Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast
Like Tree383Likes

Thread: Britney Spears Back in Mental Health Facility

The judges cut Lynne out for a reason. She is not to be trusted with Britney.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Quote Originally Posted by greysfang View Post
    The judges cut Lynne out for a reason. She is not to be trusted with Britney.
    Absolutely

Plus she’s on site, doesn’t Britney (or her conservator??) need to give permission to share confidential medical information with her - so she could just ask....
    Maybe Britney doesn’t want her involved either....

Did it ever come out what her mental health issues are exactly? I'm genuinely curious if it's bipolar or schizophrenia or what.
    I saw DEATH, an anorexic penguin, an overcooked Gollum, Mr. Burns in need of a haircut and a methed-up Riff Raff.--Michael K. on Phil Spector

fgg

Britney Spears was in court with her parents, the judge ordered an evaluation

Strange things are happening around Britney Spears these days. Britney seemed to fall apart when her father Jamie Spears was hospitalized with a ruptured colon late last year. We recently learned that Britney was having issues with her meds too, that they had lost some efficacy and her doctors were testing out new drug cocktails on her, which was one of the big reasons why she was staying in a mental health facility for a month. Jamie is still Britney’s conservator, and apparently there was a co-conservator – Andrew Wallet – who abruptly quit this year. There are also tons of conspiracy theories about what’s really going on, and Britney’s fans have been trying to advocate on her behalf using the #FreeBritney hashtag. What’s clear is that Britney is struggling these days, and what’s also clear is that Jamie’s health issues likely exacerbated the situation, and Jamie probably isn’t in any kind of shape to take a steadying hand over the conservatorship again. So… this happened on Friday: Britney, Jamie Spears and Lynne Spears (Brit’s mom) all appeared in a closed session of court.

After hearing Britney Spears and her parents speak in a rare and secretive joint court appearance Friday, a judge ordered an expert evaluation in the conservatorship that for 11 years has put control of much of the 37-year-old singer’s life in the control of her father. Only the few left inside know what the three said in the courtroom that was closed to public and media shortly after the hearing began. But Los Angeles Superior Court Judge Brenda Penny wrote in an order afterward that all had agreed on a so-called 730 expert evaluation, a process usually used to determine the mental health and competence of a parent in a divorce case.

It is not made clear who would be examined, and whether it would relate to Spears’ relationship to her two sons or her parents’ oversight of her. Spears’ ex-husband Kevin Federline has custody of their boys, 13-year-old Sean and 12-year-old Jayden, who have frequent visits with their mother. Spears’ personal attorney Samuel D. Ingham rose at the start of the hearing as many reporters and a handful of fans sat in the audience to say that Spears had requested the proceedings so she could speak to the court, and asked that the room be cleared because personal finances and her minor children would be discussed.

Penny agreed, and Spears and her parents were sneaked in through side doors when the court was empty. They left the same way, and when the courtroom was reopened the hearing was over. Outside the courthouse, about 20 Spears fans protested with signs that read “Free Britney” and “End the conservatorship now.”

The appearance of Spears’ 66-year-old father Jamie Spears was something of a surprise because he had been in such ill health in recent months that his daughter put her career on hold, delaying the start of a Las Vegas residency, so she could be with him. Spears mother, Lynne Spears, who is divorced from Jamie Spears, has had no role in the conservatorship, but this week got special permission from Penny to be part of Friday’s hearing. Britney Spears doesn’t normally attend the hearings on her status.

[From Page Six]

One, I think the “Free Britney” people are doing more harm than good, this is an intensely private family matter involving a person’s private medical situation. It’s not an opportunity for hashtag activism. Two, I do not believe that the evaluation has anything to do with the custody arrangement between Britney and Kevin Federline, I think the evaluation has everything to do with Britney’s malfunctioning meds and wanting to break free of her father’s faltering grip on every part of her life.

TMZ says that Lynne and Britney have been reconnecting in the past month, and Lynne has been living with Britney for the past few weeks. Britney wants Lynne to be her advocate in court, and I guess Lynne believes that Britney should have more freedom. The judge isn’t going to give Britney that freedom without a full evaluation though.

https://www.celebitchy.com/620827/br...an_evaluation/
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

fgg

Britney Spears told the court that her dad committed her to a facility against her will

As we discussed earlier, Britney Spears made a rare appearance in court on Friday with both of her parents. It looks like Britney has reconnected with her mom, Lynne Spears, and Lynne wants a say in Britney’s life and possibly her conservatorship. Britney asked the court to possibly loosen her father’s iron grip on her conservatorship. The judge didn’t make any ruling other than ordering an evaluation, possibly on Britney, possibly on Lynne, we don’t know. Now TMZ has more information:

Britney Spears has joined the social media movement to free her from her conservatorship, and she told the judge as much Friday when she was in court. Sources with direct knowledge tell TMZ, Britney has done an about-face, now telling the judge her father, Jamie Spears, committed her to a mental health facility a month ago against her will and also forced her to take drugs. We’re also told Lynne Spears’ lawyer echoed the allegation.

TMZ broke the story, Britney spent 30 days at an L.A. mental health facility after she began rapidly going downhill … she stopped taking the drugs that kept her stable after they stopped working and doctors still have been unable to find the right combination. As we reported, Jamie Spears does not have the power under the conservatorship to either commit Britney against her will or to ply her with drugs against her will. A mental health facility that accepted an adult patient against that patient’s will when the conservator did not have such power would be committing a crime. And remember, Britney frequently left the place and was seen out and about.

