Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree67Likes

Thread: Britney Spears prepares for her third wedding

Quote Originally Posted by DeadDwarf View Post
    I'm not convinced she's schizophrenic. I totally think she's on some heavy meds and more than likely anti-psychotic medication. Her behavior seemed more noticeably erratic after the breakup with Justin and she must have been like 19 or so? That would be early for a female to exhibit schizophrenic symptoms (more like late 20's), not that it wouldn't or couldn't happen at that age though. I think most of us agree she was using drugs/alcohol in her early 20's and that is often used by people with mental illness to self-medicated. Her speech during interviews doesn't come off disconnected like a schizoprehnic.

If I had to guess I would say she's a severe bipolar, type I. Someone with that can have psychotic behavior during a manic episode and we all know she has had at least one of those (hello umbrella and shaved head). She could be on serious meds for that. IMO it explains her behavior and early onset better than schizophrenia. Schizoaffective disorder (bipolar with schizophrenic psychosis) could explain her behavior as well and developes during teen/early adulthood. I don't know though....
    This has pretty much been my position since I decided I was wrong about her just being a spoiled brat drug abuser. I've argued on GR before that she seems too high functioning to be schizophrenic. Aaaaannd that statement upset some folks so let me just say right now that there are some decently functioning schizophrenics out there, even a professor whom I've heard speak, but even he couldn't do interviews and tv shows and dance routines like Britney does.

Dunno if we're supposed to interpret the statement about her personality kind of literally and assume there's a personality disorder. Don't think she's cluster A - she'd have been far too weird to have ever been groomed into a pop star. Not a stretch to imagine she falls in cluster B - she could easily be histrionic, narcissistic or borderline.

I think she's Bipolar & has psychosis during episodes and maybe Borderline PD. Maybe she was delusional during the hostage incident, hell she could have had command hallucinations with Bipolar disorder. Sorry son, but the devil says I have to kill you
    "I've cautiously embraced jeggings"
    Emma Peel aka Pacific Breeze aka Wilde1 aka gogodancer aka maribou

Yip, yip, yip in your tiny indignation. Bark furiously on, lady dog.

Quote Originally Posted by Lobelia View Post
    Not a stretch to imagine she falls in cluster B - she could easily be histrionic, narcissistic or borderline.
    That's my vote. Specifically histrionic personality disorder, if I were forced to choose among the 3.
    “What are you looking at, sugar-tits?” - Mel Gibson

Any of those three combined with a nasty manic episode is a sure recipe for pink wig crazy.
    Bluebonnet likes this.

Judging by the promos from X-Factor, she can't sit there and be charming. She acts out of it and looks a hard 40 years old.

Then there were all the reports from the production about her barely being able to sit still, getting up and leaving frequently and requiring frequent coaching from her "fiance" to do the minimum amount of talking. I've already posted but a friend of mine went to a taping and said it was pathetic and disturbing.

Aaaaannd that statement upset some folks so let me just say right now that there are some decently functioning schizophrenics out there, even a professor whom I've heard speak, but even he couldn't do interviews and tv shows and dance routines like Britney does.
    The problem with that is that she doesn't do interviews, hasn't in years, and go check out youtube videos of her concerts to see that she doesn't do much of any dancing either. She just kind of moves vaguely around the stage while a troupe of dancers and lots of production cover up her deficits.
    "Don't trust nobody, and 'nobody' meaning Jay Leno in particular." -Chris Rock

We are all being conned. She is a shadow of her former self but the show shuffles on. How Simon Cowell must love his ratings.
    Kathie_Moffett likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by rollo View Post
    We are all being conned. She is a shadow of her former self but the show shuffles on. How Simon Cowell must love his ratings.

And she/her family must love the money they get from that show.
    rollo likes this.

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by BelledeJour View Post
    And she/her family must love the money they get from that show.
    They are trying to bring in cash while they can. Britney (as reported here) never accepted song writing credits for future royalties. She never strong armed writers to give up percentages (like Beyonce does with abandon.) She doesn't have any production credits or the possibility of future tours that earn many millions.

