Page 43 of 48 FirstFirst ... 33394041424344454647 ... LastLast
Like Tree2263Likes

Thread: Britney Spears Back in Mental Health Facility

He turned out to be a good dad, but also Britney set the bar at bare-minimum-low: Keep them safe, and don't endanger them publicly.

I mean, I'd bet there's stuff that wouldn't paint him as parent of the year if it got reported (I wouldn't be surprised if their house reeks of pot or something, or he was lax about their grades or school attendance, who/where they hang out with, drugs/drinking etc.) And yet, they're in a better situation with him than with Britney.
    C_is_for_Cookie and DawnM74 like this.

I also think it's good that we don't hear anything about his other four kids too. And Shar always did say he was a good dad to their kids together.
    "Schadenfreude, hard to spell, easy to feel." ~VenusinFauxFurs

"Scoffing is one of my main hobbies!" ~Trixie

Quote Originally Posted by lindsaywhit View Post

Sometimes I wonder why it was so surprising that K-Fed turned out to be such a good dad. Then I see this picture and think, "Oh yeah, that's why - he just always looked like such a tool." It's as if he has 'resting tool face.'

Except that's not a picture of K-Fed. It's a picture of one of his friends - a choreographer named Eddie Morales.
    lindsaywhit and holly like this.
    Dear Buddha, please bring me a pony and a plastic rocket...

Quote Originally Posted by lindsaywhit View Post

Sometimes I wonder why it was so surprising that K-Fed turned out to be such a good dad. Then I see this picture and think, "Oh yeah, that's why - he just always looked like such a tool." It's as if he has 'resting tool face.'
    That's not K-Fed though
    lindsaywhit and holly like this.
    -

Mental Health Nonprofit To Jamie Lynn Spears: We Don't Want Your Money

Britney Spears' sister said she wanted to donate some of her book sales to This Is My Brave, and the organization declined. Oof.

ByJenna Amatulli

Few things are cringier for a celebrity
    than having theircharitabledonation publiclyrejected, and this particularawkwardness hasnow come for Jamie Lynn Spears.A mental health nonprofit called This Is My Brave has declined the offer of a portion of the youngerSpears’upcoming book profits after receiving somepushback from critics.

Britney Spears’ sister spoke out earlier this month on Instagram about her upcoming memoir, Things I Should Have Said, and how writing it caused her to open up about “my own mental health, because this process challenged me to have to be painfully honest with myself, and face a lot of hard things.”
    She went on to say that the “book gave me closure on this ‘30 year long’ chapter of my life” and that she’d be giving “a portion of my book proceeds” to This Is My Brave, “because I know how scary it can be to share personal struggles, especially if you don’t feel you have the support or a safe space to do so, and they are doing amazing work to support and encourage people as they bravely share their experiences.”

In the little more than a week since that announcement, Britney Spears fans bombarded This Is My Brave’s Instagram account to say, “Free Britney!”, and things like, “Honestly how dare you all partner with Jamie Lynn Spears.” Many of the comments claim that Jamie Lynn Spears “tormented” her sister and/or was complicit in the elder Spears being held in a 13-year-long conservatorship.

On Monday, This Is My Brave posted a simple quote card with the text: “We heard you. We’re taking action. We are deeply sorry to anyone we offended. We are declining the donation from Jamie Lynn Spears’ upcoming book.” Their caption explains how they were “recently recommended to be a beneficiary organization for the proceeds from Jamie Lynn Spears’ upcoming book,” but that they have “made the decision to decline the offer of receiving proceeds from the book sales.”

Britney Spears hasn’t said anything about her younger sister directly, but fans have long surmised that there’s beef being had there. One glaring nod to the supposed tension was an Instagram post from Spears in July 2021, in which she wrote: “There’s nothing worse than when the people closest to you who never showed up for you post things in regard to your situation whatever it may be and speak righteously for support … there’s nothing worse than that.”

“How dare the people you love the most say anything at all … did they even put a hand out to even lift me up at the TIME !!!??? How dare you make it public that NOW you CARE … did you put your hand out when I was drowning ???? Again … NO,” wrote Britney.

Her post came in the wake of Jamie Lynn posting about her sister on her own platform, telling fans that she “made a very conscious choice in my life to only participate in her life as her sister, as an aunt to her boys.” She added, “Maybe I didn’t support her the way the public would like me to with a hashtag on a public platform, but I can assure you that I’ve supported my sister — long before there was a hashtag — and I’ll support her long after.”

https://jezebel.com/mental-health-no...t-w-1847891733

Jamie Lynn's quote about how she was always there for her sister even if she didn't always post about it publicly with hashtags make her sound like a 50 year-old Karen, which makes me think her mom or dad are probably the ones behind it.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

I think the headline should read:

Charitable Organization (that probably really needs the bucks) Turns Down Jamie Lynn Spears Donation After Being Swarmed By Angry Self-Righteous Nincompoops

“There’s nothing worse than when the people closest to you who never showed up for you post things in regard to your situation whatever it may be and speak righteously for support … there’s nothing worse than that.”
    "Whew! At least I'm not Britney Spears!"
    Novice, Ravenna, o0Amber0o and 3 others like this.