Britney wants more freedom and asked the judge for certain adjustments … but didn’t get them. Sources tell us Britney would like to end the conservatorship, which has been operating for 11-plus years. The judge took no action and has ordered an expert to evaluate Britney and until that happens there will be no change in the conservatorship … but it has clearly created a family war.

[From TMZ]

I had one of the #FreeBritney people in my mentions on Twitter, arguing that Britney is being taken advantage of and Jamie Spears is out of control and there’s a full on movement to “free” Britney and if she’s finally free, everything will be fine. Which… is not what I think is happening here. I’ve always thought Jamie Spears’ acts as Britney’s conservator were often problematic, especially when it often felt like he was raking in the profits from her work. People always forget that he tried to marry her off her Jason Trawick AND make Trawick her co-conservator so they could jointly control Britney. And when I even suggested that there were issues, the Britney stans always shouted me down and talked about how she was doing fine and everything was fine. What a difference a year makes, huh?

The truth of the matter is, I suspect, just a lot messier. It involves how unprepared the court system is to deal with a family being torn apart by mental illness, and how best to deal with a mentally ill person’s consent and wishes even when they’re having problems taking care of themselves. I’m not positive that Jamie OR Lynne have Britney’s best interests in mind, and I’m not positive that Britney is in any kind of state to make healthy decisions for herself right now either.

https://www.celebitchy.com/621001/br...inst_her_will/

Why is Lynne Spears suddenly so interested? Did her gravy train come to a halt once Britney's Vegas shows were cancelled?
    Beeyotch, gas_chick, fgg and 8 others like this.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

I read somewhere that Britney cut her out 15 yrs ago....

If I remember correctly, Jamie is the conservator of Britney's person, not her estate. I thought the finances were handled by a law firm/Trustee. Which means (with the exception of Jamie's conservator "salary" which is usually a formula within the state's statutes) he has no financial stake or interest in his daughter's well-being. Of course medications' impact change over time and I feel sad for Britney that she has such a sharp decline as soon as the meds stop working. She's clearly a very sick woman. If Jamie's health makes him unsuitable to continue to act as the conservator, I imagine the court will appoint a neutral third party and not involve another family member.
    If i hear one more personal attack, i will type while drunk, then you can cry! - Bugdoll
    (716): I'd call her a cunt, but she doesn't seem to have the depth or warmth
    Quote Originally Posted by shedevilang View Post
    (Replying to MontanaMama) This is some of the smartest shit I ever read

Well I had my doubts about Jamie initially but the results speak for themselves. Britters has been pretty stable for 11 years now. No fucking way in hell should Lynne Spears be anywhere near this situation, much less allowed to take over conservatorship.

Those who rely indefinitely on psychotropics to function do need periodic evaluations and adjustments to their regimens over time. They should consider themselves extremely lucky her particular meds have worked well for her as long as they have.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

Exactly. Far from what her "free Britney" stans seem to think, the alternative could be that she failed to make it this far at all.
    Tati, holly and weathered1 like this.
    I have some famous friends and I have mostly not famous friends.

If I could make a meme...

To the free Britneys: Do you want pink wigs? Cause this is how you get pink wigs.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

Most of the free Britney’s probably weren’t old enough to remember the pink wig era.
    RELIGION: Treat it like it's your genitalia. Don't show it off in public, and don't shove it down your children's throats.

fgg

Britney Spears’ manager says she may never perform again

Britney Spears‘ return to the stage is looking bleak amid a contentious battle over her conservatorship with her parents.

The pop star’s longtime manager, Larry Rudolph, told TMZ that he and his team are putting a hold on Spears’ career until her health improves.

“I don’t want her to work again ’till she’s ready, physically, mentally and passionately,” he said. “If that time never comes again, it will never come again. I have no desire or ability to make her work again. I am only here for her when she wants to work. And, if she ever does want to work again, I’m here to tell her if it’s a good idea or a bad idea.”

Spears, 37, checked out of a mental health facility on April 25 after staying at the wellness center for nearly a month as she sought help in dealing with her father Jamie Spears’ illness.

Rudolph called the stress of Jamie’s colon condition the “perfect storm,” adding that he and his team “had to pull her show because her meds stopped working.” In January, Spears’ “Britney: Domination” run in Las Vegas was paused indefinitely.

Rudolph shared that he has been receiving information about Spears’ current medical condition on a “need-to-know basis” and that is how he is determining her career plans.

He said, “From what I have gathered it’s clear to me she should not be going back to do this Vegas residency, not in the near future and possibly never again.”

The talent manager, who has worked with Spears since 1998, said the singer has not called him in months — which is an indication she is not interested in working right now.

“Last summer, when she wanted to tour, she called me every day,” he said. “She clearly doesn’t want to perform now.”

After Spears left treatment, a source similarly told Page Six that the “Toxic” singer was just “looking forward to keeping her stress level as low as possible and to just relax,” adding that “there’s a way to [go]” before she returns to the stage.

https://pagesix.com/2019/05/15/britn...perform-again/

If they are preparing her fans for the possibility that she may retire, that's no bad thing. She's nearly 40 and there's enough money for her family and as many dependents as are deemed necessary now and in the future. The main problem is her lack of structure and what she would do afterwards.
    I have some famous friends and I have mostly not famous friends.

At least there are some people in her life that recognize she's not a show pony to trot out for money. Her mom has done nothing good for her in years. I feel badly for Brit. She should retire, find somewhere quiet to live where she can live peacefully - far from her mom.

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast

Thread Information