Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree67Likes

Thread: Britney Spears prepares for her third wedding

Quote Originally Posted by stef View Post
    this! seriously, how can she even marry while still being under coservatorship? her co-conservator at that! how can that be legal?
    Reaching back to my law school days (long, long ago), my impression is that the mental status requirements for marriage are not particularly stringent.
    Brookie likes this.

^^ that is sad and dangerous. even if trewick wasn't her co-conservator - how fucked up is it that her father can actually make the decision to marry someone for her. if you're not competent enough to make that decision on you own, then no one else should be.

rollo, you're right, who would bring it...
    "This is not meant to be at all offensive: You suffer from diarrhea of the mouth but constipation of the brain." - McJag

Quote Originally Posted by coolade View Post
    She needs to use some of that money and do something about her hair.
    Instead she goes spends her money on 1000 bottles of spring water to bath in. Ridiculous!

mjw
    Elite Member

Her hair is the least of her problems.
    MsChiff likes this.

Silver Member

What an unbelievable and stupid waste of money. It's really obscene, especially since she'll still look just as awful as usual.

As long as people pay to watch her shuffling around, she'll have that kind of money.

mjw
    Elite Member

BRITNEY SPEARS
    'Medical Issue'
    Is Behind Conservatorship

There's a reason Britney Spears' conservatorship has lasted 4 1/2 years with no end in sight -- it's because she has a serious medical issue that prevents her from making consistently sound decisions ... TMZ has learned.

Documents were filed Tuesday in the conservatorship case, urgently asking the judge to seal certain records. In the papers, lawyers for the conservators called the records "highly sensitive," adding "irreparable harm and immediate danger" would befall Britney if the documents weren't sealed.

Multiple sources with firsthand knowledge tell TMZ ... the records are medical documents outlining Britney's condition and treatment.

We're told the singer has a disorder affecting her personality that can affect her state of mind. We're told she is doing "extremely well" but needs the safety net of a conservatorship.

Sources tell us there is no plan to end the conservatorship, and the judge is completely down with it.

FYI ... there are 2 components of the conservatorship -- the personal and the business. The personal conservatorship allows Jamie Spears and Jason Trawick to make life decisions for her. The business conservatorship involves managing Britney's career and fortune. As for the business side, we're told it will probably go on indefinitely because it has been incredibly successful.

Read more: Britney Spears -- 'Medical Issue' Is Behind Conservatorship | TMZ.com

^ god that is really sad

Quote Originally Posted by mjw View Post
    We're told the singer has a disorder affecting her personality that can affect her state of mind.
    So she has a personality disorder. I'm not sure that's a shock for anyone that saw her have that spectacular head-shaving, pink wig meltdown.
    Novice likes this.
    “What are you looking at, sugar-tits?” - Mel Gibson

So, let's make her a judge on the XFactor.
    rollo likes this.
    RELIGION: Treat it like it's your genitalia. Don't show it off in public, and don't shove it down your children's throats.

A*O

I vote schizophrenia.
    card likes this.
    If all the women in this place were laid end to end, I wouldn’t be surprised - Dorothy Parker

Quote Originally Posted by A*O View Post
    I vote schizophrenia.
    Yeah, that's my guess. Bi-polar is too common, it wouldn't cause "irreparable harm" to her image, since so many have admitted to having bi-polar disorder. Schizophrenia is a whole other ballgame. I'll bet it's that, also. Sad.
    Bluebonnet likes this.

Maybe it is because I am extremely protective of my brother in law and a close family friend, who both have schizophrenia... But to me the supposed fact that
    she "can't" be public about her medical issue is more sad and upsetting than her having one is. No one would judge if she had cancer or Parkinson's. But an apparent mental health issue? Well suddenly there is something "wrong" with her and she needs to hide.

^ The judging is because of her previous lifestyle. I know some people think it is not connected but it couldn't have helped and it went way beyond 'self-medication.'

So she can still marry one of her conservators even though she can't think rationally?

Elite Member

This is incredibly sad but there is one issue that I don't quite understand. In the TMZ post, it stated that she would be in 'immediate danger' if the records weren't sealed and therefore made public; how would this be so if she has a personality disorder?

It's terrible that the public would judge her for having severe mental health issues and I can totally undestand her lawyers' concern that her reputation would be damaged - even though I think the current treatment of those with mental health issues is unbelievably sad, abhorrent even, and society really needs to change how it deals with these issues - but how would she be in 'immediate danger'? Perhaps she did something whilst having a breakdown that would seriously piss people off? I just feel like I'm either missing something or am putting 2 and 2 together and making 56million.
    Last edited by roslyntaberfan; August 24th, 2012 at 04:46 AM. Reason: Typo
    Kathie_Moffett likes this.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information