Page 163 of 242 FirstFirst ... 63113153159160161162163164165166167173213 ... LastLast
Results 2,431 to 2,445 of 3629
Like Tree4483Likes

Thread: Brandi Glanville leaving Dan Tana's nearly falling several times as she exits taxi

Quote Originally Posted by MmeVertigina View Post
    This, here too. I get a bit weirded out when I am carded, usually because I always have my kids with me and my 12 year old is nearly as tall as I am. I wonder, are they thinking I was 10 when I had him? Most likely it's just an across the board policy to card at certain places. I actually like being referred to as ma'am by people who I am not familiar with, my mom used to get SO offended by it (and she loved being carded), it makes me feel respected.
    I always IDed when I worked in a restaurant for the reason Bombshell mentioned, because I saw way too many co-workers get fired after not carding "secret shoppers." Also, a lot of people find it flattering and reward you for it in tips. The general rule where I worked was to ID anyone who looked under forty, though. Being a decade under, I'm never flattered when it happens (though sometimes insulted when it doesn't), but this chick made my day for a split second when she seemed genuinely surprised by my age. I'm sure she figured I was over 19 (I'm obsessive about sunscreen, but I'd have to swallow it to be that deluded), but I like to think maybe she pegged me for 24, 25ish. And as I close in on 30, I'll be honest and say it was sort of nice. As for being called "ma'am," it doesn't bother me. I'm a teacher, so I hear it all the time. What was funny (and yet sad) was the total change in her demeanor. First she's all indifferent and even a little short, figuring I'm young and oblivious and not the type to care if she's professional. Which I don't, incidentally. Then she's all stiff and formal like she's got to cover her bases because you know how those crotchety grown-ups just love to call and complain. It didn't actually upset me or anything, though. I found it hilarious (though in hindsight, it was probably more in the "had to be there" way), so I figured I'd share. I don't worry too much about how old I look.... Though I do hail from the burbs, so maybe that's why.

I wear sunscreen because I'd rather resign myself to being a dark-haired albino than quit smoking for a tan. It's twisted logic, but one cancerous habit is bad enough. I'm already pretty screwed in the genetic lottery.

As for Brandi, I saw a pic from her Andy Cohen interview with Jenny McCarthy. I couldn't get the clip to play on my phone, but she looked pretty awful. Especially next to Jenny, who I don't find to be very attractive in her own right. But given they're rougly the same age, it was pretty startling. She usually looks better on film than in pictures, so maybe she fares better in the clip, but yikes. Holy melted Barbie! I know PS has fucked up her face, but I also think she just has plain bad skin. You could sort of see how scarring from acne has fucked with the texture of her skin. Under the spackled-on foundation, she has visible craters and lumps of skin tissue. I can't imagine how bad it is in direct sunlight. I feel a twinge of sympathy for anyone with serious skin issues, especially when they're so obviously insecure about it like she is, but she's doing herself a disservice by injecting all that shit in her face. All the patches of smooth frozen skin only make the problem areas more obvious.
    MmeVertigina likes this.
    My doctor says that I have a malformed public-duty gland and a natural deficiency in moral fibre and that I am therefore excused from saving Universes.- Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by manningmsj View Post
    I always IDed when I worked in a restaurant for the reason Bombshell mentioned, because I saw way too many co-workers get fired after not carding "secret shoppers." Also, a lot of people find it flattering and reward you for it in tips. The general rule where I worked was to ID anyone who looked under forty, though. Being a decade under, I'm never flattered when it happens (though sometimes insulted when it doesn't), but this chick made my day for a split second when she seemed genuinely surprised by my age. I'm sure she figured I was over 19 (I'm obsessive about sunscreen, but I'd have to swallow it to be that deluded), but I like to think maybe she pegged me for 24, 25ish. And as I close in on 30, I'll be honest and say it was sort of nice. As for being called "ma'am," it doesn't bother me. I'm a teacher, so I hear it all the time. What was funny (and yet sad) was the total change in her demeanor. First she's all indifferent and even a little short, figuring I'm young and oblivious and not the type to care if she's professional. Which I don't, incidentally. Then she's all stiff and formal like she's got to cover her bases because you know how those crotchety grown-ups just love to call and complain. It didn't actually upset me or anything, though. I found it hilarious (though in hindsight, it was probably more in the "had to be there" way), so I figured I'd share. I don't worry too much about how old I look.... Though I do hail from the burbs, so maybe that's why.
    The reward in tips part made me laugh, totally makes sense.
    I think too, the way people react to me depends on what I am wearing and how polished I look at the time. I have been in yoga type clothes around the house and had people come to my door and assume I am the nanny, or out in jeans and a ponytail at the park and have people say, "All of those can't be yours!" referring to my kids, as if I'm some pied piper of children and they just gather 'round me wherever I go. But if I'm shopping at Barney's or Neiman's & have my hair down and a nice bag on my arm, and a bit more makeup than the basic blush and sunscreen, I get a much different reaction from people. Who knows, in my case it might not be an age thing so much as a composure thing.
    Last edited by MmeVertigina; February 11th, 2014 at 07:51 PM. Reason: oh I can;t type.

