Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree67Likes

Thread: Britney Spears prepares for her third wedding

Quote Originally Posted by dallison View Post
    Maybe it is because I am extremely protective of my brother in law and a close family friend, who both have schizophrenia... But to me the supposed fact that
    she "can't" be public about her medical issue is more sad and upsetting than her having one is. No one would judge if she had cancer or Parkinson's. But an apparent mental health issue? Well suddenly there is something "wrong" with her and she needs to hide.
    This. GMAFB. Hiding mental illness is so nineteenth century. I hate that! It is hard enough to be mentally ill without having to hide in shame and fear!!! Time for the ignorance and shitty attitudes surrounding this subject to freaking die already.

For a star of Britney's magnitude to admit that she is schizophrenic would do so much for others suffering from this terrible illness. I mean, I know we make fun of her here, but look at what she has actually achieved in her life. She could really be an inspiration. She and her family could spearhead (pun unintentional I swear) a powerful movement to raise awareness, compassion and understanding.

If, of course, they gave a shit.

And yes, it's truly sad. I have come around to agreeing on the schizophrenic guess, in part 'cause, far as I know, it's antipsychotic drugs that can give a person that dead-eyed, slightly somnambulistic look Britney often has these days. Plus, the way she seems to have lost some of her former agility, coordination and dancing ability (despite being obviously fit) is also characteristic of those drugs. An old friend of mine who became schizophrenic in his early 20s finally found a med that did great things for his mental issues, but it wreaked havoc with his balance and made him walk like a drunk Sasquatch, as he put it.

It is cool that she seems to have responded so well to treatment. As I think I've posted elsewhere, I've known schizophrenics who just never responded to any meds, ever, and had to be hospitalized their whole lives. Now that is tragic. Britney's one of the lucky ones and honestly, I am glad for her and her adorable boys. (They are so stinkin' cute!!!) I hope the Trawick dude is nice to her.
    Bluebonnet and Mrs P like this.
    Did you know that every time a parent gives in to their kid's whines and buys them candy at the checkout lane, a kitten gets diabetes?-Dlisted
    I dislike groups of people, but I love individuals. Every person you look at, you can see the universe in their eyes, if you're really looking.
    -George Carlin

A*O

It's more likely her hillbilly family and entourage don't want us to know Brit is a skitzo y'all because it will be a seen as a 'negative', her career will tank again and the $$$$$ will stop rolling in. There is still an awful lot of ignorance and prejudice about mental illness.
    If all the women in this place were laid end to end, I wouldn’t be surprised - Dorothy Parker

But how would being schizophrenic and the public knowing put Britters in "immediate danger"?
    What do we want?
    EVIDENCE BASED SCIENCE
    When do we want it?
    AFTER PEER REVIEW

I think she did something to one of the kids while in a state. Remember how the police were called and she got carted off to the hospital because she was holding one of them hostage in a bathroom? Then later during there was a thing with her lawyers similar to this where they insisted the younger kid's records needed to be sealed because they would be damaging or whatever if made public.
    rollo likes this.
    "Don't trust nobody, and 'nobody' meaning Jay Leno in particular." -Chris Rock

Like, she sexually assaulted Jayden and/or Sean? But that wouldn't be in her medical records, would it? It would be a criminal record?

I don't know - this whole thing smells like bullshit to me. I suspect she's fine now and they're maintaining the conservatorship so she won't have to deal with stress like the lawsuit by that prick who was drugging her (Sam something?)
    What do we want?
    EVIDENCE BASED SCIENCE
    When do we want it?
    AFTER PEER REVIEW

Bronze Member

We will never know, unless these court records are unsealed or someone writes a tell all. Maybe the next, "Mommie Dearest", will be written by Jayden James.

Maybe it is because I am extremely protective of my brother in law and a close family friend, who both have schizophrenia... But to me the supposed fact that
    she "can't" be public about her medical issue is more sad and upsetting than her having one is. No one would judge if she had cancer or Parkinson's. But an apparent mental health issue? Well suddenly there is something "wrong" with her and she needs to hide.
    This is sadly true. Mental illness is judged too harshly and I think it's because the ignorant public is "scared" of mental/emotional issues so therefore, they demonize it.

Even people with basic clinical depression are met with snickers and eye rolls from many. Those with bi-polar, let alone, schizophrenia, are rejected even more.

