Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Like Tree383Likes

Thread: Britney Spears Back in Mental Health Facility

I think she probably was drinking/doing drugs, but I think that might have been triggered by her dad's health issues and his lack of presence. It's not easy losing a parent, or watching them suffer, even when you don't have the mental issues Britney has (whatever those may be). I would guess that Britney sees her dad as her lifeline and has probably never been in a place to face the fact that he won't always be there for her.

I agree she isn't being entirely honest about what illnesses she's suffering from. I don't know how it works with touring and Vegas engagements, but I imagine insurance bonding is as difficult as it is with making movies. And I agree the press release is suspect - why offer information that wasn't even asked about?
    Beeyotch likes this.
    "AND WHEN YOU BECAME DENISE, I TOLD ALL YOUR COLLEAGUES, THOSE CLOWN COMICS, TO FIX THEIR HEARTS OR DIE."

Alternatively, her Dad's out of the way and she can do what she likes. People say it's not like Amy Winehouse (and it's not exactly) but in the end Amy had a guard 24/7 in her home and she still offed herself.
    I have some famous friends and I have mostly not famous friends.

I'm hoping someone, anyone, helps her learn to enjoy life without having to perform all the time. It's possible that part of her lack of coping mechanisms stem from focusing on constant performing and not on a more "normal" life (as if there is such a thing).

Quote Originally Posted by Daphodil View Post
    I'm hoping someone, anyone, helps her learn to enjoy life without having to perform all the time. It's possible that part of her lack of coping mechanisms stem from focusing on constant performing and not on a more "normal" life (as if there is such a thing).

I think performing is her normal in that it provides structure and routine for her. Plus, as much as I love Britters, she is not very intelligent - there's not much else she could do professionally imo (like managing talent, writing music etc). I personally think her taking her millions and sitting quietly in the country is a recipe for disaster.

Quote Originally Posted by o0Amber0o View Post
    I think performing is her normal in that it provides structure and routine for her. Plus, as much as I love Britters, she is not very intelligent - there's not much else she could do professionally imo (like managing talent, writing music etc). I personally think her taking her millions and sitting quietly in the country is a recipe for disaster.
    Yep, exactly my point. If something prevents her from performing (injury, mental health, or some other thing), she'd have a very hard time coping. Here's hoping she can find peace with her world.

Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    We were discussing his condition not too long ago in another thread. What did we think he had that would have caused a spontaneously burst colon? Undiagnosed cancer or something?
    Not to start more shit but: Extensive opiod use.

I remember Tom Arnold talking about (on Stern) having a temporary colostomy after he blew his colon out after years of abusing pain meds.

This is the single reason I couldn't be a pain med junkie. Any more than 2-3 days having to take opiods is enough to throw my shit cycle off and since I can't stand even being a little constipated (which can also happen occasionally if I'm too dehydrated) that's a bad enough imposition for me that I'm willing to deal with some pain if that's what it takes (assuming I'm not having something so severe that I can't think straight and feel like I'm gonna die). If I ever do get in a situation that requires the management of severe debilitating pain for more than a few days via opiods, I'll be employing every natural constipation-preventing measure I can think of ahead of time.

But yeah, other things can cause this too. I think it's usually a combination of things.
    Last edited by MsDark; April 7th, 2019 at 02:11 PM.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

Cancer and IBS too, no?

If it was drugs I would think that if he made it through surgery and they are dealing with the addiction, he would be doing better by now. the fact that there are no updates and just this cryptic deflection of a press release re: Britney makes me think it was probably caused by something that they can’t fix, like advanced cancer or something and that jamie’s not long for this world and it sent Britney spiralling.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Well certainly if he has cancer or IBS. But if he has either of those he might (ironically) also be on opiods. I hope he doesn't have cancer. Britters is really going to lose it when he croaks. He needs to stick around until she's much older if at all possible.
    sputnik likes this.

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

But surely there is an interim in place? What's happened to her mother? Her father is not going to go on forever. There must be some contingency plans.

She's in rehab because their system has broken down, much as she may love her father (or resent him in some ways.)

I don’t think the issue is who is managing her conservancy, I think from what has come out about britters since her first breakdown and the conservancy is that she is very reliant on her father emotionally as well, not just as her legal guardian or sorts.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Yes, I meant who is managing her on a personal level? The court has a co-conservatorship in place anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    I don’t think the issue is who is managing her conservancy, I think from what has come out about britters since her first breakdown and the conservancy is that she is very reliant on her father emotionally as well, not just as her legal guardian or sorts.
    Really? I don't remember anything other than he was absent and had a drinking problem during her childhood while she and her mom were chasing fame. Then at some point Lynn divorced him, he got straight, and eventually was on friendly terms with Britney. I got the impression that he was put in charge of the conservatorship because he wasn't as enmeshed and financially reliant on Britney as her mom, but was clean and had a positive/neutral relationship with her. As in, he was deemed a benevolent 3rd party. I'm sure they love each other, but his fuckups in her early childhood surely shape her relationship with him.

He might have been able to support himself if their daughter hadn't become a pop star, but I'm sure he still reaped the benefits. He's probably just not as greedy as Lynn.

If I were this dude, I'd be feeling a tad guilty about not putting my foot down when it came to how Lynn let Britters grow up. That's a big reason she's unable to function as an adult. Maybe he does feel some guilt hence responsibility.

At any rate, having him in charge seems to have been working out for BritBrit.

fgg

Mom’s cryptic message leaves Britney Spears fans concerned

Fans of Britney Spears have been concerned about the singer’s well-being after her mom, Lynne, posted a photo Tuesday with a cryptic image and inspirational quote on Instagram.

The “Oops! . . . I Did It Again” singer checked into a mental health facility for treatment this month.

But the singer’s mother ominously posted online on Tuesday an image of a woman on her knees with the text: “When God’s warriors go down on their knees, the battle is not over; it has just begun.”

She also captioned the photo, “This is ‘Faith!’ ” Britney’s in treatment to cope with her father, Jamie’s, recent hospitalization.

He’s also been her conservator since 2008.

Lynne and Jamie split in 2002.

One fan commented on Lynne’s post: “I really hope you are supporting Britney in trying to end this conservatorship. I really hope your ailing ex husband isn’t keeping your daughter somewhere against her will.”

Lynne then liked the comment and several others.

Another fan comment that she liked was: “I hope she’s doing ok & can finally be able to [be] free she deserves it!! We know.”

Jamie’s been battling a serious colon condition.

He became Britney’s conservator when she was committed to a psychiatric ward and given a bipolar diagnosis.

Reps did not get back to us.

https://pagesix.com/2019/04/16/moms-...ans-concerned/
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

#freebritney

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread Information