Britney lost a big pile of money during her mental crisis, some of it stolen. She owns houses that are currently valued at less than she paid. She has to pay KFed. Her father gave up his business to care for her and needs some reparation.

She will need constant care for the rest of her life. I don't blame her family one bit for trying to eke out some sort of performance from Britney to secure some funds while they can.
    Linne and Kathie_Moffett like this.
    CHILLY FREE!
    i have to zero the contain to your level -bugdoll
    you can't even be ogirinal - Mary

Quote Originally Posted by Lobelia View Post
    I think she's Bipolar & has psychosis during episodes and maybe Borderline PD. Maybe she was delusional during the hostage incident, hell she could have had command hallucinations with Bipolar disorder. Sorry son, but the devil says I have to kill you
    This makes the most sense to me. There's obviously a reason why K-Fed still has primary custody of the boys, and the ongoing (likely permanent) conservatorship. The pink-wig phase wasn't just a person high off the wagon, it was an extended manic episode. They can't risk her going off her meds, ever, or falling prey to the likes of someone like Sam Lutfi, ever again.

The Trawick thing is weird, though. It's pretty sad that the family has to buy her a husband/minder. I somehow doubt it's a real love connection for Britney either. She just takes her meds now and does what she's told.

I admit I'll be interested to see how she does on x-factor. I guess they have to find something to keep their little cash cow busy, but I can't imagine this will turn out well.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

Quote Originally Posted by olivia View Post
    They are trying to bring in cash while they can. Britney (as reported here) never accepted song writing credits for future royalties. She never strong armed writers to give up percentages (like Beyonce does with abandon.) She doesn't have any production credits or the possibility of future tours that earn many millions.

Britney lost a big pile of money during her mental crisis, some of it stolen. She owns houses that are currently valued at less than she paid. She has to pay KFed. Her father gave up his business to care for her and needs some reparation.

She will need constant care for the rest of her life. I don't blame her family one bit for trying to eke out some sort of performance from Britney to secure some funds while they can.
    This.
    She spent a lot of money on whims and lost a big chunk of her fortune during her pink wig era, so she has to secure some money in order to repair that, and for the future, her sons, Kfed, herself. I'm sure she's used to living in a certain way, despite not having sophisticated tastes in food and clothing

Also, I guess there are some long term contracts that she signed, for a certain number of records, and tours, and her people don't want her to get sued, so they are getting her to fullfill those obligations the best she can. Better than getting sued, or having to return $$$ advances, etc...

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

I think that they need to start thinking about winding her career up, cutting back her expenses as much as possible and then get her out of the spotlight to live on whatever she has left. Even after Sam Lufti and the other hangers on and the blowouts and everything else she should still have enough to have a good non-celeb style life. She might even have a better chance of recovery/stability if she's allowed to fade from the media glare.
    southernbelle likes this.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

^ Fat chance, she's got too many mouths to feed--her parents, her siblings, K-Fed and the kids...

Although if "celeb net worth" can be believed, she should already have enough to do that. They're now saying $200 mil, up from the $100 mil I've always heard.

Hard to believe she's still raking in this kind of change, wow:

Earnings according to Forbes: 2012: $58 million, 2010: $64 million, 2009: $35 million, 2001: $39.2 million

Britney Spears Net Worth 2012 | Celebrity Net Worth
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

Er, why should we care how much she needs to live on when we (the public) are funding it?

Plenty of people live beyond their means/have to support douches and hangers on and various kids and houses. Oh woe.
    d2791 and shedevilang like this.

A*O

Maybe she's one of those stoners who have psychotic breaks when they smoke too much "harmless" weed and her brain is now permanently fried.
    If all the women in this place were laid end to end, I wouldn’t be surprised - Dorothy Parker

Quote Originally Posted by NoNoRehab View Post
    Judging by the promos from X-Factor, she can't sit there and be charming. She acts out of it and looks a hard 40 years old.