Has anyone seen that commercial with Glen Close and her bi-polar sister, advocating support for those with mental illness? It's very postiive.

I've always thought she has schizoeffective disorder.

and yes, the judgment of the mentally ill is sad and ignorant. and like A*O said above, they want to keep it quiet because it will make her unhireable. That's the danger it poses. The stigma that goes with the sickness.

So many people take drugs for mental issues, yet illness is still mocked, dismissed, etc.

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

Quote Originally Posted by mjw View Post
    Her hair is the least of her problems.
    bullshit that is her major problem, cause it drives me up the damn wall.
    Yes that is sad and also ignorant in my opinion, if she has something wrong with her like that just be honest about it people will understand this is not 1723 we ain't gonna lock her ass up and throw away the key. Even if it is what I want to do to her weave.
    Quote Originally Posted by rollo View Post
    ^ The judging is because of her previous lifestyle. I know some people think it is not connected but it couldn't have helped and it went way beyond 'self-medication.'

So she can still marry one of her conservators even though she can't think rationally?
    I agree it couldn't have helped but I think she had some underlying issues(yes you can all say what you want I have changed my mind a tinee tinee bit.) way before she started drugging and boozing it up. I DO agree that her drug use made whatever she has going on worse. I would like to state that I did as a matter of fact get my medical degree from the Rolling Stone school of utter bullshit btw.
    Bluebonnet and Kathie_Moffett like this.
    Silly bitches, twitchy links are NOT for kids!-Mel

Quote Originally Posted by shedevilang View Post
    I agree it couldn't have helped but I think she had some underlying issues(yes you can all say what you want I have changed my mind a tinee tinee bit.) way before she started drugging and boozing it up. I DO agree that her drug use made whatever she has going on worse. I would like to state that I did as a matter of fact get my medical degree from the Rolling Stone school of utter bullshit btw.
    Lol, Same graduating class as Dr. John.

I agree with you about her having issues that predate the drugs. Drugs and mental illness often go hand in hand, and the mental illness can be driving the drug abuse.

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Kat Scorp View Post
    Like, she sexually assaulted Jayden and/or Sean? But that wouldn't be in her medical records, would it? It would be a criminal record?
    I don't think sexual assualt but there was an incident with the kids in a hotel room that was reported and hushed up and of course there are all the pics of her driving them around town from gas station to gas station at all hours. Maybe losing her temper or an injury or putting them in even more danger than we know about would lose her a lot of fans who somehow think she is back to raising them herself.

^^ now that you mention it, remember one of the times when she went to the ER and it was reported that Britney was sexually assaulted? Then it was hushed up real quick and/or sorta said to be false. But IIRC, the source on that was someone who was AT the hospital at the time.

I hope it isn't true. But if it were, and it came out, perhaps that's how Britney would be in 'immediate danger'? Of retribution by the person who did it? Or something.

Its an awful horrible thought and a stretch but.. there-ya-go.

Quote Originally Posted by Cali View Post
    ^^ now that you mention it, remember one of the times when she went to the ER and it was reported that Britney was sexually assaulted? Then it was hushed up real quick and/or sorta said to be false. But IIRC, the source on that was someone who was AT the hospital at the time.

I hope it isn't true. But if it were, and it came out, perhaps that's how Britney would be in 'immediate danger'? Of retribution by the person who did it? Or something.

Its an awful horrible thought and a stretch but.. there-ya-go.
    Ohhhhh yes, I do remember that now! That was when she was really running amok and getting herself into some bad/risky situations with guys like Sam Lufti (and I am sure, worse.) I could see the sexual assault incident having something to do with it.
    Did you know that every time a parent gives in to their kid's whines and buys them candy at the checkout lane, a kitten gets diabetes?-Dlisted
    I dislike groups of people, but I love individuals. Every person you look at, you can see the universe in their eyes, if you're really looking.
    -George Carlin

.. on a (somewhat) lighter note, I still wonder whatever happened to her dog London. If during her meltdown she hurt that dog, I could see how that could cause her to be in 'immediate danger' too, from angry people.

London just disappeared- poof!

Not sexual assault, but maybe she physically harmed one of the kids during a bad episode. Remember CPS got called on her first because one of the kids got a skull fracture and the doctors thought her story about him falling from a highchair was suspicious. Or one of the kids got harmed through neglect.
    rollo likes this.
    "Don't trust nobody, and 'nobody' meaning Jay Leno in particular." -Chris Rock

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information