Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast
Like Tree638Likes

Thread: Britney Spears’ ex Kevin Federline wants more child support

And his agent, if he had one. I don't know him really, but 2006 Federline seemed more like a grab-the-cash-and-run type gig worker than a have-my-agent-negotiate-a-deal kind of professional. Who knows?

I wonder if it's possible for him to be a dance instructor?
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

Quote Originally Posted by sprynkles View Post
    I just saw the K Fed episode of CSI last night, so he should be getting some money for that.
    Oooooh, that was when my Nicky boy punched K Fed!! He also killed Bieber!!
    C_is_for_Cookie likes this.
    "No. I love my grudges. I tend to them like little pets." -Madeline Martha Mackenzie

Spirituality is not religion. Religion divides people. Belief in something unites them.

Quote Originally Posted by MsDark View Post
    I think Britters just has a low IQ...not mentally retarded low, but more Gump like.
    I mean, cognitive impairment is a wide spectrum. Gump is mentally impaired - he explicitly has some form of cognitive impairment or intellectual disability. What was once referred to as "retardation" is now better understood as a wide spectrum of below-average cognitive functioning, but all typified by a lack of brain development due to something or other (nature or nurture or trauma or environment....) that means people are 'simple'.

I totally agree - Britney strikes me as not very intelligent, to the point of making me question if she has an intellectual disability. Or is it just a piss poor education combined with whatever brain injury she has as a result of drug use?

Either way, as I said earlier - I fully think the conservatorship is in place not for her psychiatric issues but for her cognitive functioning issues. I've worked with way too many criminal clients who had low to moderate cognitive functioning, and/or acquired brain injuries from trauma (e.g. car crash) or drugs/booze.... Britters just pings all the "not quite all there" red flags for me. And if she was in Australia, the 'conservatorship' would be a guardianship (unlikely) or administration (more likely) order. (Guardians make all legal and financial decisions for people judged to be unable to make such decisions for themselves, very high bar to reach. Administrators merely handle financial decisions for people who struggle with cognitive impairment or psychiatric issues.)
    Mrs P likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Sassiness View Post
    I totally agree - Britney strikes me as not very intelligent, to the point of making me question if she has an intellectual disability. Or is it just a piss poor education and upbringing combined with whatever brain injury she has as a result of drug use?
    This.
    Beeyotch likes this.

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

fgg

Kevin Federline’s lawyer now says K-Fed wants $60K a month from Britney

In February, we learned that Kevin Federline and his lawyer had approached Britney Spears and her team about getting a substantive increase in his child support. K-Fed still has full custody of his two sons with Britney, because Britney is still under a conservatorship and can’t be legally responsible for children. Kevin is generous with visitation though. Anyway, all this time, Kevin has been getting $20,000 a month from Britney, but that amount was set back in 2008-09. Now Britney has tens of millions of dollars coming in every year from her Vegas residency, perfumes and other projects. So Kevin wants the child support issue to be updated.

When we last checked in on the situation, Jamie Spears (Britney’s father and conservator) was throwing a major fit to TMZ about K-Fed and claiming that he (Jamie) wants Kevin’s finances audited. Except K-Fed wants Britney’s finances audited too. The family court probably will want to see financial information from both sides, although – from what I gather – Kevin doesn’t have to sit there and list his expenses for why he wants an increase. Apparently, it’s pretty common to ask for a child support increase when the “supporter” has a dramatic salary increase. So, where are we now?

Kevin Federline’s lawyer believes that he deserves “at least three times the amount” of child support that Britney Spears currently pays him.

“We gave them ample time and opportunity to settle Kevin’s child support modification increase, and they came back with conditions that are not reasonable,” Federline’s celebrity divorce attorney Mark Vincent Kaplan exclusively told Us Weekly on Tuesday, May 22. “It’s their position that they don’t have to turn over Britney’s financial information, including tax returns, which is required under the California family code. It’s not California celebrity code edition, she has to comply…. This is the choice they have made, and they will now have to deal with it. We are still open to try and settling this without judicial intervention.”

According to court documents obtained by The Blast, Federline, 40, filed documents to request more child support from the 36-year-old pop icon on Tuesday. He claims in the docs that he makes “approximately $3,000 per month” as a DJ, which is reportedly less than one percent Spears’ annual income.

