Page 164 of 242 FirstFirst ... 64114154160161162163164165166167168174214 ... LastLast
Results 2,446 to 2,460 of 3629
Like Tree4483Likes

Thread: Brandi Glanville leaving Dan Tana's nearly falling several times as she exits taxi

it is still considered an accomplishment to be known as a "New York Times best selling author."
    In Brandi's case, I would find it to be a bigger accomplishment to read a book. One without pictures.
    mostroop, stef and snoopqueen like this.

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

and no hashtags. and no mention of an ex husband, his new wife, stds, your kids or using the word "fuck".
    oh noes, she HAS no book, now... well, fuck!
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(•_•)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

and without a ghostwriter. I mean, its great for her that her book sold, but this woman is barely literate. It's not like she wrote the freaking thing.
    snoopqueen likes this.

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

yeah, she's done so much for herself with the notoriety of being on the best seller's list....
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    П(•_•)П

Quote Originally Posted by Mel1973 View Post
    i think it WAS cedric... my bad, i don't know what i was thinking...
    I'm glad I'm not nuts (about that anyway). I realized my post might have read like I thought YOU should rewatch it, which is so not what I meant. I usually have it on and am only half paying attention to it, so thought I might have heard it wrong. Anything is possible with BG.
    "Shopping tip: You can get shoes for a buck at the bowling alley."

Quote Originally Posted by Bombshell View Post
    I'm glad I'm not nuts (about that anyway). I realized my post might have read like I thought YOU should rewatch it, which is so not what I meant. I usually have it on and am only half paying attention to it, so thought I might have heard it wrong. Anything is possible with BG.
    i didn't read it that way. i think i said "bernie" because I don't have any recollection about who the hell cedric is...
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    П(•_•)П

Well I will go on record to say that Mel should rewatch it as punishment for not having her facts correct.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

no. fuck off.
    sluce likes this.
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    П(•_•)П

^great lesson for shed there. See how she told me to fuck OFF instead of fuck YOU?
    Kittylady, Mel1973 and Bombshell like this.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mel1973 View Post
    oh goody. gossip and getting edumacated. when people like brandi make that "list", it does lose it's lustre. that's a fact.

So prestigious:
    Stop paying attention to the New York Times' Best Sellers list

By Wyl Villacres, August 11, 2013 at 1:43 pm

Every writer wants to be on the top of The New York Times Best Sellers List. Every single one of us, right?
    No. Fuck the NYT best sellers.
    Any time I hear someone talk about which book is a best seller, which book is good to read because of its place on that oh-so marvelous list of books to buy, I kindly and softly remind them that “SNOOKI IS A GODDAMN NYT BEST SELLER.” That’s right. Snooki. From Jersey Shore. That Snooki.
    Which leads me to the most obvious point about best sellers lists. These are just the books that sold the most copies. This is a list of popular books in a time where shows like The Big Bang Theory or Two and a Half Men are number one shows. Popular opinion is often wrong, if not incredibly fucking stupid. For example, we are a country that elected George W. Bush. No, not the first time. The second time. In 2008, a majority of voters in liberal haven California voted to take away the right to marry from their gay counterparts. We are a nation of idiots, and following majority rule isn’t an appropriate way to go about things.
    Let’s take a look at the current NYT best sellers list (I’m writing this on Friday, August 9, 2013). Do you see number three? Number three is the latest in the Robert Langdon series. The sequel to the sequel of DaVinci Code is holding down the number three spot. It’s popular, but does that make it good? Fuck no. (Sorry, Dan Brown. But your symbology can go fuck itself.)
    Meanwhile, the far more interesting part of the NYT and their book fetish, the Review of Books, is nowhere near as recognized, and they actually give real books a shot.
    That isn’t to say that the best sellers list isn’t trying. They separated mass market and trade books. Cool. Now if they could separate shitty popular opinion to what is going to drive sales, that’d be great.
    Because here is the real issue. Best sellers lists are self-perpetuating. A book makes a lot of sales and makes it on the list. The list is where people get ideas on where to buy new books. They buy the best sellers and those top ten jockey for position ad nauseam until the new “blockbuster” with the best marketing makes it onto the list. Meanwhile, small presses that are putting out what is good instead of what is marketable get shafted and end up praying to their various gods and goddesses for a review that no one will read.
    And I’m coming from a fiction background, so I get the most upset about those sorts of things. Fictional things, I guess. But that isn’t to say that the best sellers in nonfiction are free of the mindless masses. For fuck’s sake, Bossy Pants the, no doubt, hilarious book from Tina Fey IS STILL ON THERE. Half of the list has been in some position from anywhere between 20 and 123 weeks. That’s more than two years, TWO YEARS on the best sellers list. And props to Reza Aslan for getting lucky with an idiotic Fox News interview and jumping to the number one spot. Excellent marketing. Enjoy your perpetual cycle.
    I don’t want to come off like I’m saying none of the books on the list deserve to be there. Gone Girl has a deserved spot at number 8. But still, the notion that what’s popular will somehow determine what is worthy reading is stupid. There are popular shows on TV called “Duck Dynasty” and “Hardcore Pawn.” Do those display stellar writing and make social commentary? If they only serve to show us how bad our collective tastes are, then yes.
    That might be what the NYT is doing too.
    Filed under: Opinion, Uncategorized

This, exactly.

Being on a list like the NYT best sellers doesn't mean it's worth reading or even paying attention to. It just means it's popular with a large number of people. Kind of like the Kardashians.
    darksithbunny likes this.

czb

^^^ maybe. but if i were on the NYT bestseller list, i would be singing it from the treetops. seriously. but yeah, i would be more proud of a good review in the review section. but which is gonna pay the bills?

i don't know about that... i mean, if you're Brandi or Snooki, maybe. I mean, honestly, that's the best they are ever going to do. I'd NOT scream from the rooftops that I (MEL!!!) wrote the shit these people "wrote". I would not want credit for that tripe.
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    П(•_•)П

czb

^^^ if the tripe supported me financially, i would be proud. not all authors are gonna be the next marquez. i mean, the article you cited mentioned gone girl which i thought was complete drek. all this is very subjective.

i hated gone girl. overhyped piece of shit......

czb

^^^ me, too. it's not as though i have a lot of spare time, so i get annoyed when i waste it reading crap like that.

Thread Information