Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast
Like Tree234Likes

Thread: Broadway Star Ruthie Ann Miles' Four-Year-Old Daughter Killed in Deadly Crash

Ruthie Ann Miles lost her baby. She was nine months pregnant.

Tragedy struck the Broadway community earlier this spring when Ruthie Ann Miles was the victim of a fatal car crash that took the life of her four year old daughter Abigail. According to USA Today, the driver, Dorothy Bruns, was arreseted last month in her Staten Island home. Her charges include: manslaughter, criminally negligent homicide and reckless driving.

Now, the New York Daily News reports that Miles has lost the baby girl who was expected to be born this month.

"At the time of the crash Ruthie was pregnant and was severely injured. This past Friday Ruthie and Jonathan lost their baby, Sophia Rosemary Wong Blumenstein," her lawyer told the NY Daily News. "The pain suffered by Ruthie and Jonathan is nearly impossible to fathom."

As previously reported by the New York Daily News, medics were called to the home of the driver Dorothy Bruns, 44, just three days before the incident. Bruns had been suffering from a 'cardiac condition'. This had previously occurred on December 22 as well as November 19. Bruns took medical leave from her job and only recently returned in February. She suffers from multiple sclerosis and had a seizure behind the wheel on the day of the crash.

Her car has been cited four times for running red lights, as well as four times for speeding through a school zone, in the past two years. Bruns attempted to speed away from the scene but crashed into several cars and was stopped by witnesses.

Burns ran a red light on Monday, March 5, fatally hitting two children, Miles' daughter Abigail Blumenstein and one year old Joshua Lew. The two children were with their mothers at the time, heading home from a church event at the nearby community center. Miles wasin her 7th month of pregnancy and was brought to the hospital in critical condition.
    https://www.broadwayworld.com/articl...ghter-20180516
    "Don't trust nobody, and 'nobody' meaning Jay Leno in particular." -Chris Rock

That's so terrible, I don't even have words. How can this parents possibly overcome this tragedy?

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

Oh no! I came into this thread hoping to read that she'd been able to safely deliver...

That driver bitch needs to burn for this!
    rollo, deenz, weathered1 and 2 others like this.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

I can't even imagine the pain they must be going through, to lose both children in the space of a few months. I hope they can recover now and don't have anything more go wrong for them.
    fgg likes this.

Unbelievably sad and unfair.
    I have some famous friends and I have mostly not famous friends.

Heartbreaking. Just awful, and I don't know how they can cope with more loss.

This may kill her. You lose a child, it is a lifetime of grief. She now lost two barely months apart. My heart goes out to her. Devastated for her and her husband.

How unbearably sad.

Jesus, this story just gets worse and worse. My brain just cannot go there - I don't know how people make it through things like this. Those families, I just hurt for them.

Heartbreaking. I don't have any other words. Truly heartbreaking.

Quote Originally Posted by fgg View Post
    Driver Indicted in Brooklyn Accident That Killed Two Children, Including Broadway Star's Daughter

A Brooklyn grand jury had indicted Dorothy Bruns, the 44-year-old Staten Island driver involved in the fatal crash that killed two small children, including the daughter of Broadway star Ruthie Ann Miles.

A prosecution source tells PEOPLE Bruns was arraigned Thursday on charges of manslaughter, criminally negligent homicide and assault stemming from the March 5 crash that killed 4-year-old Abigail Blumenstein and 1-year-old Joshua Lew.

It was unclear if she entered pleas to the charges at her arraignment. It was also unclear immediately if she has a lawyer who could comment on her behalf.

Blumenstein was the daughter of Ruthie Ann Miles, a stage and television actress who won a Tony Award for her performance in the 2015 revival of The King and I.

Miles, who is pregnant, was also injured in the Park Slope crash. Her unborn child was unharmed.

Lew’s mother is Miles’ friend; Lew’s mother was also hospitalized after the crash.

The indictment was returned Wednesday evening.

Previously, sources within the New York Police Department told PEOPLE Bruns said she experienced a seizure as she approached the red light. The car slowly crept into the intersection before accelerating through the cluttered crosswalk, according to the sources.

The sources allege that after running the red light, Bruns allegedly continued down the street until crashing into some parked cars. Joshua Lew’s stroller was dragged halfway down the street with the boy in it, according to the sources.

Driver Indicted in Crash That Killed Daughter of Ruthie Ann Miles | PEOPLE.com
    I wonder if they'll add on to these charges now that she's unfortunately lost her baby?

I hope so. Throw the book at her.
    Kittylady, deenz, Sarzy and 2 others like this.
    I have some famous friends and I have mostly not famous friends.

this whole story is awful.
    if she's sick though i doubt they'll be able to charge her with much, and honestly, what difference does it make? it won't bring her kids back.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Though if she's having attacks that relatively frequently, I'd assume her doctors would have told her not to drive. In which case getting behind the wheel would be criminal negligence, no? Not to mention she apparently has a history of reckless driving
    Kittylady and weathered1 like this.

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    this whole story is awful.
    if she's sick though i doubt they'll be able to charge her with much, and honestly, what difference does it make? it won't bring her kids back.
    What I'd hope is that she'd get prison time and be forcibly taken off the road, because she seems to have been determined to continue driving despite it being unsafe.
    Serendipity likes this.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread Information