Sure, but it also kind of looks like Jamie-lynn is using the charity to buy herself out of some bad PR (and promote sales for her useless book) for staying quiet about Jamie being a total abusive asshole toward Britney. Not a good look, and really bad timing.
    Last edited by sputnik; October 20th, 2021 at 10:38 AM.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

At this point, do we really know that every accusation or verbal swipe Britney throws is grounded in reality or facts? To me, it sounds like Rose McGowan Lite. The way things have been presented lately, Britney takes a swipe at someone, and then her mob of angry doofuses goes and harasses that entity en masse. Jamie Lynn Spears donating to some mental health group is not the same as someone under a mountain of accusations (like a Harvey Weinstein) trying to cleanse themselves by donating to a charity. Quite frankly, if Jamie (Dad) Spears is so bad, isn't it possible that Jamie Lynn has some blind spot or inability to call him out publicly because she is also traumatized from him being such a horrible person?
    Last edited by MohandasKGanja; October 19th, 2021 at 04:46 PM. Reason: "of" vs" "or"

Or both a *and* b???
    "I don't know what I am to them, maybe a penguin XD" - Tiny Pixie

Quote Originally Posted by albatross View Post
    Except that's not a picture of K-Fed. It's a picture of one of his friends - a choreographer named Eddie Morales.
    Quote Originally Posted by funky_chicken View Post
    That's not K-Fed though
    Hahaha... sorry, you're right.
    Novice likes this.

Jamie Lynn Spears claims parents pushed her to get an abortion at 16

Jamie Lynn Spears is channeling big sister Britney in upcoming memoir, “Things I Should Have Said,” where she calls out their parents for pressuring her to have an abortion at 16 years old.
    In excerpts obtained by TMZ, Jamie Lynn, 30, claims that after telling dad Jamie and mother Lynne that she was pregnant in 2007, they “came to my room trying to convince me that having a baby at this point in my life was a terrible idea.”

“‘It will kill your career. You are just too young. You don’t know what you’re doing. There are pills you can take. We can help you take care of this problem … I know a doctor,'” she claims they told her, adding, “everyone around me just wanted to make this ‘issue’ disappear…everyone was certain that termination would be the best course of action.”
    Ultimately deciding to follow through with the pregnancy, the “Zoey 101” star got into an argument with dad Jamie, “slinging words and tossing insults” when he suggested she give up her child for adoption.

The Spears Family — Jamie Spears, Bryan Spears, Jamie-Lynn Spears, Britney Spears and Lynne Spears — in 2003.WireImage

She also claims she was told not to tell sister Britney about the pregnancy.

“I needed her more than ever and she wasn’t able to help me in my most vulnerable time … To this day, the hurt of not being able to tell my sister myself still lingers.”
    Jamie Lynn (R) was told not to tell big sister Britney about her teenage pregnancy.Disney General Entertainment Con
    Eventually, the family struck a deal with Us Weekly to break the news, sharing first photos of baby Maddie, now 13 years old, in 2008.
    Jamie Lynn added that she and mom Lynne hid out in a cabin, in where she believes was Connecticut, until the story was published. While spending Thanksgiving together, she claims her “Momma wore her disappointment like her favorite jacket.”

Jamie Lynn shares Maddie with ex, Casey Aldridge. She also shares a three-year-old daughter, Ivey, with husband Jamie Watson.

Sister Britney has been slamming the Spears’ for months for being complicit in her conservatorship, most recently telling fans that she could easily expose her family — including sister Jamie Lynn — for their transgressions in a tell-all Q&A session.
    “Lord have mercy on my family’s souls if I ever do an interview!!!” she wrote on Instagram last week.
    pagesix

Silver Member

She's definitely back-peddling, trying to make it sound like her parents controlled her too, so she can weasel her way back into Britney's money.
    pinkbunnyslippers likes this.

It's from her book, which was probably written about a year ago.

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    It's from her book, which was probably written about a year ago.
    I think, consciously or unconsciously, Jamie Lynn did herself a massive favour by getting knocked up ridiculously young. It saved her somewhat from being carved into Britney 2.0 and pushed down the same path as her sister.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

Quote Originally Posted by Kittylady;[URL="tel:3826554"
    3826554[/URL]]I think, consciously or unconsciously, Jamie Lynn did herself a massive favour by getting knocked up ridiculously young. It saved her somewhat from being carved into Britney 2.0 and pushed down the same path as her sister.
    It sounds like they were really pushing her already to be Brit Mk II ““‘It will kill your career.”

maybe they should have thought of that before allowing her to be on a show with a preditor & I still think that Casey took the fall on that one for him.
    Last edited by Novice; October 26th, 2021 at 01:37 PM.

Thread Information