The former couple, who were married from 2004 to 2007, share sons Sean Preston, 12, and Jayden James, 11. Federline also shares 15-year-old Kori and 13-year-old Kaleb with ex-fiancée Shar Jackson and 6-year-old Jordan and 3-year-old Peyton with wife Victoria Prince. He claims in the docs that he is “simply less of a ‘name’ and less in demand than he was in 2008,” when the child support was determined.

“A court hearing will be set, and the parties will engage in financial discovery, which will enable guideline support payment that Kevin should receive,” Kaplan told Us. “This won’t be difficult for us, Kevin is asking for the reasonable needs of the children to be met, which is at least three times the amount Kevin is currently getting. This is based on her earnings which have been publicly reported. We are also asking for attorney’s fees because it didn’t have to come to this.”

[From Us Weekly]

Yeah, I still don’t think Kevin is the villain here, sorry. I think what he’s asking for is reasonable. I think Jamie Spears is being the unreasonable one here, and Jamie is the one who is going to end up opening up a can of worms. Kevin’s lawyers will eventually get their hands on Britney’s financials, and I think there will be much more to come. I’ve always wondered if Jamie Spears is really that good at managing Britney’s empire, and now K-Fed and his lawyer will find out. My guess is that Jamie has been paying himself more generously than he would pay the man who has sole custody of Sean Preston and Jayden.

Cele|bitchy | Kevin Federline?s lawyer now says K-Fed wants $60K a month from Britney

Britney Spears: Forget More Support, It Was K-Fed's Idea to Have More Kids

Kevin Federline made his own bed when he decided to have more children after divorcing Britney Spears, and it's not her problem that he's now strapped for cash and seeking more child support ... sources close to Britney tell TMZ.

K-Fed has asked a judge to up his $20,000 a month child support payment he gets from Britney, claiming their 2 kids enjoy a lavish lifestyle with her and all he can provide them with is a lifestyle that is relatively meager. He claims the kids go on 5-star vacations, they have every toy imaginable, a lighted tennis court, all because he claims she makes $34 million a year, while he only pulls in $3k a month.

One Britney source with direct knowledge of the situation tells TMZ, "Britney spends no more on the boys than he does. He's barely getting by because he has to support 3 additional kids and his wife and himself on funds Brit gives him for their 2 kids."

The source goes on, "The law is that both parents are to contribute to their children's support. Where is his contribution?"

Federline says his expenses are around $23,000 a month. So, when you add up his earnings and Britney's $20k a month, he currently breaks even.

Britney Spears: Forget More Support, It Was K-Fed's Idea to Have More Kids | TMZ.com
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

OCD

I agree. ^^^

The whole situation sucks. Britney knew he was a man whore when she met and married him and was aware that he'd spread his seed far and wide. I think the argument of NOT upping the amount of child support based on the argument that the money will be used to provide for his other children is stupid. First of all, Britney gets to live relatively free of the day to day duties of parenting, which enables her to focus solely on herself and earning money. Kevin was deemed the more stable parent and deserves some respect from the Spears family and not to be treated so spitefully. Britney spears is filthy fucking rich. Which in normal circumstances would mean that her children would also be. If the sexes were reversed and we were talking about a female wanting more child support from a male celebrity everyone would be on her side.

Child support increases can be requested as the kids get older, and when a parent has a significant pay raise. Kevin will be high and dry once the children turn 18, so the financial damage he could do to Britney will eventually come to an end. I think she should compensate him. He's been pretty good to her, and not slandered her or taken advantage of her going crazy and selling her out to make money, which he could have done. He could have gotten a multi-million dollar book deal out of the demise of Britney's mental faculties and their marriage, but he didn't.

I don't like her dad hovering over her finances and acting like everyone but him is trying to gold dig off of Britney's riches. He is the biggest gold digger and I'd love to see what he makes off the back of his mentally ill child that's totally under his control.
    rollo, lindsaywhit, holly and 2 others like this.

I think the reason he doesn't spill the beans isn't because of his kindness, it's because of the massive NDA he signed and the ass skinning he would get if he goes against it. I hope it's ruled that he can get what he originally asked for and no more. Yes he should get some help for taking care of the kids, but where does that end? I still think he's padded his egg because the gravy train will be gone in a few years. I hope he can open up a PopoZao dance studio to make up the difference.

Remember this little beauty?

OCD likes this.

