Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 61213141516
Like Tree564Likes

Thread: Britney Spears Back in Mental Health Facility

Invisalign uses retainer devices to move teeth
    fgg likes this.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

I had breeches when I was 8 and hd them until I was 12, then I had a retainer for 2 Years. Since then, nothing ever moved in any direction. It's probably different when you get that done as a kid.

Quote Originally Posted by Lofty Bike View Post
    I had breeches when I was 8 and hd them until I was 12, then I had a retainer for 2 Years. Since then, nothing ever moved in any direction. It's probably different when you get that done as a kid.
    I had braces at 15 for 9 months to close a front tooth gap. Shortly after they came off my wisdom teeth came in terribly impacted and sideways. Jacked my teeth right up where the retainer no longer fit in less than a week. They looked worse after than before.

I put braces back on last year at 42. Comng off in a few more months, I hope.

Grey, my nephew, and niece both had Invisalign placed over the winter. The trays click into small brackets placed on the teeth. Basically, braces brackets and the trays snap on and off.
    Annika likes this.

^^^Wow, that is bad. My front teeth were far apart and I had some serious overbite, therapy was very slow but it did work very well in my case. My parents made me a model patient, I went to the doc every Tuesday for 4 years for controls and tightening, it turned out so well that the dentist put my before and after models in his show window.
    sprynkles and lindsaywhit like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Charmed Hour View Post
    I had braces at 15 for 9 months to close a front tooth gap. Shortly after they came off my wisdom teeth came in terribly impacted and sideways. Jacked my teeth right up where the retainer no longer fit in less than a week. They looked worse after than before.

I put braces back on last year at 42. Comng off in a few more months, I hope.

Grey, my nephew, and niece both had Invisalign placed over the winter. The trays click into small brackets placed on the teeth. Basically, braces brackets and the trays snap on and off.
    We just closed the gap in our daughter's teeth with Invisalign. She still has her wisdom teeth, but the orthodontist said her wisdom teeth looking like they are going to erupt straight upward. Our son's, though, were a nightmare. Exactly a year ago when we had his taken out. He just officially switched to only having to wear his retainer at night, which he loves since it means he can now eat or drink randomly throughout the day without the hassle of removing the retainer.

My 16yo son had a palette expander and I honestly don't know why he didn't rip it out of his mouth. It was so uncomfortable for him, it looked like a metal crab was stuck in the roof of his mouth. He just had that removed after more than a year and I think he's got about another six months with the traditional braces now (they were placed at the same time the expander was installed).

My top teeth used to be really good, now one of my two front teeth is ever so slightly turned. It started happening a couple of years after I had all of my wisdom teeth removed. My bottom teeth are very, very crooked and I've had dentists over the years asking me to do something about it (there was always something else to spend extra money on). Because of the slightly turned one in front, you will very, very rarely see me smiling with my mouth open. I'm soooo bugged about it, so I only have a Mona Lisa smile for pictures (and mostly in person too). I drink iced tea all the time and my teeth don't seem to respond to regular whitening toothpaste. I'd love to get them whitened.
    "Please, I can't breathe."

We are only as strong as we are united, as weak as we are divided.

It's amazing what they can do with orthodontics these days. My nephew suffered through the pallet expander and some other torture device for a few years prior to braces. He had a receding chin beforehand but the orthodontic treatment doubled as plastic surgery! Nice strong chin now! Definitely beats the double headgear I endured as a kid without the added aesthetic bonus.
    Why do people say, "Grow some balls?" Balls are weak and sensitive. If you really want to get tough, grow a vagina. Those things take a pounding! ~ Betty White

Quote Originally Posted by Nevan View Post
    My 16yo son had a palette expander and I honestly don't know why he didn't rip it out of his mouth. It was so uncomfortable for him, it looked like a metal crab was stuck in the roof of his mouth. He just had that removed after more than a year and I think he's got about another six months with the traditional braces now (they were placed at the same time the expander was installed).

My top teeth used to be really good, now one of my two front teeth is ever so slightly turned. It started happening a couple of years after I had all of my wisdom teeth removed. My bottom teeth are very, very crooked and I've had dentists over the years asking me to do something about it (there was always something else to spend extra money on). Because of the slightly turned one in front, you will very, very rarely see me smiling with my mouth open. I'm soooo bugged about it, so I only have a Mona Lisa smile for pictures (and mostly in person too). I drink iced tea all the time and my teeth don't seem to respond to regular whitening toothpaste. I'd love to get them whitened.
    Try crest white strips. Being a smoker I have used them for years. My dentistís hygienists all comment on how white my teeth are whenever I see them.

My dentist got me hooked on hydrogen peroxide and baking soda that I mix into a paste and then put in custom dental trays. You probably could brush with it. too. Really whitens my teeth and kills the microflora under my gums so no issues with gingivitis, which believe me, used to be a huge and expensive issue. Once or twice a week is probably best. I'm lazy, so once a month with the trays for about 20 minutes.

Another great teeth whitener is activated charcoal. Just open a capsule onto a toothbrush and brush away for a few minutes. Don't stray far from the sink...this works too.
    Why do people say, "Grow some balls?" Balls are weak and sensitive. If you really want to get tough, grow a vagina. Those things take a pounding! ~ Betty White

Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 61213141516

Thread Information