Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Like Tree383Likes

Thread: Britney Spears Back in Mental Health Facility

Love my girl Brit and what's going on with her dad would be hard on anyone. I hope she's able to get what she needs.

"Britney hasn't been drinking or doing drugs or anything" = Britney has been drinking and doing drugs and we can't cover it up.
    I mean, it's sad and everything, but I remain cynical that it even has to do with her dad's health.

fgg

Why it’s no surprise her dad’s illness sent Britney Spears reeling

Jamie Spears is the one man whom pop icon Britney has been able to rely on.

So it comes as no surprise to those who know her that the singer plunged into a deep depression when her dad suffered a life-threatening illness.

The singer — who infamously shaved her head in front of the world’s paparazzi during a breakdown in 2007 — has always struggled with “difficult emotional and mental health issues,” sources close to the Spears family told Page Six.

And according to one source who has worked with Spears, she is extremely shy and only trusts a few people around her — and one of them is her dad.

The source told us: “Jamie was around all the time, he’s really sweet and he never overly interfered at all. They are super close.”

The source added: “At the height of her fame, Britney was taken to a place where she couldn’t be a normal person.

“It was very difficult for her to trust people — and she has always relied on her dad to help her do ‘normal’ things.

“I think it’s almost like there are two Britneys — the one who is able to go out on stage and perform to thousands of fans in Vegas — and the girl who is really quite normal with her family.”

The family source said that while Spears has not been abusing drugs, prescription meds or alcohol, she has had some recent personal complications.

The source explained, “Britney hasn’t been out partying or drinking, she’s been at home. She has very difficult emotional and mental health issues, which had been under control, but in the last few months she has been suffering and in bad shape.”

Jamie Spears is believed to have suffered a ruptured colon and a subsequent infection, and underwent another surgery a few weeks ago.

Spears seemed to point to her struggle in an Instagram post on Wednesday, writing, “We all need to take time for a little ‘me time.’

Although Spears is close to her mom, Lynne, who is divorced from Jamie, her dad is the one constant in her life.

He’s managed her business affairs and financial interests for years, and indeed, even if it was technically her decision to postpone her Vegas show to spend time with her family, he still had to sign off on her decision to halt “Britney: Domination,” as per the terms of the conservatorship that’s been in place since early 2008.

This arrangement has been rolling along for years — but at first it nearly tore the Spears family apart.

Britney was in the hospital for a psychiatric evaluation when a judge appointed Jamie, a building contractor, as a temporary conservator of her estate, alongside two lawyers, Andrew M. Wallet and Samuel D. Ingham III.

The conservatorship was at first set to last through the weekend.

The “Hit Me Baby One More Time” star’s parents took that time to start clearing their daughter’s life of any bad influences, obtaining a restraining order against Britney’s friend and sometime-manager Sam Lutfi and having the locks changed at her house.

“Nobody’s taking my house!” Britney is said to have screamed in her hospital room, per TMZ. “Who is my family?!”

The judge eventually made the conservatorship permanent, with Jamie and Wallet remaining co-conservators and Ingham remaining Spears’ advocate.

SEE ALSO

Britney Spears checks into mental health facility amid dad's illness
    And that’s how the situation has remained for almost 11 years. Spears, now worth $56 million, according to court documents, has joint custody of sons Sean Preston, 13, and Jayden James, 11, with her ex-husband Kevin Federline.

She’s now in a happy relationship with 25-year-old trainer and model Sam Asghari.

It was reported in March 2018 that Jamie was pondering whether to end the conservatorship — although a source told E! News in August that he still felt it was the best way to protect her.

Spears told People in 2015: “I’m in a real good place in my life.

“I have a great show, and I’m able to be off every six weeks and I get to indulge in my kids. I get summers off, so we can do fun things like have barbecues. The boys are in such a good stage in their lives. They’re able to think for themselves and are becoming little people. It’s fascinating … I’m the happiest I’ve ever been. My priorities are straight: making family No. 1 and being consistent with that and having God in my life.”

Asked if she ever thought she could be so happy, she replied, “No, never. Not in my wildest dreams. He motivates me more than anyone.”

Meanwhile, Asghari told Men’sHealth.com last year, “It’s crazy how I can be humbled by a person like her. If I could be that humble when I’m that high in life, that would be the best thing. I grew up with three sisters, and my personality is just to be a supportive person for my family and she’s family. I’m always going to support her. She is another blessing that happened to me.”

https://pagesix.com/2019/04/03/why-i...pears-reeling/
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

I have no problem believing she is having a hard time dealing with this. Her whole life is a big yes and she can't control her dad's health. No one can say yes this is going to be okay and not be lying.
    weathered1, Annika and Sassiness like this.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

Dealing with all that is going to hit even the most well balanced person pretty damn hard, so it's understandable that she's started to buckle under the strain and it's only appropriate that she gets the help she needs.

I wish her well.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

Not even remotely the same as Winehouse.

How things have changed. Ten years ago we would all be saying "pink wig!", now we just feel sad for her.
    palta, LaFolie and tulip like this.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

^ Her father took control of the pink wig situation. Maybe that's why.
    I have some famous friends and I have mostly not famous friends.

poor britney, this has to be so hard for her. and the lack of updates on her dad makes me think he's not getting better at all.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

We were discussing his condition not too long ago in another thread. What did we think he had that would have caused a spontaneously burst colon? Undiagnosed cancer or something?

I feel sad for Britney. Her father was the one who stepped up when she was spiraling, and got her to a point where she's been as well as she's going to be. It seems like he's been her major source of support. I'm not surprised that she needs help dealing right now. I wish her all the best. I hope her dad recovers, but it seems pretty serious...
    This seems like a lot of effort just to marry one of the Jonas Brothers. - ChemicalHelena

I feel bad for Brit, but I'm not buying a single word of this press release.

1. Why say she's not on drugs?

2. Why suddenly reveal a diagnosis of bipolar disorder after being silent about her diagnosis for a decade? NOBODY gets put under a guardianship for fucking BPD. Nobody. Whatever her issue is, its a lot more serious than something more acceptable like BPD.

I totally believe her father's health is affecting her, but I think its much more likely she went off her meds or started using drugs or something without Jamie's supervision and had to be hospitalized to get straightened out again. There was no need to whitewash it all with that lying ass press release.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

First off, the fact that they state she's going to be in for 30 days screams alcohol &/or drugs.

My take is that she's worried about her dad & she fell back into unhealthy coping mechanisms (drugs/alcohol).

She may also have gone off whatever mood stabilizing medication she was taking in addition to self-medicating.

Quote Originally Posted by effie2 View Post
    i think she should stop performing and be under pressure.she is mentally unwell and fragile and she cant cope,poor dear.Her family should stop using her,her ex included..
    As someone that is bipolar, I can barely keep up to above standards at work. That's from a desk. The idea of performing on stage, having a great body, doing that stage show - crap, that'd be a lot to one's head.

Eidt: but with that money I'd have someone doing my taxes, attending to bills, etc. Less shit to deal with.
    Novice, Sassiness and effie2 like this.

The fact she's going into treatment voluntarily before things completely fall apart is actually a sign she is overall doing pretty well. She has the means, the career flexibility, and the care for her kids to allow her to go into inpatient treatment at a time and place more or less of her choosing to be certain she's in the best possible condition to make a hard transition re her dad. That's more than most people with mental illnesses can say.
    effie2 and Mrs P like this.
    Posted from my fucking iPhone

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread Information