Quote Originally Posted by manningmsj View Post
    This is O/T, but I got carded today and it made me think of this thread. I'm usually not flattered by it because I worked in a bar long enough to know the rules, but this was for cigarettes (yeah, I suck) and the cashier actually said "Wow, I thought you were way younger" when she saw my DOB. Le sigh. The joy was short-lived, though. Once she realized my real "advanced" age, the pimply twerp fixed her slouch, double-checked that she'd given me a recept, and told me to "have a great day, ma'am."
    It's so funny how people can unintentionally deflate you so quickly. When my daughter was 4, we were looking at a trash mag together and a picture of Mila Kunis came up. She said "Mama, she looks just like you!" I was basking in the glow of this (inaccurate) compliment when she followed up with, "But her legs arent as chunky"
    Yes, my 4 year old used the word chunky. To describe me. She got to watch her little brother eat ice cream that night

This, here too. I get a bit weirded out when I am carded, usually because I always have my kids with me and my 12 year old is nearly as tall as I am. I wonder, are they thinking I was 10 when I had him? Most likely it's just an across the board policy to card at certain places. I actually like being referred to as ma'am by people who I am not familiar with, my mom used to get SO offended by it (and she loved being carded), it makes me feel respected.
    oh, that's what I always think. I'm like "bitch, this is my fucking 15 (16 in June) year old son... if I'm not over fucking 21, are you accusing ME of getting knocked at 6?! totally irrational, but hey... that's me! To be honest, sometimes my mom gets carded.. and if I'm 40...
    Quote Originally Posted by Novice View Post
    When I was last carded I was with my bff from college.
    The cashier asked who was buying the booze, when I said that I was, he demanded id. My friend said "and you didnt want it from me?" "no ma'am"....
    And she is a couple of years younger than me. She told her hubby that I got carded almost.immediately he got through the door at home! I think that she was more pleased than I was! Lol!

The whole name thing with Brandi with an I, is ridiculous but she's there for drama.
    A. Good for you!
    B. your friend should have cold-cocked that sumbitch! (i kinda hope our non americans aren't familiar with that term because it just gave me the giggles typing it!)
    The reward in tips part made me laugh, totally makes sense.
    I think too, the way people react to me depends on what I am wearing and how polished I look at the time. I have been in yoga type clothes around the house and had people come to my door and assume I am the nanny, or out in jeans and a ponytail at the park and have people say, "All of those can't be yours!" referring to my kids, as if I'm some pied piper of children and they just gather 'round me wherever I go. But if I'm shopping at Barney's or Neiman's & have my hair down and a nice bag on my arm, and a bit more makeup than the basic blush and sunscreen, I get a much different reaction from people. Who knows, in my case it might not be an age thing so much as a composure thing.
    jesus, do you have a ton of kids??? People used to say that to my mom but she had 6 of us by 28 so... you know, she was fucking like a duggar!
    Quote Originally Posted by Flygirl View Post
    It's so funny how people can unintentionally deflate you so quickly. When my daughter was 4, we were looking at a trash mag together and a picture of Mila Kunis came up. She said "Mama, she looks just like you!" I was basking in the glow of this (inaccurate) compliment when she followed up with, "But her legs arent as chunky"
    Yes, my 4 year old used the word chunky. To describe me. She got to watch her little brother eat ice cream that night
    as she SHOULD have, the little wise ass!
    Flygirl and MmeVertigina like this.
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(•_•)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