OCD

That's true. NDA etc, but I still think the Spears family is being weird and greedy with money that isn't even theirs. I doubt K-fed has padded anything. He doesn't seem the type to be smart with money. I just don't like the assumption that he's using Britney and living off of her. Most custodial spouses of super wealthy people end up living pretty cushy lives after a divorce if they get custody. I feel like he's getting slammed because he's male and was a back up dancer. It's not like he's some diabolical shitbag. Idiot? Loser? Definitely.

I might be more sympathetic to the Spears clan saying no more cash to Kevin if it was clearer about what is paid for and what Kevin has to pay for. Does Kevin provide the home the boys live in or did Britney buy it outright for him? Does Britney's money pay their school tuition, clothing, trips, etc, or does that come out of the money Kevin gets? If Kevin has been provided with a nice house, and most of the boys bills are paid outside of his child support then I'd change my mind.

I do know these people don't live like normal people, and i don't think it's fair really to expect the children of Britney Spears to live like lower middle class kids when they're with their dad because he's not rich and famous. I mean once she was stable she could have gotten custody of her kids and let Kevin have them when she's touring, but that's not what happened. She has all the money and the power. If she wanted her kids they would be with her and she wouldn't need Kevin. It's very telling that she doesn't have custody of them. I don't think she wants to be a parent.

The poor kids are the ones that suffer. Their mother is an automaton with hollow eyes and their dad can't stop impregnanting women. Soon the boys can begin their modeling career (I think Tommy Hilfiger will snap them up), and won't have to depend on their father's DJ gigs or Britney's music career to keep them in cheetos and air jordans. They'll probably end up like the Carter brothers and it will be so so sad.
    Trixie and Nevan like this.

Team Gold Digger. If the boys have to live in an average 5 bedroom house in the suburbs, then go and visit their mother at what would be like Disneyland for a kid, with all the expensive shit she can afford for them - pretty soon those kids aren't going to want to go home, even if Mommy isn't all that engaged with them. I bet her father pays himself more than $60K a month, so they should STFU and take care of her kids.
    "You're going to die tomorrow, Lord Bolton. Sleep well."

Especially given the fact that she has the kids whenever she wants them even though he has full custody. I bet she gets them at the drop of the hat and there's no real schedule. That would limit Kevin's ability to work in certain situations. It also isn't lost on me that if the genders were reversed, this wouldn't be a ten page thread either.
    BrickHouse, OCD, Kittylady and 4 others like this.
    "No. I love my grudges. I tend to them like little pets." -Madeline Martha Mackenzie

Spirituality is not religion. Religion divides people. Belief in something unites them.

<sigh>

Alright Spears clan.... Don't you motherfuckers make me have to defend Federline again!
    OCD, Kittylady, faithanne and 1 others like this.

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

The issue to me isn't whether Kevin had more kids afterwards or if he's a mooch; the important factor is whether what Britney is paying for her children is reasonable in comparison to what she's bringing in, and the answer to that is a definite No.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

Plus I doubt she "sees" the kids much at all (much less cares for them.) Her father keeps her on an endless Vegas schedule. So it's just like a rich man throwing money at kids he never sees. (Ahem, Hugh Grant etc.)
    denny likes this.
    I have some famous friends and I have mostly not famous friends.

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

This really got me from the article:

One Britney source with direct knowledge of the situation tells TMZ, "Britney spends no more on the boys than he does. He's barely getting by because he has to support 3 additional kids and his wife and himself on funds Brit gives him for their 2 kids."

It's easy for Britney to spend exactly the same amount on the children as Kevin gets in support because she has them for visits, not residence. It also bears out what Kevin said about the disparity in lifestyle.
    OCD and BelledeJour like this.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

Elite Member

I would have a lot more respect for him if he just went the proper way through the courts. He's trying to humiliate her by making things public. Yes, CS goes up at age 12, so he has the right to petition for more. Heck, he has the right every 2 years (at least in WA) to have it adjusted. If she has paid for his house, the kids schooling, college funds, medical, extra curricular activities, etc. then $20k seems reasonable for "daily expenses" for two minor children.

I think the rub for me is his comments that "he's too old to be a back up dancer" and "his name doesn't command as much as a DJ anymore". Well guess what.... us "normal" people are told by Judges to get a job and pull your weight. His PR team sucks. He should be commenting about how he has been the custodial parent for eternity, etc....

Both parties are required to turn over financials so it will be easy to see what both parties are making/spending.

Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread Information