Piece View Post
    I just can't get Ruthie & her husband out of my head. I'm almost 6 months pregnant and the thought of losing my baby is too awful to even consider.--the thought of losing my baby after my daughter had just been killed?--Wow. I can't imagine ever healing from, or even just getting past, what they're dealing with. I wouldn't be able to go on. I would be done. I hope the driver that hit them rots in prison for a long time. I read somewhere that she initially told first responders that she had been inching forward while waiting for the light to turn green and that she accidentally hit the gas. I think she concocted the seizure story afterwards.

It is such a painful story for Ruthie and her family for which there really are no words of comfort.
    A couple of days after my mother died I met one of her oldest friends. She grabbed me in the biggest strongest bear hug I'd ever had in my entire life. I felt like a car going to be crushed but I realised what she was trying to do. She was trying to transfer physical strength from her own body to mine. I actually did feel a bit bigger and stronger for that lovely, albeit crushing, gesture from a wise old lady. So, if I ever bump into you I will gently touch your lovely pregnant tummy, with your permission, and send baby a little bit of my strength. *Hugs to you and that sweet little passenger that is growing bigger every day, K-Piece*....xx
    Last edited by Mrs Fawlty; May 19th, 2018 at 06:13 PM. Reason: I've always been rubbish at spelling-I'll never improve, not now, not ever!

I am so crushed for this woman.
    Mrs Fawlty, sputnik, HWBL and 1 others like this.
    "I am a social vegan; I avoid meet! Anonymous Introvert

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    ^^^^^
    no it's not, for a million reasons other than the circumstances of this particular case.
    Exactly. It places protections for women choosing abortions for starters.
    sputnik and OrangeSlice like this.

Bronze Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Fawlty View Post
    So, if I ever bump into you I will gently touch your lovely pregnant tummy, with your permission, and send baby a little bit of my strength. *Hugs to you and that sweet little passenger that is growing bigger every day, K-Piece*....xx
    Thank you Mrs Fawlty, that's such a sweet thing to say. ❤️ I welcome all the positive energy I can get. So far this has been a miracle pregnancy, and with all my reproductive-system problems I worry that something could go wrong at any time. So far so good tho, and all I can do is wait, take good care of myself, and hope for the best.
    stella blue and Mrs Fawlty like this.

Jeez didn't know this story could get worse.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Thread Information