Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 81415161718
Like Tree657Likes

Thread: Britney Spears Back in Mental Health Facility

I've always been under the impression mental illness ran in har family, and I honestly don't remember where I read that or even when (or if I did??)

But at any rate, I too think it was a combo of things but I personally think schizophrenia was the nail in her coffin. It just seemed like she was the perfect age at the time for it to really exhibit. She had just had two kids back to back, hormones, drugs and an underlying mental disorder seems like a recipe for disaster. That's not even thinking of what kind of shit she was exposed to or went through in the early 00's when her career was at it's height.

I also never got the impression she was very intelligent...like at all. So I really don't think she ever had a leg of her own to stand on even if she wanted to.

I loved her growing up so it's really sad to think of where she is now and how she got there, but it's even sadder to think that she wants to just go hide out where ever and do whatever and she isn't being allowed to because someone is out for more cash.

I don't think we'll ever get an entire story here, I just hope she can get what she wants out of life at some point.
    sputnik and effie2 like this.

So when I see these ad-like "stories" on social media (particularly Lamebook) about "Poor Britney can't get married! She has no control over her own life!" with heartwrenching love song background music and the resulting one millions comments from dumbasses: "She's an adult! Let her get married and have baybees with this guy, be happy, be in charge of her own life, blahblahblahblah" from dumbasses who have no clue it makes me want to hurl.

This is an almost 40 year old with ex husband(s) and two almost grown kids. If she's not able to make decisions for herself and for THIS long, don't you think there's a damned good reason? She probably had no business having the two kids she did. But now that she's on a cocktail of meds and has 24/7 minders to keep her from going off the rails, she definitely has no business being pregnant. She's probably walking a fine line with staying stable and sober (even with lots of help) and something nowhere near as major and life changing as a marriage and pregnancy/baby could wreck all that. Hell, it's probably touch and go just letting her have a relationship....though I guess they figure she'd be way worse off if they didn't let her...and as long as she's with someone stable and sober who won't fuck with her head too much and can handle her mental issues it's better than the alternative.

But... I'm almost in agreement that if she no longer wants to perform they need to find a way to make that happen. Maybe replace that with something else she can do that will give her a daily routine. What, I have no idea. But it needs to be something easy that she can take breaks from if needed.

I guess "Free Britney" people are the ones not in the know about what's really going on (and has happened) with her and are thinking she's a "normal" person who just had a few wild years and is still "paying" for it.
    rollo, Lofty Bike, Trixie and 3 others like this.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

I know. I give up on that 'Free Britney' mantra. Freeing her into the wild, so to speak, would be a death sentence. And I'm one of those who feel she brought it on herself in her out of control years which permanently damaged her. And now she needs an army of people to look after her and she's ruined their lives too. I mean, the years and years of effort have made everyone cling onto the money because there's nothing else except fooling the public and making more money. The fact that she doesn't look as haggard and ill as she might means her career will limp along for a while longer. Technology and smoke and mirrors have saved her.
    Trixie likes this.
    I have some famous friends and I have mostly not famous friends.

Whatever her issues are, she obviously hasn't progressed at all if her own lawyer says she's not capable of signing a legal document. It's not like her father is some maniacal monster who is holding her captive and making her work. Well, the making her work, maybe. But I think even that is just as much about keeping her occupied as it is the money. And all of this is being overseen by the courts. I can't believe a judge would go along with a permanent conservatorship unless there was strong medical evidence of her incompetency. I think that in addition to her mental health issues, she's also still an impetuous teenager trapped in a 40 year old body and would likely still be doing all the things we saw in her meltdown phase if her father hadn't stepped up and reigned her in. All of this is really just protecting her from herself.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

^ The lawyer used that as a metaphore because she is not allowed to sign documents or choose a lawyer when she's under a conservatorship.

Quote Originally Posted by MsDark View Post
    if she's not able to make decisions for herself and for THIS long, don't you think there's a damned good reason?
    I think that this is exactly the point.
    OITNB, Galina 'Red' Reznikov:
    You want to assassinate someone, vision is a basic requirement. It's like: step one: pick a person to kill. Step two: kill THAT person.

I don't understand why they can't get her in front of a judge and psych professionals who can evaluate what her feelings really are on performing. A private deposition of sorts.

What gave me a real pause is the article (on the previous page I think?), that said someone from her management was appointed in charge once Jaime resigned--Why would the court do that? Her management would obviously be acting in their own self-interest and make her perform, even if she doesn't want to or isn't in her own best interest.

*edit: I found the excerpt

• Jamie, stepped down in September 2019, after petitioning the court to hand over the reins of her conservatorship, citing ongoing health issues
    • A judge at the time approved Jamie's request and appointed Britney's longtime care manager Jodi Montgomery, as her new conservator

Thinking more about it, I guess care manager has an emphasis on "care?" As in someone who manages her health/well-being type care? That would make more sense.

Anyways, they still need a plan to keep her busy and productive, even if it doesn't mean performing. That's the only treadmill and real responsibility she's known, so I get why they'd lean heavily on that. She probably needs a full-time physical baby-sitter (full-time care).
    Novice, Lofty Bike and Lalasnake like this.

I think the guy she's in a relationship with is her babysitter. It's the easiest way to let her have some semblance of a life without thinking she's being babysat.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

I don't know. How competent is this revolving door of 'boyfriends' who are always much younger and presumably immature and money-hungry? I think they know her type and recruit accordingly. The other people around her do the work and the boy toys are for photo opps, play time and a lot of sleeping and watching movies I guess. Fun times.

^^^I think her boyfriends ages reflect her mental age quite well. She has been with the current one for years now and they seem happy.
    OITNB, Galina 'Red' Reznikov:
    You want to assassinate someone, vision is a basic requirement. It's like: step one: pick a person to kill. Step two: kill THAT person.

Bronze Member

I applaud her for acknowledging that she needs help.

Quote Originally Posted by Blitzma View Post
    I applaud her for acknowledging that she needs help.
    Huh? When was this? 2007?
    fgg likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Lofty Bike View Post
    ^^^I think her boyfriends ages reflect her mental age quite well. She has been with the current one for years now and they seem happy.
    Remember her first post-meltdown boyfriend Jason Trawick? He was older, her ex manager or publicist or something, then he was her boyfriend/fiance and co-conservator. Then they allegedly broke up because she wanted more kids and he didn't. More like he decided the money wasn't worth being Britney's babysitter/lover. I'm sure every boyfriend since has been well-compensated for their time. Her life is like the Truman Show.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

I think the point about the conservatorship is that kids are off the menu. I wonder if she realises?

Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 81415161718

Thread Information