Page 14 of 21 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Britney Spears has been released from UCLA psych ward

The good folks over at UCLA have been detoxing Britney Spears to rid her system of all the incorrect meds she’s been taking. The doctors say she had been misdiagnosed with ADD and been prescribed Adderall, which is the equivalent to taking amphetamines.

"You have lots of people who have manic symptoms of bipolar disorder wrongly diagnosed with attention deficit disorder,” says Dr. Ablow, author of Living the Truth. “But if you put those people on stimulant medication, you can make them worse by driving them into the highest highs of their disorder.”
    Wow, I was right.
    He who knows does not speak.
    He who speaks does not know.
    Lao-tzu

Quote Originally Posted by mrs.v View Post
    However, one of the most alarming things he said was the following:
    "Sam has been providing prescription medication, cocktails is what its called for Britney's medical issues. Sometimes the medication really doesn't work and you have to change it and you see outrageous behavior displayed in public."
    This guy's got a cocktail too...

Prolly just as good.

sucking on a blow pop and playing with electrodes

Okay this is too creepy that Sam has that guy for his publicist...wtf

Quote Originally Posted by Just Kill Me View Post
    Okay this is too creepy that Sam has that guy for his publicist...wtf
    Well, Sam is a patriot. Sam is a Patriot. Come on, drink the kool-aid. Sam is a patriot. Sam is a...what?? That's right! Good job! He's a PATRIOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Here's why my sympathy has run dry for her: she hasn't continued her treatment. Whether she's a drug addict, or bipolar, or both or neither, BITCH HAS ISSUES. She had a golden opportunity to get stabilized at UCLA and then be transferred to a long-term care facility, be in rehab or an intensive residential treatment program. That's what needed to happen.

And being back in her same environment, under the sporadic care of a doctor and a 'sober companion' is utter bullshit. Her father's 'conservatorship' is fucking useless because he didn't force this to happen. He had the power to do so, so why didn't he?

Answer: Britney gets what she wants, when she wants it, no matter what. I'm done with feeling sorry for her.

Brit's Attorney Acknowledges He Can't Rep Her
    Posted Feb 7th 2008 2:50PM by TMZ Staff

TMZ just received the following statement from Brit's attorney Adam Streisand:

"At the request of Britney Spears, Adam Streisand, a Partner at Loeb & Loeb LLP, met with her yesterday to discuss her legal rights in connection with the conservatorship over her person and estate. Following that meeting, Mr. Streisand learned that the court had issued orders that prevent Ms. Spears from retaining counsel of her own choosing, and on that basis, Mr.Streisand has decided he will not represent her at this time."

See Also

Filed under: Celebrity Justice, Britney Spears

Quote Originally Posted by Calimoonchild View Post
    Here's why my sympathy has run dry for her: she hasn't continued her treatment. Whether she's a drug addict, or bipolar, or both or neither, BITCH HAS ISSUES. She had a golden opportunity to get stabilized at UCLA and then be transferred to a long-term care facility, be in rehab or an intensive residential treatment program. That's what needed to happen.

And being back in her same environment, under the sporadic care of a doctor and a 'sober companion' is utter bullshit. Her father's 'conservatorship' is fucking useless because he didn't force this to happen. He had the power to do so, so why didn't he?

Answer: Britney gets what she wants, when she wants it, no matter what. I'm done with feeling sorry for her.
    He does not have the power to hold her against her will. He has the right to control her finances and keep her from signing contracts, etc. That is about it.

I don't understand why its so impossible for the psych ward to hold her. Lisa Nicole Carson's family had her committed years ago and she hasn't been seen or heard from in years.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

^^Yep. The court representative decided to let her out, Jamie (or her treating doctors) had no say in it.

The conservatorship only gives him limited powers--it doesn't give him the right to keep her locked up against her will (if the court says she's not a danger to herself or others.) I don't think he can force her into treatment either. The only thing I can see it doing is giving her incentive to get treatment so she can get her legal rights back.

I dont care. At the end of the day, it comes down to personal responsiblity. Of which she has NONE.

Her dad can make medical decisions for her, correct? He should have set it up to have her transferred to a voluntary residential treatment facility. But he didn't do that.

Proof that the justice system has become nothing more than a joke.

If she truly is Bipolar, keep in mind that during her "upswings" she'll feel that medication is unecessary, in the same way schizophrenics do during manic episodes. The upswing is like being high, unstoppable.
    "In the face of the blinding sun, I wake only to find
    that Heaven is a stranger place than than one I've left behind." - SM

What I don't get is how she can be considered "not a danger to herself or others". Her driving alone proves she is a danger to others. NO MORE FUCKING SYMPATHY from me. She is CHOOSING to be a dipshit, even if she is mentally ill. Why would you WANT to keep being miserable? I do hope Osama Lutfi goes to hell though. He's a sick bastard.

Quote Originally Posted by Calimoonchild View Post
    I dont care. At the end of the day, it comes down to personal responsiblity. Of which she has NONE.

Her dad can make medical decisions for her, correct? He should have set it up to have her transferred to a voluntary residential treatment facility. But he didn't do that.
    I will say it again - he does not have that legal right. if she refuses to go to a voluntary treatment program he can not force her to do so. Please stop blaming him. His hands are tied. Put yourself in his place and think about how frustrated he must be that he can't force her into treatment. All he can do is make sure she doesn't get ripped off by anyone like Sam for now. You can keep saying what he should have done all day. It won't change the limots of his legal rights.

Quote Originally Posted by greysfang View Post
    I don't understand why its so impossible for the psych ward to hold her. Lisa Nicole Carson's family had her committed years ago and she hasn't been seen or heard from in years.
    I Googled to find out what happened to her. I guess she was diagnosed with Schizophrenia and they had her committed. All I could find out is that they are "caring for her" but not if she's still institutionalized. Interesting...I remember her from Ally McBeal.

Thread Information