Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree49Likes

Thread: Britney Spears announces hiatus to care for father after life-threatening illness

Quote Originally Posted by BrowFilla View Post
    There must be more to this story if the hospitalization happened a couple of months ago, he's now released and expected to make a full recovery. She's on Instagram in mid to late December still in rehearsals.
    I thought the same thing initially then the whole reality of the thing kicked in, no surgery is a walk in the park, as others have said there is the risk of sepsis (sorry about your cousin), cleaning out the mess that is in your insides, he may have other medical needs during the first couple of months (work it out, you know what a bowel does. I’m not saying/typing it).
    Then once he is out of hospital and starting to recover, you get assessed and re-assessed.
    All the time this is happening Britney is working & rehearsing? Wow! Good for her to retain her focus!!!
    Also, the contractual negotiations to postpone the residency would take time & we don’t know when they started.

You know, I think that it’s quite nice that Britney is going to take time off to look after her dad, especially after everything that her dad has done for her. Kind of balances it all out. Obviously not for any reason that he needs looking after!

Hope he gets better soon.

Quote Originally Posted by BrowFilla View Post
    There must be more to this story if the hospitalization happened a couple of months ago, he's now released and expected to make a full recovery. She's on Instagram in mid to late December still in rehearsals.
    Yeah, maybe poor ticket sales as she is continually touring. I don't believe she will turn into Florence Nightingale but it's good for her to have a break.
    I have some famous friends and I have mostly not famous friends.

It could also be that the stress of her father, who seems to be one of the central figures in her life, being ill has caused her a great deal of stress and she has decided to take time off to help him recover AND to give herself a break mentally. She is a fragile girl and maybe she knew that it would all be too much for her without her dad's support. If that's the case, then I give her major props. I think one of her biggest issues in the past was overworking herself and never saying no, and it caused her to put her mental health on the back burner for years. Maybe she's grown up enough to know her own limitations and made this choice for her own well-being too. Having a sick parent is really hard, especially when you are as dependent on them as Brit is. It's possible she knows the stress of performing will be too much for her on top of that.

Either way, I think she made a wise choice and I really hope her dad recovers.
    My doctor says that I have a malformed public-duty gland and a natural deficiency in moral fibre and that I am therefore excused from saving Universes.- Douglas Adams

Wasn't someone on here saying recently that they believed Jamie Spears was ill and what that would mean for the conservatorship?

He's been such a rock to her life and lifestyle for so many years at this point, I'm really glad she's taking time off to take care of him as well as process what is happening. I could imagine his passing having a profound on effect on her mental stability.
    Waterslide likes this.
    All you can do at life is play along and hope that sometimes you get it right.

that's sad. What happens to the conservatorship?

He's not the only conservator so it will continue in some form or other.
    I have some famous friends and I have mostly not famous friends.

66 is too young to kick it. Hope he recovers.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

Heartbreaking. My Dad recently died of a perforated bowel, so this really hits home. He developed sepsis, pulled through and battled back and died suddenly on the rehab floor after he was expected to make a full recovery.

If I had had the chance to spend more time with him, I'd move heaven and earth to do so. Go Brit!
    Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity.

Quote Originally Posted by firebrat1229 View Post
    Heartbreaking. My Dad recently died of a perforated bowel, so this really hits home. He developed sepsis, pulled through and battled back and died suddenly on the rehab floor after he was expected to make a full recovery.

If I had had the chance to spend more time with him, I'd move heaven and earth to do so. Go Brit!
    So sorry fire. My grandpa died after a perforated bowel complication. Had sepsis too, pulled through, but then died when they gave him too much morphine after it all.
    firebrat1229 likes this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information