Silver Member

Caught Brandi on Watch What Happens Live with Andy Cohen and Jenny McCarthy. Brandi had SEVERE cat face! You know it's bad when Jenny McCarthy looked absolutely natural next to Brandi. Her face was busted!
    snoopqueen likes this.

well, after this week's episode of RHOBH, Brandi is catching some well-deserved shit from Lisa fans... and I really wish she'd stop shilling that fucking "book" all the damn time.
    Bombshell and snoopqueen like this.
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    П(•_•)П

Silver Member

Ken Todd sent her tweet sounding like he may sue for slander. Wouldn't that serve her lying ass. I can't believe how many fell for her being so "truthful" bitch please. Lies like a rug.
    snoopqueen likes this.

yeah, i saw that. it's a shame what she's done because Ken & Lisa did seem to care about her. she's as bad as the other one with her "truth". all that is is reality skewed to whichever way suits a bitch at that moment.
    Beantownfan likes this.
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    П(•_•)П

Silver Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mel1973 View Post
    well, after this week's episode of RHOBH, Brandi is catching some well-deserved shit from Lisa fans... and I really wish she'd stop shilling that fucking "book" all the damn time.
    What did Brandi do? I missed this weeks episode.

Quote Originally Posted by Beantownfan View Post
    What did Brandi do? I missed this weeks episode.
    She talked shit about Lisa to Kim Richards at Carlton's party and during another outing (excersiding with Kyle), she unloaded on Kyle about how Lisa has used her ... saying that Lisa is better than Bobby Fischer and is manipulating everyone. that even though Lisa never told her to say specific things, Lisa would have long conversations with her about people.. knowing how Brandi is (thus knowing) and that Brandi would say the things lisa wanted without ever having to really put her hand up the puppet's ass. And during the conversation, there was one point when it flashed to Faye Resnick saying (to Lisa) that she thinks lisa puts brandi up to doing her dirty work. it was just a really ugly (and quite long) bashing of Lisa that ended with Brandi saying "I'm basically putting myself out there to have my life destroyed by saying this now"... "lisa's had Bernie (adrienne's chef) banished to soemwhere in France - he's not even allowed in the US anymore. I've watched Lisa punish you (kyle) over and over for the things you said and NOW it's like you guys are BFFs again. How did you get past what she did to you?"... ad nauseum
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    П(•_•)П

Quote Originally Posted by Mel1973 View Post
    "lisa's had Bernie (adrienne's chef) banished to soemwhere in France - he's not even allowed in the US anymore.
    I heard her say something about Adrienne, but I thought she said it was Cedric was banished to France. Will have to rewatch and pay more attention to what she actually said. The only reason I even really remember the Cedric comment is because I thought to myself "Oh, are we suppose to still be pretending you guys were close friends?".
    "Shopping tip: You can get shoes for a buck at the bowling alley."

Quote Originally Posted by Bombshell View Post
    I heard her say something about Adrienne, but I thought she said it was Cedric was banished to France. Will have to rewatch and pay more attention to what she actually said. The only reason I even really remember the Cedric comment is because I thought to myself "Oh, are we suppose to still be pretending you guys were close friends?".
    i think it WAS cedric... my bad, i don't know what i was thinking...
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    П(•_•)П

Silver Member

Thanks Mel, glad I missed it. Brandi's whiny voice is like nails on a chalkboard to me. I love how her fantardz think being a NYT best seller is a big deal. Denise Richards, lisa Rinna and Tori Spelling are too. No accounting for taste.

