Page 34 of 48 FirstFirst ... 2430313233343536373844 ... LastLast
Like Tree2313Likes

Thread: Britney Spears Back in Mental Health Facility

Britney Spears’ dad Jamie agrees to step down as her conservator

Britney Spears’ father on Thursday agreed to step down as conservator of his daughter’s multimillion-dollar estate — a major win for the pop icon who had been battling to boot her allegedly abusive dad from her affairs.
    Even as he argued that there were no “actual grounds for suspending or removing” him from his daughter’s conservatorship, Jamie Spears acknowledged in a court filing it would be in her best interest to step down.

Nevertheless, even as Mr. Spears is the unremitting target of unjustified attacks, he does not believe that a public battle with his daughter over his continuing service as her conservator would be in her best interests,” the filing in Los Angeles Superior Court states.
    “So, even though he must contest this unjustified Petition for his removal, Mr. Spears intends to work with the Court and his daughter’s new attorney to prepare for an orderly transition to a new conservator.”
    Jamie Spears has controlled his daughter’s affairs since she suffered a mental health breakdown in 2008. At the time, Britney was not only “suffering mentally and emotionally, she was also being manipulated by predators and in financial distress,” Jamie claimed, adding he “came to his daughter’s rescue to protect her

The 39-year-old star, however, told the court in June that her dad loved to control her, detailing how she had been drugged, forced to take birth control and made to work against her will under the guardianship agreement.
    “I’m not here to be anyone’s slave,” she said at the time.
    The “Toxic” singer’s attorney, Mathew Rosengart, on July 26 officially petitioned the court to kick Jamie out of the legal arrangement — so that Britney could be freed from the “kafkaesque nightmare” that her life had become while under her dad’s control.
    Rosengart argued that not only had Britney repeatedly demanded her father be removed from the position — and even be arrested for conservator abuse — but that the star’s doctors, mother Lynne Spears and personal conservator Jodi Montgomery all showed support for James’ removal

“We are pleased that Mr. Spears and his lawyer have today conceded in a filing that he must be removed,” Rosengart said in a statement Thursday.
    “This is a major victory for Britney Spears and another step toward justice.”
    In his filing Thursday, Jamie took aim at Lynne, saying that any statements she made on behalf of their daughter “must be questioned based on how little involvement she had” in Britney’s life over the last 13 years.
    He also claimed that if the public knew “all the facts” of Britney’s life, “not only her highs but also her lows, all of the addiction and mental health issues that she has struggled with, and all of the challenges of the Conservatorship,” they would praise him instead of “vilify” him.
    “Ultimately, the Court knows that what Mr. Spears is saying is true: He loves his daughter and he is acting (and has always acted) in only her best interest,” his attorneys wrote.
    “Mr. Spears is willing to step down when the time is right, but the transition needs to be orderly and include a resolution of matters pending before the Court.”
    The filing adds: “Regardless of his formal title, Mr. Spears will always be Ms. Spears’ father, he will always love her unconditionally, and he will always look out for her best interests.”
    In his statement, Britney’s attorney said he and his client were “disappointed” by Jamie’s “ongoing shameful and reprehensible attacks” — and called on him to step down right away.“Rather than making false accusations and taking cheap shots at his own daughter, Mr. Spears should remain silent and step aside immediately,” Rosengart said.
    In June, Britney announced her intention to remove her father as her conservator after describing her controlled life in an open court.
    “Ma’am, my dad and anyone involved in this conservatorship, and my management, who played huge roles in punishing me when I said ‘no’ [to going on tour] — ma’am, they should be in jail,” Spears said at the time.
    This past Friday, Britney’s father revealed he recently discussed whether to place his daughter back in a mental institution — as he rejected efforts to remove him as co-conservator of her multimillion-dollar estate.
    Jamie Spears claimed in documents filed in Los Angeles County Superior Court that he wasn’t responsible for committing his daughter in 2019, a move that sparked the “#FreeBritney” movement.
    Montgomery told the father that Britney was “spiraling out of control,” around July 9, and was not taking her medication, Jamie Spears said in a court document. She allegedly brought up the possibility of a 5150 psychiatric hold, which, under California law, allows a person to be held for psychiatric evaluation if they are deemed to be a danger to themselves or others. She later backtracked on the suggestion.
    In court documents, Jamie claimed that beginning in 2018, he was not in control of Britney’s medical decisions, including her being committed to a mental facility the next year. When it surfaced that the former pop star had allegedly been involuntarily committed, fans took to social-media to demand she be “freed.”
    “Although I did not formally step down as Conservator of the Person until September 2019, I had not been in control of my daughter’s medical treatment since late 2018, when, due to my own personal health issues, I had to step back in this role,” the dad said in the filing.
    According to documents, Jamie said Britney’s admittance to the facility in 2019 was a decision made by Montgomery, which she denies.
    “It was Jodi Montgomery, along with the Conservatee’s former attorney Sam Ingham, who admitted Ms. Spears to a facility in early 2019, including but not limited to signing the admittance documents,” the court filing states.
    But Montgomery’s rep fired back in a statement to The Post on Friday, “As Case Manager, Ms. Montgomery worked under the sole direction and control of Jamie Spears
    Lalasnake likes this.
    "I don't know what I am to them, maybe a penguin XD" - Tiny Pixie

^ Hmmm well this will be interesting. I guess maybe we'll finally find out whether Jamie was just draining her finances and controlling her, or whether she really needed his control all these years.
    Novice, emkat, Kittylady and 2 others like this.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

Quote Originally Posted by Trixie;[URL="tel:3820745"
    3820745[/URL]]^ Hmmm well this will be interesting. I guess maybe we'll finally find out whether Jamie was just draining her finances and controlling her, or whether she really needed his control all these years.
    Or a bit of both?
    Trixie, fgg, KrisNine and 3 others like this.