Then there were all the reports from the production about her barely being able to sit still, getting up and leaving frequently and requiring frequent coaching from her "fiance" to do the minimum amount of talking. I've already posted but a friend of mine went to a taping and said it was pathetic and disturbing.

The problem with that is that she doesn't do interviews, hasn't in years, and go check out youtube videos of her concerts to see that she doesn't do much of any dancing either. She just kind of moves vaguely around the stage while a troupe of dancers and lots of production cover up her deficits.
    I haven't kept up with her much, so you may be right. I've pretty much just gaped at pictures of her craptacular weaves for a couple years. I've also just assumed that she had *some* level of capability if she was hired for that show, right? Surely there was some level of investigation & interviewing before a massive amount of money was plunked down....? Surely they're not that stupid? If not, somebody's got some 'splainin' to do...

Or maybe they figured she'd bring in viewers even if she was catatonic.

Britney Spears' ex-manager asks judge to subpoena singer at defamation hearing next month

By Mike Larkin

PUBLISHED: 06:07, 1 September 2012 | UPDATED: 07:09, 1 September 2012
    Under conservatorship: Britney Spears' ex-manager argues her X Factor role shows she's able to give testimony

She is preparing to appear as a judge in front of millions in the revamped X Factor USA.

And now Britney Spears' former manager Sam Lutfi - who sued the star in 2009 claiming breach of contract and defamation - is trying to force the star testify at the upcoming hearing on the basis of her turn on the TV talent show.

Lutfi, who filed suit against Spears and her parents, James and Lynne Spears, is preparing to go to trial this autumn.

And since his former client is raking in $15million to star alongside Simon Cowell on the Fox show, the talent manager claims she is competent enough to testify in court, according to TMZ.

Lutfi filed papers at Los Angeles County Superior Court on Thursday, asking a judge to request Britney's conservators make her available as a witness, the website reports.

He is believed to want to see the Toxic singer grilled about alleged defamatory statements her parents made about him, including claims he drugged her and cut her phone wires to keep her away from her family.

He is also believed to want the 30-year-old star questioned about an alleged management contract guaranteeing him a slice of her fortune.

According to the filing, Spears' conservators argued she is not mentally competent enough to testify as a witness.

Lutfi is said to have included a DVD of Britney on the show in order to prove that's not the case, arguing the footage shows Spears is both articulate and competent, and should thus be capable of giving testimony.

Old acquaintance: Spears was sued in 2009 by her former manager Sam Lutfi, left with the singer in 2008. Lutfi claimed breach of contract and defamation

A hearing is scheduled for September 25, and a judge has yet to rule on the request.

Lutfi's filings mark the latest skirmish in a legal battle that has been going on between Spears and her former manager for years.

In April, her conservators filed legal papers demanding Lutfi hand over $121,000 in fees for work done obtaining a restraining order against him.

The sum had already been awarded, but a payout was put on hold until his appeal against the decision was heard.

Ready to stand up in court? Spears next month will star on TV talent show X Factor, appearing alongside (L-R) L.A. Reid, Demi Lovato and Simon Cowell

Court documents stated: 'Although the requested fees and costs may be greater than is typically associated with the grant of restraining orders, this was a complex and highly contested matter.'

In July a judge ordered Lutfi pay the entertainer's estate $92,845 in attorneys' fees.

Spears' sizable assets were placed under the control of a conservatorship managed by her father and her lawyer, following her mental meltdown and subsequent sectioning in 2008.

Due to her mental health issues, it was necessary for her to get approval from the court to join the hit talent show, set to premiere with Spears on the judging panel alongside L.A. Reid, Demi Lovato and Simon Cowell on September 12.

Read more: Britney Spears' ex-manager Sam Lutfi asks judge to subpoena singer at defamation hearing next month | Mail Online

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information