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by Beantownfan View Post
    Thanks Mel, glad I missed it. Brandi's whiny voice is like nails on a chalkboard to me. I love how her fantardz think being a NYT best seller is a big deal. Denise Richards, lisa Rinna and Tori Spelling are too. No accounting for taste.

You may dislike the peeps who make the list, but being on the NYT list of best sellers actually is a pretty big deal. It represents the biggest sellers each week, fiction and non-fiction, as reported by book sellers. So while you may not like people's taste in books, it is still considered an accomplishment to be known as a "New York Times best selling author."
    sluce, manningmsj and Gossiplover like this.

oh goody. gossip and getting edumacated. when people like brandi make that "list", it does lose it's lustre. that's a fact.

So prestigious:
    Stop paying attention to the New York Times' Best Sellers list

By Wyl Villacres, August 11, 2013 at 1:43 pm

Every writer wants to be on the top of The New York Times Best Sellers List. Every single one of us, right?
    No. Fuck the NYT best sellers.
    Any time I hear someone talk about which book is a best seller, which book is good to read because of its place on that oh-so marvelous list of books to buy, I kindly and softly remind them that “SNOOKI IS A GODDAMN NYT BEST SELLER.” That’s right. Snooki. From Jersey Shore. That Snooki.
    Which leads me to the most obvious point about best sellers lists. These are just the books that sold the most copies. This is a list of popular books in a time where shows like The Big Bang Theory or Two and a Half Men are number one shows. Popular opinion is often wrong, if not incredibly fucking stupid. For example, we are a country that elected George W. Bush. No, not the first time. The second time. In 2008, a majority of voters in liberal haven California voted to take away the right to marry from their gay counterparts. We are a nation of idiots, and following majority rule isn’t an appropriate way to go about things.
    Let’s take a look at the current NYT best sellers list (I’m writing this on Friday, August 9, 2013). Do you see number three? Number three is the latest in the Robert Langdon series. The sequel to the sequel of DaVinci Code is holding down the number three spot. It’s popular, but does that make it good? Fuck no. (Sorry, Dan Brown. But your symbology can go fuck itself.)
    Meanwhile, the far more interesting part of the NYT and their book fetish, the Review of Books, is nowhere near as recognized, and they actually give real books a shot.
    That isn’t to say that the best sellers list isn’t trying. They separated mass market and trade books. Cool. Now if they could separate shitty popular opinion to what is going to drive sales, that’d be great.
    Because here is the real issue. Best sellers lists are self-perpetuating. A book makes a lot of sales and makes it on the list. The list is where people get ideas on where to buy new books. They buy the best sellers and those top ten jockey for position ad nauseam until the new “blockbuster” with the best marketing makes it onto the list. Meanwhile, small presses that are putting out what is good instead of what is marketable get shafted and end up praying to their various gods and goddesses for a review that no one will read.
    And I’m coming from a fiction background, so I get the most upset about those sorts of things. Fictional things, I guess. But that isn’t to say that the best sellers in nonfiction are free of the mindless masses. For fuck’s sake, Bossy Pants the, no doubt, hilarious book from Tina Fey IS STILL ON THERE. Half of the list has been in some position from anywhere between 20 and 123 weeks. That’s more than two years, TWO YEARS on the best sellers list. And props to Reza Aslan for getting lucky with an idiotic Fox News interview and jumping to the number one spot. Excellent marketing. Enjoy your perpetual cycle.
    I don’t want to come off like I’m saying none of the books on the list deserve to be there. Gone Girl has a deserved spot at number 8. But still, the notion that what’s popular will somehow determine what is worthy reading is stupid. There are popular shows on TV called “Duck Dynasty” and “Hardcore Pawn.” Do those display stellar writing and make social commentary? If they only serve to show us how bad our collective tastes are, then yes.
    That might be what the NYT is doing too.
    Filed under: Opinion, Uncategorized
    Dorahacky likes this.
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    П(•_•)П

Thread Information