Page 48 of 48 FirstFirst ... 384445464748
Like Tree2262Likes

Thread: Britney Spears Back in Mental Health Facility

I think it was unnecessary for her to call out Christina.

Oh geez...who knows the truth? This was all very confidential and secretive so who knows what her issues were and should have run to her rescue? Anyone she ever knew in the business? I don't think so. She DID exhibit some very bizarre and potentially dangerous behavior at the time the conservatorship was put in place. Should it have lasted 13 years? Again, who knows. I get she is angry but lashing out at anyone who would rather say "no comment" isn't helping her cause.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

^ Yeah she's not doing herself any favours. Christina said in that video she is happy for her and she wrote a whole twitter thread in support of Britney a while back. She's not the person Britney should be aiming for.

And where the f*ck was Nelson Mandela when this was happening???? Sure he died in 2013, but he could have spoken out in a seance or something!!!
    Sarzy, Novice and MsDark like this.

Like I said, nobody can save her from her own bad judgment.

^^^
    i think it goes beyond just bad judgement though. between her childhood/adolescence, her family, mental health issues, possible drug abuse past or present, and what must have been a pretty traumatic conservatorship, i think she was fucked regardless of whether or not the conservatorship was overturned. this is someone who couldn't trust her family, was isolated from friends, and now that she's free it's not like she's equipped to surround herself with the right people who will help her make good life decisions. how is she supposed to know who to trust?
    i think she did need the conservatorship when it first started 13 years ago, but i think having appointed her father and having let it go on so long unchecked probably did irreparable damage to an already very damaged person.

Quote Originally Posted by Novice View Post
    Because if you are an addict you have, at some point, to take responsibility otherwise you are never going to recover.
    So either that or she’s got borderline personality disorder or some such…

Being under conservatorship was shit for her - that’s a given, but she was there partly because she endangered herself & her children & was an addict….

Also, other people do not have a responsibility to either help her or even comment on her situation. But, it’s all about Britney….

NB - Britney seems to be the one hung up on who is to blame… family, friends, etc
    oh i agree she's acting like a spoiled brat. i really do think her emotional maturity level is very low, but i think that's pretty much been established at this point that she has some kind of disorder, we just don't know her exact diagnosis. which doesn't mean she can't also be an addict, they're not mutually exclusive though if she couldn't even buy herself an ipad without permission i doubt she had access to drugs while under conservatorship, not drugs she wasn't prescribed anyway. and given that one of the things claimed in court by britney and her lawyer is that when she wouldn't agree to perform, her father had her doctors alter her medication and start giving her lithium - the fact that she was already under some sort of medication, and that doctors added lithium, definitely points toward britney having something like bipolar disorder etc.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Uh oh. Train has left the station. And it's coming for everyone.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

It is all so sad. The parents depend on their teenager for the money, should be the other way around and that is where the problems start.
    No boundaries .... and then the parents step in too late and still greedy for money.
    Britney rebelled too late (when she was already a mother herself) too hard ... sad she couldn't rebel when she was a teen.
    In my opinion a parent should never seek to gain from their children.

Her dad had a job. However, I think it's a very instructive lesson in shopping your kid around and it works out beyond your wildest expectations.
    DawnM74 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik;[URL="tel:3828439"
    3828439[/URL]]^^^
    i think it goes beyond just bad judgement though. between her childhood/adolescence, her family, mental health issues, possible drug abuse past or present, and what must have been a pretty traumatic conservatorship, i think she was fucked regardless of whether or not the conservatorship was overturned. this is someone who couldn't trust her family, was isolated from friends, and now that she's free it's not like she's equipped to surround herself with the right people who will help her make good life decisions. how is she supposed to know who to trust?
    i think she did need the conservatorship when it first started 13 years ago, but i think having appointed her father and having let it go on so long unchecked probably did irreparable damage to an already very damaged person.

oh i agree she's acting like a spoiled brat. i really do think her emotional maturity level is very low, but i think that's pretty much been established at this point that she has some kind of disorder, we just don't know her exact diagnosis. which doesn't mean she can't also be an addict, they're not mutually exclusive though if she couldn't even buy herself an ipad without permission i doubt she had access to drugs while under conservatorship, not drugs she wasn't prescribed anyway. and given that one of the things claimed in court by britney and her lawyer is that when she wouldn't agree to perform, her father had her doctors alter her medication and start giving her lithium - the fact that she was already under some sort of medication, and that doctors added lithium, definitely points toward britney having something like bipolar disorder etc.
    Yes but just “not having access “ to drugs (or whatever) doesn’t make you a non-addict - it makes you a dry addict. She would actually have to do the work to recover; & given her alleged mental issues she could have been self-medicating.
    I think that we all know that if one stops with the meds with certain disorders - POW we’ll be back to pink wig territory shortly.
    She could bi-polar but doesn’t it come with a lovely package of personality disorders on the side sometimes? I thought I heard someone speaking about it a while ago & they said it was a common thing but my Google-Foo is letting me down). So the spoilt brat behaviour could be just her being spoilt brat or it could be that she is a true narcissist/personality disorder etc…

Wiki did suggest that bi-polar is both hereditary and environmental & that various childhood stressor can have an impact. Onset (for either) approx 20-25 yrs old.
    DawnM74 likes this.
    "I don't know what I am to them, maybe a penguin XD" - Tiny Pixie

Page 48 of 48 FirstFirst ... 384445464748

Thread Information