Page 9 of 21 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast

Thread: Britney Spears has been released from UCLA psych ward

Quote Originally Posted by CCkissesx View Post
    I just don't get why Britney doesn't get it?

It makes me question whether she really is that ill she doesn't get the gravity of the situation, or whether she's not really that ill at all and doesn't understand why people want to help her.
    It's a difficult question. I'd vote for number one since I think she really is crazy. My ex was like that. I dunno if he was bipolar or what, but he'd try to kill himself periodically. I'd 5150 him, and then he'd get out and it'd start all over again. Last time, I had to break down his apt. door. Luckily the manager preferred that to a dead tenant, so I wasn't charged. Finally I just cut all ties. It's the hardest thing, to just let someone go to their fate.

Of course, the fucker survived and lives to this day, 11 years later. So those of you who are cynical about Britney's attention-whoring ways, no matter HOW insane she really is, have a point. Remove the audience, that's the real test.

I think they took the cars away as evidence; or just 'cause they needed repairs. Or both.

Well, I'm extremely sick, so I doubt I'll sleep tonight. Go, Britney! Wreak havoc. I need a distraction.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathie_Moffett View Post
    Well, I'm extremely sick, so I doubt I'll sleep tonight. Go, Britney! Wreak havoc. I need a distraction.
    I'm sorry you're sick! That sucks. I hope you feel better soon!

Britney is kinda underground it seems? That could be good or bad: she's either under her father's control or she's 30 minutes from the Mexican border and a quickie marriage to Adnan.

From OK magazine:

"Around 4:40 p.m. PT, a little over an hour after Britney Spears and her caravan of paparazzi pulled into the Beverly Hills Hotel, the troubled singer's boyfriend, photographer Adnan Ghalib, was spotted arriving at the posh palace in his Mercedes convertible and being rushed up to Britney's room by security guards.

Adnan's arrival puts to rest, for the moment at least, rumors that Brit was planning on meeting her "friend" Sam Lutfi at the hotel. Last Friday, a restraining order was issued against Sam, who claims to control all aspects of Britney's life, forbidding him from having any contact with the singer.

UPDATE: At 4:47 p.m. PT, six LAPD officers arrived at the hotel. According to sources, the police are awaiting the arrival of Britney's parents with the intention of taking the pop star back to the hospital.

UPDATE: At 5:05 p.m. PT, an LAPD officer confirmed to OK! that Britney was secreted out of the Beverly Hills Hotel in Adnan's car. While there is much speculation that she will be returning to the hospital tonight, the police would neither confirm nor deny this rumor. Minutes later, the pair were spotted driving along Santa Monica Blvd.

UPDATE: Around 5:20, Britney and Adnan arrived at a office building on Santa Monica Blvd. Adam Streisand, the lawyer who Brit tried to hire over the weekend, has an office in that building and it's believed that's where the pair are now.

UPDATE: Sources tell OK! that sometime around 7:00pm PT, Britney managed to sneak out of Streisand's office building and return to the Beverly Hills Hotel! According to the source, a paparazzo from Adnan's former agency FinalPixx snuck them out of the building by hiding Adnan and Brit under a black blanket in the back of his car.

Back at the Beverly Hills Hotel, several of the police who were there earlier remain on the grounds as do a number of bodyguards who are keeping watch in the hotel's parking garage.

UPDATE
    : Shortly before 9:00pm PT, Brit's father Jamie Spears arrived at the Beverly Hills Hotel. According to eyewitnesses, Jamie has talked to the hotel's concierge and is currently waiting in the lobby. "He looks very tired," one witness tells OK!. "It looks like he just wants someone to help him out."

A few minutes later, Jamie was approached by the concierge and a pair of men who may have been plainclothes police officers or hotel security officials, who led him to a private conference room, where Brit's father showed them what appear to be legal documents. Sources are telling OK! that Jamie is likely asking for the hotel's cooperation in getting his daughter back to her home.

UPDATE: Around 9:20pm PT, more police arrived at the Beverly Hills Hotel and begin gathering in the lobby, outside in the valet parking area and upstairs on the second floor of the hotel, where sources tell OK! Britney and Adnan are currently holed up.

UPDATE:
    At 9:30pm PT, Jamie Spears entered Britney's room with what is believed to be legal documents in his hand. Meanwhile, down in the hotel's private parking garage, a number of hotel guards are keeping watch on Brit's Mercedes."

OK! Magazine - First for Celebrity News - Britney Back in Adnan's Arms €” for Now

ah feck. It seems like more shit is going down. Seriously, why can't she decompensate during daylight horus? Its always after midnight.

" X17 XCLUSIVE - TROUBLE AGAIN AT BRITNEY'S HOUSE HOT LINKS : Britney Spears
    Britney's back at her Beverly Hills home now after an afternoon of running around LA.
    Britney, Adnan, Jamie, and Lynne are all inside.
    An X17 photographer drove Britney and Adnan back home from a restaurant in the Valley and when they arrived at the Summit gate, Brit got nervous and wanted to leave. Apparently the family wants to get her back into treatment.
    Is this a second intervention? Will Brit go willingly?

Oh boy, here we go!
    Is it just me, or is the server is too busy sign happening
    a LOT? I'm at work, so I can't tell if it's our crap network
    or GR.

