Page 9 of 472 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131959109 ... LastLast

Thread: The Britney Spears meltdown thread - for her small, everyday missteps

Quote Originally Posted by pacific breeze View Post
    That's pure speculation, of course. I doubt she'd be into sharing any drugs with her kids or anyone else. .
    This is all speculation. We know.

pretending to be a lurker but I'm not quiet enough

Guys, check this out and tell me it doesn't fit Brit. I bolded the parts that totally mirror her current behaviour.

*disclaimer I am not a lisenced medical professional*

Histrionic Personality Disorder

Definition

The word personality describes deeply ingrained patterns of behavior and the manner in which individuals perceive, relate to, and think about themselves and their world. Personality traits are conspicuous features of personality and are not necessarily pathological, although certain styles of personality may cause interpersonal problems.
    Personality disorders, though, are rigid, inflexible and maladaptive, causing impairment in functioning or internal distress. A personality disorder is an enduring pattern of inner experience and behavior that deviates markedly from the expectations of the individual's culture, is pervasive and inflexible, has an onset in adolescence or early adulthood, is stable over time and leads to distress or impairment.

Individuals with Histrionic Personality Disorder exhibit excessive emotionalism--a tendency to regard things in an emotional manner--and are attention seekers. Behaviors may include constant seeking of approval or attention, self-dramatization, theatricality, and striking self-centeredness or sexual seductiveness in inappropriate situations, including social, occupational and professional relationships beyond what is appropriate for the social context. They may be lively and dramatic and initially charm new acquaintances by their enthusiasm, apparent openness, or flirtatiousness. They commandeer the role of "the life of the party". Personal interests and conversation will be self-focused. They use physical appearance to draw attention to themselves. Their style of speech is excessively impressionistic and lacking in detail. They may do well with jobs that value and require imagination and creativity but will probably have difficulty with tasks that demand logical or analytical thinking. The disorder occurs more frequently in women though that may be because it is more often diagnosed in women.

Symptoms
    • Constantly seeking reassurance or approval
    • Excessive dramatics with exaggerated displays of emotion
    • Excessive sensitivity to criticism or disapproval
    • Inappropriately seductive appearance or behavior
    • Overly concerned with physical appearance
    • Tendency to believe that relationships are more intimate than they actually are
    • Self-centeredness, uncomfortable when not the center of attention
    • Low tolerance for frustration or delayed gratification
    • Rapidly shifting emotional states that appear shallow to others
    • Opinions are easily influenced by other people, but difficult to back up with details
    Causes
    The cause of this disorder is unknown, but childhood events and genetics may both be involved. It occurs more frequently in women than in men, although some feel it is simply more often diagnosed in women because attention seeking and sexual forwardness are less socially acceptable for women than for men. People with this disorder are usually able to function at a high level and can be successful socially and at work. They may seek treatment for depression when romantic relationships end. They often fail to see their own situation realistically, instead tending to overdramatize and exaggerate. Responsibility for failure or disappointment is usually blamed on others. Because they tend to crave novelty and excitement, they may place themselves in risky situations. All of these factors may lead to greater risk of developing depression.
    Diagnostic Evaluation
    A diagnosis can be made by knowing the patient's history and by doing a psychological examination.
    Individual displays five or more of the following criteria:
    • Is uncomfortable in situations in which he or she is not the center of attention
    • Interaction with others is often characterized by inappropriate sexually seductive or provocative behavior
    • Displays rapidly shifting and shallow expression of emotions
    • Consistently uses physical appearance to draw attention to self
    • Has a style of speech that is excessively impressionistic and lacking in detail
    • Shows self-dramatization, theatricality and exaggerated expression of emotion
    • Is suggestible, that is, easily influenced by others or circumstances
    • Considers relationships to be more intimate than they actually are.
    Treatment
    Patients often seek treatment for depression associated with dissolved romantic relationships. Medication may be helpful with symptoms such as depression. Psychotherapy may also be of benefit.
    Medication
    Concomitant symptoms, such as depression, may be treated with medication but not for long durations because of the potential for abuse.
    Prognosis
    Histrionic personality disorder does not usually affect the person's ability to function adequately in a superficial work or social environment. However, problems often arise in more intimate relationships, where deeper involvements are required.
    Sources:
    • American Psychiatric Association
    • Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders, Fourth Edition, Revised
    • National Institutes of Health, National Library of Medicine
    source:
    Psychology Today's Diagnosis Dictionary: Histrionic Personality Disorder

If you think it's crazy, you ain't seen a thing. Just wait until we're goin down in flames.

