Page 15 of 21 FirstFirst ... 5111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Britney Spears has been released from UCLA psych ward

Spears Family Attorneys Have Arrived at Court
    Posted Feb 7th 2008 4:37PM by TMZ Staff
    TMZ is at the downtown L.A. courthouse where attorney and co-conservator Andrew Wallet and attorneys Samuel Ingham and Jeryll Cohen have just arrived in court. Jamie Spears is not there ... yet.

As we first reported, Jamie Spears may be gunning to get some teeth into the conservatorship order. With these lawyers lining up, that could be just what happens.

Stay tuned ...

Spears' Family Attorneys Have Arrived at Court - TMZ.com - Entertainment News, Celebrity Gossip and Hollywood Rumors
    "In an underdeveloped country don't drink the water. In a developed country don't breathe the air." - Jonathan Raban.

I hope her Dad stays in control.

Quote Originally Posted by bellini View Post
    I Googled to find out what happened to her. I guess she was diagnosed with Schizophrenia and they had her committed. All I could find out is that they are "caring for her" but not if she's still institutionalized. Interesting...I remember her from Ally McBeal.
    That's what I read too. Someone who says she is a friend of Lisa's posted this message on Lisa's IMDB board--

"The focus now is on Lisa's health and ongoing recovery.

Living in the public eye is barely tolerable for *anyone* - even those people who have no observable or significant hurdles/obstacles to overcome.

For someone like Lisa, dealing with Schizophrenia is difficult in the best of circumstances .... in complete privacy. To battle this lifelong affliction - one that requires constant/continual medication and adjustments to that medication - is beyond the ability of most human beings. The side effects of the medication alone is enough to invite the harshest critics and wild speculation about drug abuse, outrageous behavior and personal responsibility.

ALL of us would like to see Lisa return to the stage and/or screen (personally - I'd love to hear her sing or make an album with that amazing voice of hers), but her mental and physical health come first and it would take a MIRACLE to find the proper balance of medication and therapy - but a miracle is what we are all hoping for ....

..... and no matter what, her friends and family just want her WELL.

I know Lisa appreciates the good wishes from her fans.

- a friend of Lisa's"

Pretty sad. In another post she described the struggle to get Lisa's meds right as trying to consistently hit a moving target (my paraphrase), that is, almost impossible.

After reading about Lisa's behavior prior to her being committed, it is indeed VERY difficult to see how she was doing any worse than Britney. That's why I am so shocked at Britney's release.

No...the main difference I can see between the two women is that Britney is...was...still is, for the moment...stinking rich. Lisa wasn't. That makes allll the difference IMO. Britney isn't stone broke yet. When she is, suddenly all those freakin LAWYERS, especially, won't be NEARLY so interested in her.

That's really sad about Lisa Nicole Carson. I loved her on Ally McBeal.

Another difference is that Lisa did not fight being committed. They are not holding her against her will.

Quote Originally Posted by sluce View Post
    I will say it again - he does not have that legal right. if she refuses to go to a voluntary treatment program he can not force her to do so. Please stop blaming him. His hands are tied. Put yourself in his place and think about how frustrated he must be that he can't force her into treatment. All he can do is make sure she doesn't get ripped off by anyone like Sam for now. You can keep saying what he should have done all day. It won't change the limots of his legal rights.
    I agree...he has very limited rights under the conservatorship, and he was only permitted to make her medical decisions during her involuntary commitment. Once she was released from the 5150 hold, that was over. He still has control of her finances, but who knows how long that will last.

People need to keep in mind that Jamie is a temporary conservator right now, NOT Britney's legal guardian. She hasn't been declared mentally incompetent. Maybe she should be, but it hasn't happened yet.

Britney's co-conservator, attorney Andrew Wallet, along with court investigator (who's also an attorney) Samuel Ingham, have arrived at the courthouse. The court maintains that Ingham is to be considered a neutral party in this matter.
    Jamie Spears is not there. Will Brit's dad show?
    We've JUST heard that the court has been closed to the public and Jamie is not expected to attend.
    Stay tuned for details!

Britney Spears Photos & Pics | Britney Court Update!
    Last edited by micashell; February 7th, 2008 at 04:46 PM.
    "In an underdeveloped country don't drink the water. In a developed country don't breathe the air." - Jonathan Raban.

The Court's Lips Are Sealed!!
    Posted Feb 7th 2008 5:26PM by TMZ Staff
    A rep for the court just came out of the hearing ... but can't tell us anything!

We're told that today's hearing with Jamie's lawyers and Brit's co-conservator is over, but court spokesman Allan Parachini tells TMZ "everything about this matter is sealed" and cannot disclose even why they are in court.

We have learned, however, that a motion that was filed today by Spears' conservator was unopposed.

The Court's Lips Are Sealed!! - TMZ.com - Entertainment News, Celebrity Gossip and Hollywood Rumors

Court's Over - Nothing's Changed!
    HOT LINKS : Jamie Spears
    Okay, we're now hearing that the court session is over... and no changes have been made.
    Jamie Spears is not receiving any more power or control over his daughter, Britney. The conservatorship remains the same.
    The rub is, Jamie's lawyers were granted something, and we'll bring you that info ASAP!

Jamie Spears Photos & Pics | Court's Over - Nothing's Changed!

Quote Originally Posted by sluce View Post
    Another difference is that Lisa did not fight being committed. They are not holding her against her will.
    I remember that about Lisa. It was sad all around. Her father was my journalism teacher in college. He didn't want to talk about it, needless to say.

Has Shitney actually been diagnosed with something other than Spoiled Self-Centered Attention Whore Syndrome?

I'm gonna diagnose her with 'dead', if she doesn't change up soon.

eat a hot bowl of dicks.

What did he have to say? There's no way I'm giving Perez a click.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Exchanging glances with the cunty bitches

Quote Originally Posted by aabbcc View Post
    Has Shitney actually been diagnosed with something other than Spoiled Self-Centered Attention Whore Syndrome?
    Wasn't Lutfi secretly giving her meds for both bipolarity and schizophrenia?

Lutfi Makes Bank Off Britney Photos

February 07, 2008

It's no secret that Sam Lutfi is a shady guy, but now we have proof. Maxim magazine started to do an expose on the paparazzi that follow Britney Spears around on a daily basis, and they ended up getting a whole lot of dirt on her alleged 'friend' Lutfi.

Maxim journalist Michael Joseph Gross explains:

"The media frenzy (surrounding Spears) was significantly aided and abetted and intensified after Sam Lutfi came on the scene. "There's one paparazzi agency that's emerged as having the inside track on Britney all the time - they're the ones who know where she is, where she's going... It's called X17.

"One of the owners of X17 told me that last year she began getting messages from lots of people with funny names; we know that Sam, in the past, has used a lot of pseudonyms. "After that she said one day out of the blue, Sam Lutfi called and introduced himself by name, then he started calling more and more often.

"By the time I was with the paparazzi, they were sitting there getting text messages from him at regular intervals telling them where she was, where she was gonna go."

Lutfi probably has deals set with the agency where he makes a percentage off all Britney Spears photos. Recent reports suggested that paps makes anywhere from $500-$100,000 off each photo, depending on what she's doing. In 2007 , x17 made almost $3 million dollars just from Spears photos alone, so you can only imagine how much money Lutfi has been making on the side, especially when he gave her pills and she went crazy out on the town. Someone notify the IRS, cause this guy is making A LOT of money off Brit---tax free, I'm sure!

Hollyscoop
    eat a hot bowl of dicks.

Thread Information