Friend of Gossip Rocks! buttmunch's Avatar

I'm gobsmacked they let her out. She's so obviously certifiable that I think someone's going to have a lot of explaining to do when she finally manages to kill herself or someone else. What an utter mess. And yes, the media should back the fuck off. The videos going around are really sick.
    'Those who sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither.' Ben Franklin

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    --Sinclair Lewis

Is this a second intervention? Will Brit go willingly?
    I really doubt she's gonna do anything willingly now.

She doesn't trust her parents, and even though I do think her dad is trying to do the right thing, it's just too little too late. Even with the conservatorship in place, once she's out of the hospital, his powers are limited. He can't expect the cops to be following her all over town and making her come home like some some out-after-curfew teen.

They may have managed to get rid of Sam (for now anyway) but there are tons of others ready to take his place I'm sure.

Obviously she's gonna fight to get the conservatorship revoked and I think the law is probably on her side. It's her life and her money, and there's only so much the law and the mental health system can do to save someone from themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by buttmunch View Post
    I'm gobsmacked they let her out. She's so obviously certifiable that I think someone's going to have a lot of explaining to do when she finally manages to kill herself or someone else. What an utter mess. And yes, the media should back the fuck off. The videos going around are really sick.
    Word, sister!
    Hello mother fucker! when you ask a question read also the answer instead of asking another question on an answer who already contain the answer of your next question!
    -Bugdoll-

So I just woke up. What'd I miss? I guess something like this:

They'll Probably Be Back in Court Tomorrow
    Posted Feb 7th 2008 12:01AM by TMZ Staff
    Britney Spears is a free woman and her parents are clearly frustrated, especially after today's circus in the streets of Bev Hills.

Based on what we know, it's a good bet Jamie Spears will be back in court -- we're guessin' tomorrow -- asking the Commish to put some teeth in the conservatorship order. That order gives the conservator power to restrict the visitors Brit receives. No doubt Ma and Pa were frustrated that Brit let a paparazzo ride with her in her car today. And we're hearing they were none too happy about the people she saw at the Beverly Hills Hotel.

It wouldn't be at all unusual for the conservator to ask for an order requiring the cops to enforce the instructions Jamie lays down. In other words, he could call the Bev Hills Police and ask them to remove the pap from the car.

Likewise, the conservatorship gives Jamie the right to approve contracts. It's a good bet he would not have approved Britney buying stuff or getting a room at the hotel. Think about the cops going to the hotel and telling the manager they can't let Brit buy stuff or get rooms without Jamie's consent and if they defied Jamie they could be held in contempt.

We'll be in court tomorrow ... just in case -- so stay tuned.

^^ Me too. From what I can ascertain...there was driving around. Then everyone showed up at her house. There was an arguement. Brit's folks are PISSED and are prolly going to court today to get some teeth in their control over Brit. Everthing seems really sketchy.

I wish I could I could I was even mildly surprised. Wonder if she got a hold of some meth last night? You know, wonder how many of the paps are meth heads - it would be the perfect drug to do if you were obsessed at following someone around all night just to get their picture. I don't even think these guys are regular paps - the are like Kamikaze Paps, and I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if they all did meth. They would have to to keep up with her.

My my, didn't we all just dip our tongues in some acid today.

Hit By Ban Bus!

The girl's brain is fried, from all the drugs and whatever mental illness may reside there. It's definitely not firing on all cylinders.

She will be dead by the end of the year.

^^ I think you're right.

It's insane how much she is followed, helicopters and all, and jus letting random paps ride in her car with her, people she doesn't even know.
    Her fate is not a good one.

And this was fucking crazy:
    UPDATE: Sources tell OK! that sometime around 7:00pm PT, Britney managed to sneak out of Streisand's office building and return to the Beverly Hills Hotel! According to the source, a paparazzo from Adnan's former agency FinalPixx snuck them out of the building by hiding Adnan and Brit under a black blanket in the back of his car.

Seriously. What kind of life is that?

Quote Originally Posted by darksithbunny View Post
    She will be dead by the end of the year.

I'm torn between two responses.....
    A) promise?
    and
    B) Not soon enough.....

I think the media moguls are paying her huge amounts of money to be crazy until the writer's strike is over....she's like a reality show that is on every channel, night and day.....

And good luck to her parents trying to cut off the drug supply to an addict.....it's like pissing up a rope.....

Why Britney Spears Was Released Early

By Ken Lee
    Originally posted Thursday February 07, 2008 01:00 AM EST

Britney Spears Photo by: Cousart-Rios / JFXBritney Spears was released early from UCLA Medical Center's psych ward because a court representative found "no just cause" for the hold, a source tells PEOPLE.

The doctor overseeing Spears's care had wanted her to stay, (as did her parents), but the decision was overridden by the court representative, the source said.

The source said that the doctor who was vetoed was not Spears's psychiatrist Dr. Deborah Nadel, but another attending doctor at UCLA. Once Nadel issued the singer's 72-hour hold at UCLA, Nadel was not involved in Spears's hospitalization, the source said.

The decision followed regular procedure for any patient on a 14-day hold.

The procedure calls for a hearing at the hospital to find out whether the hold is justified. The rep for the court, called a "hearing referee" – who is usually a lawyer – interviews the patient and doctor to determine if there's "just cause" for detainment.

"This is when law and medicine collide," says attorney Terry K. Wasserman, who's not involved in the Spears matter, "when a lawyer can override a doctor's opinion

Page 9 of 21 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast

Thread Information