Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 789101112 LastLast

Thread: Britney Spears' parents go to court to get conservatorship over Britney

Those lawyers were ready to dump her ass. They didn't want to be her legal counsel any longer. Why don't they walk now while they have the chance?

^^Yeah, good points. Who knows what's going on with the Trope firm, why they're suddenly clinging to the case when they had filed to be removed as her lawyers.

And what's this guy have to do with it? Wonder why the Trope firm just subpeonaed him?

New Subpoena in Brit Case

Posted Feb 4th 2008 6:44PM by TMZ Staff
    The man hired by Mark Vincent Kaplan (K-Daddy's lawyer) to field media calls has been subpoenaed in the Britney Spears case.

The subpoena subject -- PR guru Michael Sands. Everyone, including Sands' personal lawyer, Randolph W. Wright, is mum on the nature of the subpoena, however, one source says it is "substantial."

Britney's lawyers, Trope and Trope, drafted the subpoena. Expect a dogfight over whether the info Sands has is protected by the attorney-client privilege.

Damn this stuff is juicy! Can't wait to see what happens next. Oh and poor Brit and all that.
    I smile because I have no idea what's going on

So her parents are putting GPS systems on all of her cars, do you think she knows this? They can legally do this now, I wonder if this is how they plan on keeping track of her, I wonder how well treatment is going?

Quote Originally Posted by ArmyWifey View Post
    So her parents are putting GPS systems on all of her cars, do you think she knows this? They can legally do this now, I wonder if this is how they plan on keeping track of her, I wonder how well treatment is going?
    I was thinking this might be more to find the cars in case Sam takes one, so they can have him arrested. Or if, God forbid, she gets out of the hospital and takes up with him again.

The funny thing about this supposed GPS being put on her car is that x17 were in a helicopter, and not one picture of it actually happeneing.

There is a man in the garden with meters of electrical cord or piping near the cars, but that doesn't need to be installed for a GPS.
    ssabmud

Quote Originally Posted by Calimoonchild View Post
    I was thinking this might be more to find the cars in case Sam takes one, so they can have him arrested. Or if, God forbid, she gets out of the hospital and takes up with him again.
    I was just wondering what Sam IS driving around in?

I suppose he's got himself a solid retirement fund that he's managed to loot from Brit.

Still no sympathy for her though. Must just be that crazy part of me that feels terrible about HER CHILDREN!
    vaya con dios

Brit's Family to Wasser: Come Back!!
    Posted Feb 7th 2008 1:43PM by TMZ Staff
    TMZ has learned disso queen Laura Wasser paid a secret visit at the UCLA psych ward last Tuesday, and the family wants Laura back as Brit's custody attorney.

Wasser, who repped Brit in the divorce, quit the case -- we're told because Britney wouldn't listen to her. But sources say Jamie and Lynne want her back.

TMZ knows Jamie wants to 86 Trope and Trope as Brit's reps, in part because they have been chummy with Sam Lutfi. People at UCLA say Britney "lit up" when she saw Wasser. But there's a hitch -- we're told the deal will be sealed ONLY if Britney doesn't fight the conservatorship. As of Tuesday, she was fine letting Jamie call the shots, but it looks like that's changed.

If Brit accepts the conservatorship and Jamie is at the reins, Laura Wasser could be back in the Britney business.

Brit's Family to Wasser: Come Back!! - TMZ.com - Entertainment News, Celebrity Gossip and Hollywood Rumors
    "In an underdeveloped country don't drink the water. In a developed country don't breathe the air." - Jonathan Raban.

Brit's Attorney is Out!
    Posted Feb 7th 2008 3:06PM by TMZ Staff
    TMZ just received the following statement from Brit's attorney Adam Streisand:

"At the request of Britney Spears, Adam Streisand, a Partner at Loeb & Loeb LLP, met with her yesterday to discuss her legal rights in connection with the conservatorship over her person and estate. Following that meeting, Mr. Streisand learned that the court had issued orders that prevent Ms. Spears from retaining counsel of her own choosing, and on that basis, Mr.Streisand has decided he will not represent her at this time."

Brit's Attorney is Out! - TMZ.com - Entertainment News, Celebrity Gossip and Hollywood Rumors
    "In an underdeveloped country don't drink the water. In a developed country don't breathe the air." - Jonathan Raban.

All of this is so confusing. What are all these lawyers going to do?

Just lock her away until she comes to her senses!
    Hello mother fucker! when you ask a question read also the answer instead of asking another question on an answer who already contain the answer of your next question!
    -Bugdoll-

We'd never see her again.

Quote Originally Posted by Beeyotch View Post
    And what's this guy have to do with it? Wonder why the Trope firm just subpeonaed him?

New Subpoena in Brit Case

Posted Feb 4th 2008 6:44PM by TMZ Staff
    The man hired by Mark Vincent Kaplan (K-Daddy's lawyer) to field media calls has been subpoenaed in the Britney Spears case.

The subpoena subject -- PR guru Michael Sands. Everyone, including Sands' personal lawyer, Randolph W. Wright, is mum on the nature of the subpoena, however, one source says it is "substantial."

Britney's lawyers, Trope and Trope, drafted the subpoena. Expect a dogfight over whether the info Sands has is protected by the attorney-client privilege.
    This is also the guy who Sam Lutfi just hired to help with his "image." He doesn't work for K-Fed's lawyer anymore.

I watched the video interview with him that was posted on Perez. He's a strange one...in fact I find it hard to believe anyone would hire him as a media consultant, because he just babbles on and on and makes no sense at all. He kept calling Sam "squeaky clean."

Britney was locked inside her Beverly Hills home yesterday, where she remained for over 24 hours -- something that hasn't happened for ages.
    X17 has learned that both Lynne and Jamie are living with their troubled daughter now, trying to establish a sense of order. Apparently, they're working hard to keep a tight reign on Britney, which includes deciding whom she can and can't see.
    As conservator, Jamie has the right to decide who visits Britney, which might be one of the reasons Alli pulled a u-turn on the way to Brit's house yesterday. After all, Alli is friends with Sam, so Jamie might be understandably concerned about opening up a path of communication with the man who's been ordered to stay away from Britney.
    In fact, the only person allowed into her house yesterday was this woman (video below) whom Jamie picked up and brought in himself.
    It looks as if Britney's parents are working together to re-establish some sort of order in their daughter's life (which had been spinning out of control). But is complete control the answer? I guess we'll have to wait and see!

Britney Spears Photos & Pics | Britney's Parents Take Control

Friend of Gossip Rocks! buttmunch's Avatar

I'll take a stab that the woman enteringthe house is a shrink.
    'Those who sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither.' Ben Franklin

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    --Sinclair Lewis

I hope Britney leave her dad in charge (for now) and agrees to hir back Laura Wasser. Things were much better when she was around.

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 789101112 LastLast

Thread Information