So it kept her on the rails, perhaps. But he could have at least let her paint her cabinets.

I am probably in the minority (at least everywhere else but this board), but I think the birth control wasn't a bad idea.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

Birth control was definitely a good idea. She already has two kids. If she wants to be a mother so badly, she should work on being a better mother to them.

I still don't know what to think. But time will definitely tell.
    fgg, weathered1 and BrickHouse like this.

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by aabbcc View Post
    Birth control was definitely a good idea. She already has two kids. If she wants to be a mother so badly, she should work on being a better mother to them.
    From what's been out there, outside of her reckless behaviors prior to the conservatorship, she's a good mother. Kevin has attested to it over the years in court as her custody has been increased. Even when he was asking for increased CS he has stated she is a good mom.

Presently, she has 30% physical custody and it's said the constraints of the conservatorship don't allow the courts to give her more.

Does anyone know how many kids to K-Fed have with that volleyball player?

Quote Originally Posted by Novice View Post
    Or a bit of both?
    Well, he supposedly got $16k/month and office space. Recent reports say he sold the old family house and is living in an RV. If he's pocketed a lot of money he must have it hidden away because it doesn't look like he's spending it. Lynne on the other hand...

LYNNE'S SO LUCKY Britney Spears’ mom Lynne ‘spent $2M of singer’s money on mansion with maid service’ as dad Jamie quits conservatorship

• 19:12 ET, Aug 12 2021
    • Updated: 19:45 ET, Aug 12 2021

BRITNEY Spears’ mom Lynne spent “$2 MILLION of her daughter’s money” on a Louisiana mansion with full maid service, documents obtained by The Sun claim.
    The explosive new court papers show Jamie Spears slamming his ex wife for her “absence” in Britney’s life as he steps down from the conservatorship after 13 years.

Lynne Spears 'spent $2M of Britney's money on a Louisiana mansion with maid service'Credit: Getty5

The Spears matriarch resides in the pop star's hometown of Kentwood, LouisianaCredit: realtor.com
    In new docs obtained by The Sun, Jamie, 68, maintains his innocent from any wrongdoing in the pop star’s life and even alleges he “saved Ms. Spears from disaster."

He then claimed Lynne, 66, had “little if any” involvement in Britney’s life and was too “ignorant” to discuss the family’s legal matters.
    “Lynne has had only limited involvement in Ms. Spears’ life these last thirteen years. She has not had a parental role in her life for decades,” his lawyers argued.
    The patriarch’s legal team continued: “Despite their estranged relationship, the Conservatorship Estate, during the entire duration of the Conservatorship, has paid and continues to pay for the mansion in Louisiana where Lynne lives.

“Including all of her utility bills, weekly maid service, and all maintenance (totaling upwards of $150,000 per year and to date, nearly $2,000,000 in total).”
    Since 2010, just after the conservatorship was put in place, Lynne has resided in a newly-constructed 3-bedroom home in Britney's hometown of Kentwood, LA.

Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    Does anyone know how many kids to K-Fed have with that volleyball player?
    2 I think. 6 kids total - 2 with Shar and 2 with Britney.
    MohandasKGanja likes this.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

I think that we'll find it's a little bit of both here. I do believe that Britney is still a very fragile woman, but I also firmly believe that almost everyone that's been in her life has had an ulterior motive. With her family, it hasn't been so "ulterior". They've had their hands out and pockets lined for years.
    Novice, czb, weathered1 and 7 others like this.

So many good points.

Re being a good mom. She could be a good mom when she’s sober & drug-free but so are lots of parents.
    When she’s not sober, drug-free and is on a mental health jag, she is deemed to be a danger to herself & her kids.
    She’s also “country”…..

Not a lone incident

DawnM74 and OrangeSlice like this.

Me thinks things are going to get ugly between Jamie and Lynn...and I'm here for it!
    Vera Donovan: (Dolores Claiborne) : Sometimes you have to be a high-riding bitch to survive. Sometimes being a bitch is all a woman has to hold onto.

czb

nov - is that a pic of britney's mom's house? because it doesn't look like a 'mansion'. i expected something a lot more tacky.

^^^ The other question is how did Britney's mom manage to siphon off $2 Million for housing and related expenses if Britney was under a conservatorship controlled by her father for the last 8 years?

czb

i assume it's from the mom's previous 20 years of siphoning.
    MohandasKGanja and holly like this.

Thread Information