Quote Originally Posted by MissDecember View Post
    There's no doubt that those boys are LESS endangered by being with Federscum. But I still wouldn't nominate him for Father of the Year.
    You really think he's completely sober at all times when he's parenting those boys? I don't. I know that smoking pot is the most socially sanctioned of all drugs and people have a relaxed attitude about its use, but I just have my doubts as to its enhancement of parenting skills and responsibility/alertness. I know that if *I* had a child I'd never allow him or her to be left in the care of an intoxicated/buzzed/stoned person. Maybe I'm just uptight?
    maybe Kfed is the lesser of the two evils
    poor little kids, so much drama in their short lives.
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

Quote Originally Posted by Sm0kah0ntas View Post
    Aaawwlll... po' baby! I've said numerous times that Brit Brit should have a psych evaluation before she goes the Anna Nicole route. I hope she gets the help she needs & eventually get her children back from K-dunce the only bum walkin' around with a false sense of accomplishment.
    While I want her to recover, I hope she never sees those poor babies again! K-Fed clearly isn't the perfect parent, but he's a hell of a better, and safer than Shitney!
    President Barack Obama
    Sounds amazing, doesn't it?

Kevin might be a pothead, but really what other alternatives do the boys have? They had Lynne, but she's proving to be far less credible because of the mess she let Jamie Lynne get into.. obviously not paying attention to her OWN kids if she let a 16 year old cohabitate with a 20 year old and get knocked up.

I agree that I'd take a stoner father over a cracked-out, attention whore mother any day.

It remains to be seen if Kevin IS the more fit parent.. who knows? maybe he'll end up fucking up worse than Britney ever did in the future.. but for the time being, Kevin is without a doubt the best and safest option for these kids.

ETA:

Mooms, I've posted something like that before.. it really IS like Britney is the textbook example of a nutcase.

who knows, maybe Jamie Lynn can raise them with her kidling.
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

Hit By Ban Bus!

Quote Originally Posted by msdebagain View Post
    maybe Kfed is the lesser of the two evils
    poor little kids, so much drama in their short lives.
    Yeah, they sooooo did not get the Cleavers for parents, did they?

The cause of this disorder is unknown, but childhood events and genetics may both be involved.
    The Spears' in-bred family tree finally produced the biggest nut on the branch. Britney.

I'd rather leave my kids with someone who smokes pots to unwind than with someone who drinks or smokes cigarettes, both perfectly legal.

Most habitual pot users don't go around acting like Jay and Silent Bob. If you do it as a habit, pretty quickly you don't get stupid stoned, you just get a buzz like one after having a couple of drinks. You'd be surprised at how many people in high pressure jobs smoke it for that reason: I used to know a bunch of lawyers that preferred toking a lot more than drinking. They'd light up on weekends and you couldn't tell they were stoned. They'd just nurse a joint over a couple of hours while watching a movie or hanging out, then go to bed.

They were a lot more calm than the assholes who hit the bars every weekend and would get plastered.

TMZ reports :

UPDATE: Britney has arrived at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center. We're told as she was brought out of the ambulance, she flipped off the waiting paparazzi. Oh my god that Britney's shameless

tmz.com
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

Remember back when Sean Preston was born/a baby and she was the only one taking care of that boy and the idiot was out getting stoned and missing in action, and everyone said she was the good parent and he was the horrible one?

They are both horrible parents. It doesn't matter if one is less horrible. Those kids need to be given to good people

The eyes have it

She flipped off the paps?- she could have ignored them but no had to get some more attention as if the ambulance and the incident with her son weren't enough

At the risk of sounding like the board stoner, what NNR says is true: if you habitually smoke it, you become more and more adjusted to the side effects. Before some of you go chewing my head off, it IS possible to have an adverse reaction, but they're rare in most cases.

I think that someone can be a lot more destructive if they're under the influence of alcohol or some other substance than if they were under the influence of marijuana.

Ok... back to your regularly scheduled hate fest.

Hit By Ban Bus!

Quote Originally Posted by NoNoRehab View Post
    I'd rather leave my kids with someone who smokes pots to unwind than with someone who drinks or smokes cigarettes, both perfectly legal.
    I wouldn't leave my kids with somebody who did any of those three.
    I feel the same way as you about cigarettes and alcohol.

Quote Originally Posted by kingcap72 View Post
    The Spears' in-bred family tree finally produced the biggest nut on the branch. Britney.
    Yes the amazing Spears nut tree...twisted trunk with not a single branch on it. Produces noxious malformed nuts that are toxic to humans and any wildlife.
    Don't slap me, cause I'm not in the mood!

Thread Information